USOC Semi-Final Post Game Thread {R}

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by wcharriscpa, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As soon as they have a SSS and an owner, I'm sure they will be at the head of the line.

Catch me over a beer after a game and I'll be happy to walk you through the reasons why without a SSS and an owner, MLS would be idiotic to put a team anywhere, including Seattle.

2. fcd_noob

fcd_noob New Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Plano
    Well, I'm not sure that the Sounders could "just" migrate to MLS from USL. I heard somewhere that if Seattle ever does get an MLS franchise, the Sounders would be DOA. Something about the market only being able to support one league but not both.

Thus, it is clear that the SSS would be the Bill Gates center, and the team would be the Barbarians. No idea why.

The Seattle half-caf venti mocha almond half with milk and half with foam to go?

The Seattle Rain?

The Seattle Grunge?

The Seattle "Close enough to Vancouver"?

3. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Generally, at the USL1 level or MLS level, you really only have enough for one core fanbase and one team or the other is going to win that. You had a similar thing in Dallas with the Sidekicks and Burn.

4. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the commentators have a problem with diving and extreme time wasting tactics.

Just had to touch on this - anyone who listened to the broadcast knows that there is commenting on time wasting and then there is the kinds of histrionics that pbp guy went through. There may have been some time wasting, but I've seen the Italians waste time in the World Cup and what we saw last night was nowhere near as bad as the commentators made it sound.

5. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they were quite the homers.

I loved it.

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What made me crazy is the automatic assumption by the announcers that the guys might be time wasting and might not be legitimately banged up.

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Bla bla bla....our boys were doing the "gamesmanship" thing....plain as day. So what? The Seattle Anti-FreeTraders would have done the same thing given the chance.

8. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was frustrating was when it was obviously NOT gamesmanship and they still were crying as if someone stole their baby.

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Ehhh....in their defense, it was hard to tell the difference since the boys really were milking every minute. Again, the Flounders would have done the same, I really don't care. We win, they lose.......thems the breaks.

10. gotyourback

gotyourback Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Aurora/Arlington
    Not that coaches and players would want to conserve energy for upcoming games after busier OC additional games...

I mean; why bring rationality into the mix?..

:rolleyes:

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    this works, rolls right off the tongue.

12. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Oh sure... But please note in my original copy of his post, I mention that the reason I posted it was because of his take on FCD's offense, which I happen to think is spot on.

Sure the other stuff was all biased and over the top, but i think his observation that Dallas' attack "...seemingly no point to their play" is not an unfair thing to say.

13. nutella

nutella Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Plateau
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard last night was the debut for our new defender Serrow and our recent on loan Lokomotiv Moscow aquisition Pitchkolov, also we signed liked four more Denilson, a few of whom look like Thompson and Ruiz. Is that right?

14. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Denilson + Toja = A fun and funky mojo that will only get better the more they play together.

15. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not to mention the color commentator dude sounded exactly like Norm McDonald.

still, the online stream was great. and I kinda enjoyed the commentary because it was so entertaining.

16. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuel = good times

The shot of Crown didn't hit me until we started walking to get our stuff to head in the stadium. :)

ECS brings it during the game. Good stuff.

My view of the crowd outside of the ECS section: Generally quiet most the game unless PA folks got them into it. Until, that is, the second half of extra time. The joint was rocking.

:)

Side note: as a pointy ball stadium, Quest is pretty damn cool!

17. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both the Times and the PI had great coverage of the game last night. I bought copies at the airport. I'll bring them to the game on Saturday for peeps to see. But they are mine for keeps.

:p

18. WarrenAbao

WarrenAbao New Member

Jul 7, 1999
    Grand Prairie, Tex.
    The "pass the captain's armband around confusedly since we don't know who'll be the new captain once he got subbed off" time-wasting technique was one I hadn't seen before. I LOLed at that.

19. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was captain's armband hot potato........:p

20. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who ended up getting it? I remember Okulaja getting mad with Ruiz for that, but I don't think I ever knew the outcome.

21. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed who actually ended up with the armband.

But it was funny that Carlos got yellow carded for catching a ball that was flying out of bounds over the FCD bench and tossing it right to the Seattle player who was going to take the throw.

22. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This clip still cracks me up even over a week later...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

23. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  24. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    In that second pic, Goodson left the game at halftime with a concussion.

Pretty classy to make light of that....

As for the first one, the guy went in and caught Sala studs up with about 10 minutes to go in overtime. If you think most players are going to pop up straight away and not try and milk the clock a bit then I've got some magic beans I want to sell ya.

25. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering your announcers' indignant whining, you might want to consider sending your prayers out to them instead.

I, for one, hope they recover soon.