USOC Final - DC United Edition - [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Red&Black, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    USOC Final (r?)

man it just sucks balls to know how close we got to this final. it hurts to watch this.

i spent the whole pre-game cursing the metroscum and that bag of pus bradley and screaming and then a few minutes into the game i finally had the presence of mind to recall i hate the *#*#*#*#ing fire too!

so i sat on my couch chanting "spree killing, spree killing" hoping for some sort of atrocity that wipes out large numbers of both teams!

2. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Dude, thanks for the head's up (i think). I got to boo the Yankees tonight now I'll make the exacta and boo the Scum too.

3. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Poor Metrostars. :D

Chicago goal by Damani Ralph.

1-0 Chicago.

4. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    I actually like the Fire. And if there's any team I'd rather see in the final than us, it's them. That they're beating the crap out of the Scum is icing on the cake.

5. Serie Zed

Serie Zed Member

Jul 14, 2000
    Arlington
    Man, it's not even close. Go Fire!

Ten years from now I'm hoping the inbred ingrates are still staring at the Atlantic Cup and wondering what it would be like to win a real trophy.

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Vicky changed the channel to a poker tourney. Can you all post a little pbp. just the highlites. thanks.

Like R&B I too hate both clubs. I just wanna keep the song the same for the Scum.....How many trophys have you won, Metros Metros.

God I love singing that!!

7. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    How sweet will it be if the Metros build a trophy cabinet to hold there one trophy, the Atlantic Cup. ;)

I like the Fire also, so I'd be quite happy with them winning some more hardware. But there's still a lot of time left.

-Digital

8. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    At least the lesser of the two evils took it.

9. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    The best part was watching Fatty Fatty Toad Boy White Shoes get subbed out.

10. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the best thing the Metros could do is to wave goodbye to Mathis. the dude is a cancer on that team. Did you see him cursing out Edgar (of his own team) midway through the 2nd half? just a fool!

11. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    No I didn't, but I'd love to see a video of the match!

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just like they used to say in 'ol Mexico City.....

AMF

See ya Mutts :D

13. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, a few minutes after they gave up the goal, the ball goes out on the sideline. Mathis turns to Edgar and starts screaming and flailing his arms at him. This guy HAS TO be hated by his teammates. he is a cancer and I TRULY hope not to see him on the national team much more in the future. all game he was cursing at the ref, and that's the reason he got his yellow. enough of his antics already!

14. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Yeah, I caught that, too. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets benched for the next game.

Attendance: 5,183.

15. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Final, Chicago 1-0.

Poor Metrostars. :D

I hope DC United gets to play the Metrostars in the first round of the playoffs. The first round playoff matchup between the two teams back in 1996 is still one of my favorite MLS playoff series.

16. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    No, he got the yellow because he booted the ball across the goal line after being called for offsides 40 yards out.

17. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well, once again the Metros continue their streak. I don't actually hate Chicago--Peter Wilt is a class act and we all know Dave Sarachan is a good guy. One other thought--attendance would have been so much better if the match had been at Soldier Field--to move it to the Swamp was just insane (and yes, I know all the arguments about FSW, TV commitments, airtime, etc.).

18. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    :D

19. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Hmmm, let's see. Bradley leaves Chicago after the team gets very top-heavy salary-wise to go back home to the bigger market New York area team that gets every advantage that MLS HQ can give it. Then, the guy who lived in Fairfax, Virginia and attended every DC United game (Dave Sarachan) became available--as we knew he would when we fired Rongen--after the World Cup, and he takes over Chicago.

So far, with his salary-cap-strapped team Sarachan has managed to clinch the best record in the East--the Metros division--and beat Bradley in the Open Cup final.

I wonder whether Bradley is at all second-guessing his decision to return home?

Congrats Metros ... you still have the Atlantic Cup.

-Digital

20. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Congratulations to Sarachan.

21. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    :rolleyes: We did better for an open practice.

22. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is that right? ok, all i saw was him yell at the official and then the card come. thanks for telling me. but it is still the same argument. kicking the ball downfield ........ just immature. this guy was supposed to be a leader on the NATS and he is resorting to such ridiculous behavior. cursing at teammates, constantly cursing refs, kicking the ball downfield after whistles in protest. i've had enough of his constant hissy fits.

23. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nope, they claim an Eastern conference regular season title from a few seasons ago as their first title. Pretty sad huh?

24. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahah! Oh hahahah!!!

phew! what a night!