USWNT addopted Man Utd's style of play

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by sexysadie, Oct 14, 2003.

1. reginars

reginars New Member

Mar 14, 2001
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Wrong again! You started this thread comparing the USWNT to Man U, did you forget about that? I responded to it and extended my comments about how silly is to compare any female soccer to male soccer. As far what I kile or not, I did not know that there was a requirement for only people who like female soccer to post here. It is an open discussion board, so get used to the idea that some people don't like your beloved female soccer, and they still love soccer. And I thought you said "thread closed"!

2. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth

They're not arrogant, ....Frank Cunha is, by the way, he reminds me my math teacher.....and YOU as well.

3. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth

let me tell you this, there's nothing wrong comparing the style of play, women & men might have the same style of play only the different is probably the speed or pace of the game, get it ?!! but, as a women bashing women soccer in a women forum is just plain wrong, i don't like rugby but, i never go to their board and bashing that sport.

4. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth
    oops ! gotta go......

5. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You all arguing with a 12 yr old girl. Feel better now? :)

6. reginars

reginars New Member

Mar 14, 2001
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Haha, you are absolutely right! The whole thread that she created makes no sense at all. Better stop arguing. Mayne one day, when she grows up, she will know better :)

7. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth

I bet Mario Kempes will get upset if he knows his name has been abused by just an average people like you're

8. FormerGermanGuy

Mar 1, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a parent of 2 young girls, I shudder to think that this is what I have to look forward to. Luckily, on this board I have a good defense.

/ignore on

Too bad my own won't be so easy to adjust to.

9. Panzo

Panzo Member

Oct 3, 2003
    I think you guys are being a bit harsh on sexysadie. Let's try to respect the opinions of others even if we don't agree with them.

But also, let's remember that when Man Utd won the treble, their style of play was very dependant on speed/athleticism and precision Beckham long balls to Cole-Yorke. With guys like Scholes and Giggs in midfield, they could basically outhustle all of their opponents to the ball. But like a good German team, Bayern Munich studied them closely and found that once you stop that speed and longball with solid team organization, Man Utd was pretty much sunk.

That's pretty much why Ferguson wanted Veron at that time. He knew he needed to diversify United's offensive style in order to stay competitive in the CL. Unfortunately for him, he also foolishly got rid of Stam and so sloppy defensive errors have continued to plague them against a team like Real Madrid, who can constantly exploit them.

Anyways, what I'm saying is that there is room for comparison between US-Germany at the WWC and ManUtd-Bayern Munich in the CL some years ago. Solid team composure and tactical organization can be a brick wall to a style relying on speed, heart, and longballs. Sure Man Utd CAN play the ball on the ground, but not at the skill that Madrid can and not well enough to beat a strong German defense. But I guess C.Ronaldo is the key to changing all of that and that's why Ferguson is drooling over the kid.

10. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two words: Ignore List

11. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And neither one is in first place anymore. :)