USOC game report??

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by LordRobin, Jun 17, 2009.

1. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know the Stars' 2nd-round USOC match was going to be on USL Live and I missed it. All I know is the final scoreline which, while disappointing, seems to imply that Cleveland is getting its act together. After all, they had the lead for much of the second half, and took Rochester all the way through 23 minutes of extra time before the Rhinos broke the tie. And all this at their opponents' field. I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't have been different if the game had been held in Bedford.

So did anyone watch the game who can say how the team looked?

(And now 3 home games in six days. This will separate the fans from the boys. I plan to be there Thursday. Don't know about Saturday.)

------RM

2. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't make any of the home games until next Saturday. Damn LSAT prep course.

I didn't see the game yesterday either, but from what I've read, we looked pretty good and should have had a second. Apparently Vallow made a great save on Boateng from 15 yards.

3. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we were decent. If we hadn't have gone a man down late in regulation we probably would have pulled it off. Oh, and the officiating was horrible. You can watch the replay if you like. Stewart got a yellow for diving when it should have been a yellow for the tackle. Clearly seen on the replay, and that was only one call.

I'm more upset about yesterday.

Really, the refs are ruining it for me this year. Almost so much so that I don't want to watch. It seems like they were better in the USL2, but it's the same pool isn't it? Aren't they all local guys?

4. budfrog532

budfrog532 New Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    The crazy thing about that yellow is that the play happened no more than 10 feet away from the linesman and the center ref did not consult with the linesman before pulling the yellow for diving --- don't understand decisions like that. You have the option to consult the linesman for what he saw from the opposite angle in that case.