USMNT Transfer Watch - Movers and Shakers

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Eleven Bravo, Jan 11, 2021.

1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want Napoli to happen so bad. They won’t whip the pizza out of him, but they’ll sure as hell whip the ranch out of him . Half the battle right there

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

juveeer, SoccerFanInIA and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  3. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cry me a river

4. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Premier League teams are trying to avoid Serie A spending limits? Maybe they should focus on PSR.

5. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .........MLS is going to look increasingly appealing, minus a few golden gooses like PSG, Bayern Munich, Monaco, Real Madrid.

6. Ghost

Ghost BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 5, 2001
    It would be funny if we had a player on PSG and a player on Inter Milan, and neither one was a USMNT starter, and one of them wasn't even in the 23.

7. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tessmann may have been on this roster if not for the Olympics.

porkrind and TrueCrew repped this.
  8. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Shows how crazy our coach is.

When we play a real team like Uruguay you will see the exact same chaotic midfield

juveeer repped this.
  9. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re treating late June transfer rumors as a good way to evaluate player quality. I don’t agree.

gogorath, TrueCrew, jaykoz3 and 3 others repped this.
  10. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Dateline July 1, 2035, New York Times: AppleGoogle, Inc. today agreed to pay $17 trillion for the exclusive worldwide streaming rights to the new SDL Football League. The new league will consist of the following 8 clubs: Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, PSG, Juventus, LAFC, InterMiami, and Wrexham.

The first 5 of those clubs, all based in Europe, were among the 12 teams that joined the SuperLeague in 2028. The impetus for leaving SuperLeague and joining the SDL was apparently financial. SDL stands for “SuperDuperLeague,” and its matches will be held in 80,000+ seat stadiums across Europe, Asia, Oceania and North America. Only 20% of the matches will involve a home team.

The season kicks off August 16 when ManU faces LAFC at the new 110,000 seat Petronas Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Tickets sold out within one hour of going on sale. The first North American match will be at Daryl K. Royal Stadium in Austin, Texas. The SDL has agreed to fund new turf at DKR because, in the words of SDL Commissioner David Beckham, “Americans don’t understand grass.”

“We realized that by limiting the new league to 8 marquis teams, and playing each other over and over in massive stadiums across the world, we could not only afford to buy our own fleet of kitted-out Airbus 380s for team travel. We could also make enough money to give back to the community,” said Beckham. When asked “What community?” Beckham replied, “You know, the community.”

11. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's quite the comedown for Manchester United and Juventus to be relegated to the English 12th tier South Devon League.

Kirium and juveeer repped this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 5, 2001
    I don't know about that. I just think it would be funny.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    OK.

Will do.

Inconvenient facts I know are hard to digest. Much easier to go with the narrative.

usnroach repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    FFP, not Serie A limits. And plusvalenza deals are questionable everywhere.

Somehow only 1 club had been docked for it until they went after Everton and Forest this spring.

And still Man City, PSG and Inter, who defaulted on 400 million of loans and were foreclosed on, skate on.

15. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    Our fanbase is hilarious.

Dare I even ask who is supposed to be rumored with PSG?

Tanner Tessman might get bought by Inter Milan but he ain't going to be on Inter.

porkrind, gomichigan24 and ifsteve repped this.
  16. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Premier League spending limits are called PSR. Not to be confused with UEFA FFP.

gomichigan24 and rgli13 repped this.
  17. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There a decently credible report that PSG is one of a number of clubs that are asking about Cardoso (though no actual offers yet).

18. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How credible is this account?

Does PSG even buy $20M rated players? That’s not usually the kind of store they shop at.

19. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The original source is someone who covers Real Betis. But I said semi credible since it’s not Tom Bogert or Fabrizio Romano.

And to be clear interest can mean a lot of things. Clubs are interested in lots of players they don’t ultimately put offers in for.

And yes PSG regularly buys players in that price range.

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also where tf are Galatasaray getting 18 million euros from they’re in obscene amounts of debt

21. gogorath

gogorath Member+

None
    United States
    May 12, 2019
    He's not playing at PSG right now. Just like Tessman is nowhere near ready for Inter.

Interest is not buying, and buying is not necessarily anything more than asset accumulation.

gomichigan24 repped this.
  22. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely agree and it’s less about what club may own your rights and more about where are you actually getting regular playing time.

Torino for instance would be a much better move for Tessmann as he’d be playing for the same coach as Venezia so he’d be getting lots of playing time presumably and for a team they won’t be battle relegation.

Pegasus, OWN(yewu)ED and gogorath repped this.
  23. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bogert talks about the McKennie rumors a bit here

Says there is some substance to the chatter, but notes that FC Dallas holds his rights and Cincinnati would have to figure out something there and also they’d have to make McKennie one of the highest paid players in the league.

Also says no visit to Cincinnati occurred the day prior to the Bolivia game but not clear on if it occurred at any point during camp.

24. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Have heard the Cincy guys talked with Wes after Brazil but nothing about a visit.

gomichigan24 and Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  25. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Feels a little bit like an agent pushing a story to generate interest. Maybe I’m wrong. I think between Wes, CP and Tyler there could be big money to come back to MLS after 2026. Clubs may be laying the groundwork. I bet CP goes to Miami eventually.

Paul Berry repped this.