USWNT Prospects

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by antnee7898, Aug 4, 2021.

1. CookieRules

CookieRules Member

N/a
    United States
    Jul 1, 2021
    Its hilarious that youre using the success of Barca as a barometer for the success of the Spanish NT. Thats exactly what people were doing with the French team. Gloating about Lyon dominating the championship league winning every year. Thinking that will translate to their NT. Tell me again how many medals the FrenchWNT have?
    The way I see it Germany is still the queen of Europe. These european teams need to level Germanys success before they start trash talking about the USA. And its going to take more than one generation to catch up to Germanys success. So these new flavor of the month teams and their fans need to eat some humble pie.

2. CookieRules

CookieRules Member

N/a
    United States
    Jul 1, 2021
    Meh i dont worry about the netherlands either. They have Miedema. Shes a good player but thats all they have they couldnt even beat us in the olympics. And im not worried about their new american hire either. He coach some US nt players but he didnt coach all of them together in one team.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The French did beat us three times over the last 6-7 years. But, yeah, it was all friendless, and having that chemistry with 6-8 players from Lyon sure helped. Now they got two equally strong clubs(with her emergence of PSG). Even though most of Europe’s leagues are extremely unbalanced, finally the Champions League has turned into an groups stage format giving all those Euro super clubs more/better competition.
    Because the Dutch have their best pro’s scattered all around Europe(due to their mostly amateur league back home) they’ve played the exact same lineup over & over again. It’s help them too play with a lot of chemistry, but deprived them from bringing up any newbies. This could change however with Parsons becoming their new coach(not sure it this will make them better or worse though)
    Right now France & Germany look like a mess; the French coach seems to be feuding with her vets, thus bringing a lot of newbies into the squad, the German coach as well has used over 40 players in the last few years. It’s given both teams very little chemistry to compete with the other bigwigs. England has a lot of potential young strikers that they don’t or barely use(Salmon. Kelly, Galton, James. Beth Eng.). Instead build their NT around Man City, but which keeps flopping in the Champions League(failed to make their 16 team group stage)
    So seems like Netherlands, Spain & Sweden have it more altogether for right now. Europe has an advantage because they’re championship coming up & this time only one year before the World Cup

Our problem is that we got an first time coach that proved to be terrible in preparing our squad for an major tournament. So regardless how well we do in friendlies or mini tournies like the SBC, we wouldn’t know if Vlatko learned anything until the next major tournament comes around(which will be the WC)

kolabear repped this.
  4. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but need to see some alternatives before we throw out the baby with the bathwater...I mentioned Balcer in an earlier post but you certainly follow the ladies closer than I do. Who do you suggest we replace our entire attacking unit with? The only one you didn't mention is Morgan, and we all know she is past bloom.

kolabear repped this.
  5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I note that of those on the roster for the US U20s, for CONCACAF qualifying for the upcoming U20 World Cup, only 3 were on the roster for the last U17 World Cup.

ytrs repped this.
  6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I think Trinity Rodman should be in the roster for U20.

7. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    she’s kinda busy with the Senior team.

8. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    After Germany, they need to rise to the level of Canada.

9. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Hopefully she gets many minutes playing in SBC. Back then she wasn’t on the roster until someone else got injured, hence why I figure she can at least play in U20 still. Hopefully she can impress to stay on senior team.

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Canada’s success is in large part due to their Jamaican pipeline~minus Buchanan Lawrence Prince Rose—-doubt if their even top 10
    Olivia Moultrie could both play for the u17 & u20 squads. At 16 years old now, it’s not like she’s broke any records; Pugh started at 15 for the US in the 2014 u20 World Cup, 17 when she debuted for Jill Ellis. Fleming(Canada) & Carpenter(Australia) both deputed for their respective senior NT’s at age 15.

I would think Trinity Rodman would take herself out of u20 NT contention; I mean she just signed an million dollar pro contract, so feels like too much American entitlement for me(compared that usually it’s the poorer countries like Nigeria & North Korea that try to compete better at these youth events)

11. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #161 Cliveworshipper, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    this is a red herring.

First off, all those players are from Ontario.
    Buchanan and Lawrence born in Toronto Ontario, not Jamaica. Prince was born in Ajax, Ontario. Her father was Jamaican her mother from the USA. Rose was born in Tecumseh, Ontario. They aren’t from anywhere else.
    My grandparents were born in Pomerania, the Palatinate, Poland, and Romania. I was born in Argentina and am 100% a product of the USA.

Canada and the USA are nations of immigrants. Everyone is only a generation or three away from being from somewhere else unless the are of First Nations heritage.
    The next thing youLl tell os is that Rapinoe is a product of the Italian pipeline or the Canadian pipeline, since that’s where her great grandparents emigrated to before settling in the US.

if there is any foreign pipeline over the years it’s with the USA and the exposure Canadian players get in the NCAA.a bunch of Canadian players were and are US born.

These players are more Canadian than Wendie Reynard being a product of the pipeline with Martinique , or Dzenifer Marozsan being a product of Hungary are to the countries they play for. And certainly as Canadian as Mbock-Bathy, ( Cameroon heritage) Diani(Martinique), or Baltimore (Guadeloupe) are French. European nations have never been shy about integrating foreign born players on their teams if they are good enough. The German Men’s side has a virtual United Nations of foreign born players in it history. Maybe the German’s non competitiveness in the current generation Is that the German women’s Youth pipeline isn’t inclusive.

Canada is more successful because whatever their organizational failings, they aren’t as dysfunctional as the French in their choices of managers, or the Germans, who decided they are so good they can take an American born player with Zero senior coaching experience as the head of a national team and that would somehow work out.

Canada does more with fewer assets over the last decade or so than any nation in Europe, and their success began before any of the “Jamaicans” earned spots on the roster.

blissett repped this.
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just mentioning this cuz Jamaica has the fastest female runners in the world(1-2 at the last Olympics, 100 meter dash)
    all four of those players have at least one Jamaican parent, I believe 2 of them have one American national parent, so they could of been recruited by the USWNT. One of them is actually born in the US. All in all CA has 3-4 American born players. I don’t see them doing that well at this Arnold Cup; while they got some playing currently in Europe, majority are OFF season on this side of the Atlantic. Mentioning this cuz the off season Scandinavians looked terrible in some of the other mini tourneys played yesterday(Denmark, Finland Norway crashing down to defeat). So was hoping Iceland would be more of an challenge for us(in the SBC), but probably not

13. NCChiFan

NCChiFan Member

NC Courage
    United States
    Feb 19, 2021
    Can I just say, I'm just happy to see Rodman play, hopefully at some point in the tournament, see what all the hype is about.