USSoccer Insiders - Fan Council upcoming elections

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by wixson7, Oct 22, 2019.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Cross posting in a few threads, my apologies.

For those USSoccer Insider premium members, next month you will have a chance to put your name in the hat to sit on the Fan Council. (Snark comments aside given everyone’s love for USSoccer right now.....)

As an inaugural member of the Fan Council (and not running for a 2nd term), I would be happy to share insight for those considering nomination for the 2 year term. Send me a private note. It’s been a great experience, massive access to some cool USSF events, and ideally making improvements in engagement with the Insiders membership program.

I’ve learned a ton about the organization (both good and bad) and have sincerely enjoyed most everything about the past 2 years.

Ping me with any questions.

2. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you get the board and the coach to resign?

Sincerely,

The few US fans who remain.

gunnerfan7 and dams repped this.
  3. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I've got a few. Feel free to PM me instead, or not answer, whatever's comfortable.

What's your soccer background? Are you just a big fan, a booster, coach, etc?

What sort of power does the Fan Council have? Why does it exist?

Did you apply, as if it were a job? Do you get the sense that it's a coveted position?

Did you pay your own way to go to events?

Do you also need to live in Chicago now? ;)

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Heads up to the Insider members (Premium level and higher) email went out yesterday.

USSoccer Fan Council nominations are open today with a deadline this Friday.

5. Matthew Dressler

Matthew Dressler New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Feb 18, 2020
    Was the email sent by US Soccer? I did not receive an email as to when and where to vote. I have tried contacting US Soccer to no result.

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    im sorry about all this but it has been brutal to be apart of. The 3 new FC members have been notified last week, but as normal, USSF has been extremely slow in announcing it. It’s been 2 months and I’ve been begging them to get this info out. I have to be mum on the results, sorry.

It’s part of the reason why I didn’t put my name in the hat for another term on the FC, lack of ability to communicate to the Insider membership. Super frustrating to be honest.

Next round of voting will be in 2 years.

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    @Matthew Dressler Sorry I misread your question. Are you an Insider member? Only Insider premium and above members were eligible to be nominated. Assuming that is the issue, The nomination emails and ballots went out in November.

8. Matthew Dressler

Manchester United
    United States
    Feb 18, 2020
    I am an Insider Member and I applied to be on the council. I went through the background check process and passed. That is the last that I heard from US Soccer regarding council elections. I tweeted at US Soccer Com's to ask when the voting would take place. That was in January, they informed me that voting took place already. I told them I was not notified about when voting took place and so on. I have not heard anything back from that twitter handle. I have emailed, called, sent a message through the website and I have got no communication back.

wixson7 repped this.
  9. Matthew Dressler

Manchester United
    United States
    Feb 18, 2020
    I am a premium family member. I am not so worried about not being named to the council. I figured my chances were slim. I am more upset at the fact that I didn't get to vote. Also the lack of communication.

jnielsen and DHC1 repped this.
  10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder

I see your frustration and raise you by double. Being on the Fan Council was cool but so frustrating due to limitations of our ability to comm to the Insider members. Blocked at every turn. Uggh.

Ok, public rant aside. Hopefully the 3 new members will bring a new perspective and maybe new culture in Chicago will help.

The 1 male and 2 females will be announced in a few weeks, is my guess. We have transition meeting later this week with incoming/outgoing members. Godspeed to the new council members.

And side note, the 3 newbies were told about a week before AGM. 2 months after the vote and a week to get to Nashville.

jnielsen repped this.
  11. Matthew Dressler

Manchester United
    United States
    Feb 18, 2020
    That does sound very frustrating. I don't understand why US Soccer would not want lines of communication to be as open as they could be? In a way the council represent it's members. My fear is that if I were named to the council that I would've been given very little notice to get to Nashville as well. I watched the General Council meeting on YouTube Saturday night. I guess it doesn't surprise me that people feel like they're not heard. I happen to know the president of Michigan (where I am from) State Youth Soccer. Don't mind the name-ish drop. I will have to ask him his thoughts on the transparency and communication from the Federation to the state level. This sure has been an eye opening experience. I am not going to give up though.

jnielsen repped this.