USOC Final (Post Game) {R}

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by SirFozzie, Oct 3, 2007.

1. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Sounds like a blast, much more raucous and alcohol-filled than the Tyng's bunch:D

I've got to make it to Boston one of these days for an away game.

3. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, never happened. One Car Bomb, and a few Jaeger bombs (to toast one of the last 2 teams to not have won anything), and something else someone bought me ... and a Guinness or 8. And I was fine on an hour's sleep. OK ... tired, but fine.
    Great pics. Again, thanks for the hospitality. We were indeed invited to go to the team party, but I think all of us were of the same mind, we'd rather celebrate this one with friends (which included quite a few Inferno). To me, that was a much better time. I believe the Revs had to fly out at 6am anyway, so that party didn't last as long as ours did. ;)

4. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    How many trophies have we won?
    This one, this one
    This f***ing one.
    This f***ing one, this f***ing one,

This f***ing one!

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    That "Condoms to Go" pic reminds me of when I saw a "Condom World" in one of the nastiest parts of old San Juan in Puerto Rico.

Those pics made me regret even more not returning to Texas and seeing my Revs win a cup:(

Houston/Dallas road trip next year?:D

7. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, if they weren't "to go" it would be a very different sort of establishment! :eek:

8. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Re: Live at the Phoenix Landing

Great audio. We actually sounded GREAT and like a legit football crowd! I think that's me who screams "GOD DAMN IT!" right before the whistle blows. Sounds like me and my high pitched panic scream! Someday I'll have to post my soundbite from the US vs. Italy '06 WC game I sound like Ray Hudson in a12yr old girl's body screaming at nothing.....pretty embarassing...

9. chillum

chillum Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Glasgow
    Nice one boys and gals!

Good to hear an Ayr United old boy coached your team to some silverware.

I've only ever been to see the Revs once.

I managed to convince a Scottish lad I met in a backpacking hostel to go to Foxborough to see New England against Ajax in a Friendly back in 1999.

Managed to get out there via the train and convincing a guy to take pity on us and give us a ride to the stadium.

Game was interesting and was good to see a game of footie in amongst all the baseball and gridiron nuts out there!

When we left the stadium we didn't have a clue how to get back to Boston! Luckily some lady (with Boston Bulldog window stickers) took pity on us and gave us a lift to the Riverside MTA stop!

Still follow the team over the internet.

Hope you boys can cap it off with winning the MLS cup.

Later!

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Great photos Monty, and man... I get goosebumps listening to that audio; great job Lynch'ie in getting those audio samples! Can't wait to see Megan's photos when those are available as well.

I don't know if anyone got video from The Phoenix, but it probably would have shown people nearly tackling one another with hugs, jumping up and down... it was ridiculous.

Unbelieveable....

11. RevsGirl87

RevsGirl87 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Somerville