USSF Asks Fans To Wear Red Versus Mexico

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by ryebreadraz, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the forecast showing higher temps than expected, a sweatshirt could be enough to keep warm if you're layered underneath so it's much more do-able. I know I'll be there in red and it would be cool if everyone else did too, not just those in SA/AO. Hopefully USSF puts this in Columbus newspapers so all the locals know and can turn more of the stadium red.

2. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I really want to rock my U.S. jersey but since it'll be cold I'll probably bring a red sweater or something.

3. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the odds of this happening are 1/1,000,000, but how cool would it be if the fans showed up in red and when the team came out of the tunnel, they were wearing new red kits?

4. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How cool would it be if NIKE ever listened to what fans have been clamoring for the last decade and actually made a red kit?!!!!!!!! Pretty cheeky of a couple outfits who've turned a deaf ear to almost everything fans have been asking for for a long while. Here's a clue USSF and NIKE, market a freaking red kit!

5. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    I'm going to wear my official USSF/Nike Red jersey!!! Oh wait....fug off Nike.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I'll be wearing 1776 colonial blue.

7. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Someone always has to be the black sheep

8. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP

I'll be sporting a blue AO shirt, a red Umbro USA jacket, a USA flag bandana/face scarf, a blue and white US Soccer hat and a red USA scarf. Oh, and I'll be sportin' somethin' else if you get my drift!:eek: :D

9. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a reason I hold on to that red '98 jersey...:D

10. wgoood2

wgoood2 New Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Strong Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm wearing my green winter coat. unless nike and us soccer is going to pay my doctor bills if i get the flu.

11. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    word.

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Layers people. Outer layer=red

13. ussoccer_fan

ussoccer_fan New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <<~~This what i wear to every U.S game. My Blue jersey bandana face scarf and my flag!

14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Well people who are stuck in their ways IS the American way.

15. ussoccer_fan

ussoccer_fan New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOD bless the American way!!!

16. othakidfrmaltalomahs

Jan 25, 2008
    RC/ALTA LOMA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought a red jacket just in case...and looks like it will be of use...anyways...any footwear suggestions?

17. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Great jersey, horrible results! Will be wearing it still though. Worn it to a bunch of games the US has won since 98, so it can't be bad luck...

18. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I emailed the USSF to rant about their ridiculousness in asking people to wear red when they've spent so long ignoring fans requests for a red kit.

19. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one, would be interested what, if anything, they said in reply...

20. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I hear back, I'll pass along their response.

21. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I'll wear my vintage 2001 away red kit. Plus my red Land's End down vest, plus my red polar fleece, plus my red wind breaker, plus my red knit sweater. I'll bring my red rain poncho, just in case.

22. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a longsleeve '96 red jersey that I absolutely love, with McBride on the back in '06 WC font (since the '96 red jersey is similar to the '06 blue jersey). It's by far my favorite jersey, it made its debut against Cuba and I will be sporting it on Wednesday in Columbus!

While I'm a guy that thinks we should embrace all the colors of the flag--red, white AND blue--I can appreciate everyone wearing the same color as well. I just hope we also have blueouts and whiteouts for future games as well!

23. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    The weather forecast calls for showers....a red rain poncho is pretty cheap, and can be worn over whatever. (I'm just thrilled that it appears our eyelashes will not be adorned with icicles!)

Since both Sam's Army and American Outlaws coordinate with US Soccer, here's hoping they both lead the way in a unified "wear red" campaign. My personal opinion -- wearing some version of the flag, or the flag itself, doesn't detract from the sea of red.

Yes, I'll be there, and yes, I'll be wearing layers of red to be prepared for whatever the weather does. I'd like to see a red kit too, but it's not a prerequisite to my cooperation with US Soccer's request.

24. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Sam's Army has been red all along. Outlaws have both red and blue and have already put out the message of going with red for this match. They are only selling the red shirts before the game.

25. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States