USSN Can get tickets?

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by DestroyerDaMarc, Dec 31, 2005.

1. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I was reading that you need a number that nationally recognized you as a citizen there. I was curious to know if the USSN could work as I did apply for a passport but I don't know if it will come in time. SO just as in a plan B could a Social Securiry number work?

2. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Why would FIFA accept a US identification number? Highly unlikely.

Passports don't take that long to arrive, and you can always pay for the expedited service. I think that only takes two weeks or something like that.

The passport issue has been discussed at length already on this board. If this thread deteriorates into that again, it'll be closed. I'll let it stand for now.

3. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We already sent in our passports and I didn't get mine expedited. Plus a SSN tells Fifa my address,age,sex,location and past felonies. (Thankfully I have none.)

4. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    when I submitted my order in phase II of the Fifa ticket sale I used my SSN for ID.

having my order accepted, I have since obtained a passport, and was able to update my customer service account with Fifa to change the SSN number to my passport number at no charge.

5. DiscoWarrior11

Dec 27, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto on that. I had to do that with two of my friends as well. Oddly enough, your passport # and SSN have the same number of digits.