USOC Finals tickets

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by supermetros, Oct 2, 2003.

1. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the chance of the Metros rewarding current season ticket holders? Assuming no, when do they go on sale? How much? Need details to invite people. Any info would help.

2. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Metro web site said that they'd have information this evening.

3. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Aren't subscribers supposed to get tix to ANY Metro game at GS as part of their package?

Their promo indicates we do. We got to see China.

4. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I received a reply call from Metro on this; they are just getting started on the logistics of tickets after getting the news last night that the final would be at the Swamp.

Ticket prices will reflect what USSF wants, but I was told Metro Members would recive free ticket(s) or information on how to get the tix by redeeming a voucher or sending in a form. We should receive information asap.

I believe the ESC101 setup will be respected; I know have at least 4 additional tickets to buy for this match. I hope ticket prices will not exceed what we are familiar with this season, but this is a USSF show, so who knows? I would think it behooves all concerned to make this an attractive event, including reasonably priced tickets.

5. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

maybe if the prices are high people will think this must be important, and actualy show up, mostly refereing to those who filled up GS for the Man U game

6. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    I thought so too but metrostars.com says the following:

Same seat to EVERY MetroStars game played at Giants Stadium (includes MLS regular season, playoffs and international friendlies).

Nothing about USOC matches. I'll buy tickets for it but, obviously, it would be nice to comp us season ticket holders.

7. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    I could see them sending out a form with a voucher for the tickets you're entitled to plus any extras you might want. I think they've done that in the past. However, is there enough turn-around time to do it that way?

8. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I've been blamed for some pretty bad logic at times, but this one absolutely vindicates me.

9. nymetrostars2002

nymetrostars2002 New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    bronx ny
  10. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Now it says:
    Yesterday it said to expect details on Thursday night.

Insert 30- 60 day joke here.

11. supermetros

supermetros New Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I started the thread to begin with. Hoping someone "in the real know" might have more info than the crappy Metros site.

12. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Damn the USSF or whoever is organizing this event for making us wait.

I say we just start sending in money and we can worry about making up the difference, either way, later.

What do you think?

13. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

So who's sleeping in front of the arena tonight?

14. MonmouthMetroFan

MonmouthMetroFan New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Long Branch, NJ
    Is Sec. 101 gonna be reserved for the ESC for the Open Cup Final?

15. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Bigfoot - So who's sleeping in front of the arena tonight?"

You're sleeping with Bruce Arena? When?

Sorry - couldn't resist

16. Speedball

Speedball Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Harrison Stadium
    I'm going to the Devils/Rangers game tonight. Depends on how much I drink as to where I will be sleeping tonight.

17. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Assuming it's not a typo on the USSF site, I've never seen a sporting event that charges the same price for a ticket, regardless of what section it is.

You can forget about drawing 20K for this match. $25 isn't a big deal for people like "us" who follow the team daily, but to draw newbies, the "casual" fan or youngsters, you need to have a minimum ticket priced below $20.

Shame on the USSF!

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    No you don;t understand..... the higher the ticket price, the more worthwhile event people will think it is... and then they will want to go to the event because the tickets cost more $$.... I read this in a BS thread so therefore it has to be true!!!

19. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    You think thousands of people are going to stay away because there's no $18 tickets for this one?

20. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    It's not a big deal for die-hards like me and you. But for a family of 3 and 4, it will affect their decision.

21. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

You've been listening to soccerfan way too much.

22. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Sounds arbitrary to me. Seven bucks more never killed anybody, but even if it did, newbies don't know it's seven bucks more. Once you get them to the swamp, I doubt they'll turn around.

23. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Just spoke to my ticket rep. Tickets are included in our season ticket package and will likely be mailed by Tuesday of next week. MetroMembers can purchase additional seats for $20 each directly via your rep. That's your best option.

Tuck Ficketmaster.
    Up the Metro!