USOC Final - DC United Edition - [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Red&Black, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    :D:D

2. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Actually, as I recall....Payne actually met with Sarachan and DS withdrew from the search. To argue that Sarachan could have been the DCU coach means either that (a) DCU and Payne would have been amenable to him running the team while he focused on the WC (which I'm not sure ARENA would have liked) or (b) that we fire Hudson after last season and hire Sarachan then.

3. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My man, you have to read the posts more carefully. I'm AGREEING with you in my post. I was saying that people who point to Mathis and the streak of "if Mathis scores, then the Metros win ...... so that proves that Mathis is the man" ........ that THOSE people are using a misleading statistic, because what happens when Mathis DOESN'T score, which is going to be MOST games!!!! In those games, the team almost always is going to lose because he isn't playing team ball to make the rest of his guys better. So I'm agreeing that YOUR stat is much more telling than that OTHER stat. Its all good. I guess my post could be a little confusing in how it was worded.

4. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Maybe they will trade Mathis after this season.

I wonder what they would ask for him.