USOC vs. dirty evil houston

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Manck, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    Just so the great Battery fans know, there will be at least one Dallas fan at the USOC game vs Houston to support the Battery in their battle versus the evil, dirty bad creamsicles.

The last time I was at Blackbaud was for the USOC CHS-FCD match last year, and I haven't made it back because of my work/paycheck schedule.

VAMOS BATTERY! DESTROY!

(Yeah, I'm drunk. I might make a better post tomorrow...or not.):D

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Manck, well be in section E10 feel free to join our baiting, ribbing, and general merrymaking,

It will be a tough match, Houston always has a tough team, The Battery will rise up though. Charleston played them well in the preseason and were only together for a couple weeks at that point.

3. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if the east stands will be open for this one?

We seem to be hitting Houston at the wrong time, they've logged 5 straight shutouts and our offense is sputtering right now. Plus, one of the advantages the lower leagues usually have is the MLS teams don't know us. But since we played Houston in the CCC, that's gone now too. We better come loaded for bear or we're going to get hammered. I, for one, will do my part and come loaded and get hammered.....

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Battery is advertising East stand bleacher for sell so I would think that would means E10 is open.

5. TheHun

TheHun Member

May 5, 2005
    All I have to say is Charleston better have fans coming out of the woodwork.

I'm going to drive 6 hours to see the Battery play against Houston. If the Dynamo field a reserve side, they deserve a drubbing.

But the last few times I've been to Blackbaud, its been a few hundred people at the most ... as many as 25-50 of them being visiting fans.

Why can't the Battery fill that accomodating stadium ?

I would love to live in a town with such a good stadium, club and regular football against both domestic and exhibition teams.

It might be good to place a few cannons inside the stadium to alert the city each time a goal is scored !

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know we've discussed the attendence before but If I knew the anwser, I would be taking Nigel Cooper's place next season when he leaves for Argentina.

We have a couple good size crowds this year, the ATL crowd in June was a capacity crowd and the largest we have ever had at Blackbaud

But I doubt we have that great of a crowd tomorrow night. Combine a Tuesday night, short run up on ticket sales, and the weather looking like rain. the biggest negative factor might be the fact that we drew Houston in this round. Houston has played three games here in Charlesotn already this year. The novelty that might have brought out the casual fan of seeing Ching and DeRo is pretty much gone. We've seen them. I hope Im wrong and I have had quite a few people at work asking me about tickets but if we hit 3000 I would say the Battery would consider that a great success (remember al money form these matches is extra money to the Battery, the majority of the outgoing budget, players salaries and obviously there is not stadium rental, is already set for the season)

But come on By E10 and introduce yourself, even if you are routing for Houston. I got a fresh shippment on Charleston scarves in the mail today Ill be happy to give you one since you are making the trip down.

7. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon Battery, your club can beat these piece of *******, ***** from Houston and then ******* to their *******. And then find their mom and ****** in the *******!

You have my support. :D

8. mass922

mass922 New Member

May 9, 2007
    Dallas/Lubbock
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we're pulling for ya, battery. :)

9. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How incredibly pathetic. FCD fans resorting to this ..... I don't think they realize that the Dynamo and the Battery are actually friendly foes. We respect the Battery. They have some class. We play in their tournament every preseason. Poor battery supporters are now sullied by classless new found friends. Don't worry -- they will slink back behind their rocks. :rolleyes:

This might be an opportunity for the Battery. The Dynamo just played Thursday and Sunday (something about networks actually wanting to show our games, unlike FCD), and have to play again Thursday again on primetime national TV. So we can't play our best team. Your going to get a reserve laden team.

Good luck Battery. If you get past the Dynamo know that the ATL Silverbacks just took FCD's best 11 to penalty kicks in Dallas. So you can handle them.

10. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhhhh, I love the smell of napalm and spittle in the morning....:D

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    Any pregame tailgating going on tonight? I'll be leaving Newberry around 3-3:15.

13. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know the answer to that If I were to be in the vicinity.

14. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Battery must represent! We'll be watching from the friendly confines of stadium casa w/ Lonestar beer on hand rooting you effers on! Destroy the dynahoes!!!! and make Manck feel at home as I'm sure you always have. I still have fond memories of last year's USOC... and ea. and every time my beloved MLS side attempts to broadcast a match in the internets... and more than 10 supporters log in....

15. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No big blow outs. In fact, I have a hard time getting ther much before Kick off myself with my current work schedule.

Sorry but if your looking for a prematch brew or whiskey i understand there is a new Irish pub that opened up on Daniel Island that is close (couldn't find a website for hte pub but here is a review http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:28732

Of course you could always go to the prematch in the Three Lions if you spring for a pub pass. dont for get to stop by E10 for your scarf...

16. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yes Battery need to go all out on this one, no mersy. Just remember you have two more games this weekend dont get to tired LOL

17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought our boys were going to PR for a vacation? ;)

Honestly I think if you gave our club the choice between the USOC and the wins in PR, we'd go with the USOC. the
    Back to back in PR will be tough but, barring any injuries, I dont think tonights match will weigh much into the matches later this week.

Plus it look like we will have a new striker by then :D TnT's international Andre Toussaint should be cleared to play soon!!!

mikey

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good Luck tonight guys. Beat Houston!

19. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    I'll be leaving the office pretty soon. Stopping in Columbia to pick up some Shiner Bock and other beer for my own personal tailgate.

Mikey, I think we might have met before, as I've been to two Battery matches last summer (fireworks night and the FCD USOC match). Hopefully I'll be able to Three Lions it up again tonight.

Anyways, I'll be the one with the Dallas stuff near the E gate with Texas tags. Hopefully some people will stop by for a beer before the match starts.

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Im going to try and get there abit early. I think I do remember you you sat with El Jefe right? My misses is working and I have all the kids so we'll see how that works out.

By the way the have Shinerbock at the local Publix I think they probably have it at the one by the stadium on Daniel Island as well.

21. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats.

22. Marquez

Marquez Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Houston
    Congrats guys. Now be sure to beat the crap out of Dallas.

23. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Well done, and played entertaining stuff too.

24. .César.

.César. Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston
    Congrats Charleston! Now go on and show FU Dallas what an Assault & Battery looks like before going on to win the USOC!

25. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the win Charleston, I was pulling for you guys through the whole match.

But, now I have to hate you guys for a while. :D

Good luck until then.