USMNT Transfer Watch - Movers and Shakers

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Eleven Bravo, Jan 11, 2021.

1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2526 OWN(yewu)ED, Jun 17, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    Wes playin hard ball for paper , business is business I guess

looking his side of business , feels kinda smart because he knows he’s the last piece of the puzzle and this doesn’t happen without.. I’d do same. I never ever question a man who is posturing for his paycheck. NFL MLB and NBA the same. You gotta look out for you

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    https://football-italia.net/why-no-mckennie-agreement-in-douglas-luiz-deal/

3. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Yea Wes has all the leverage he’s right to squeeze them. It may be his last big contract or second to last.

OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  4. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exactly this. It’s harsh from a market standpoint, but from the personal standpoint I get it completely. He’s not in the wrong here, and he has the power. Reminds me of Randall Cobb situation his first contract with Green Bay. Took a minute, but Cobb got Jordy Nelson money. He’s done excellent negotiating for himself since. He got paid at cowboys , Texans, snd jets well above market value. Low key the example to shoot for

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  6. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup…….its a tough balance. I feel Weston will get this done within a week

tomásbernal repped this.
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Winoman repped this.
  8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    TrueCrew repped this.
  9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Winoman and TrueCrew repped this.
  10. gomichigan24

gomichigan24 Member+

Jul 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    CCV is one I think needs a move to level up. Best defender in Scotland but in a 2 team league that means only so much

Pegasus and juveeer repped this.
  12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This deal is now looking shaky for Wes. Both sides may try to include a different player.

Villa's deadline is approaching and Wes may be trying to use that as leverage. But if this falls through and he is the cause......

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

14. SoccerFanInIA

SoccerFanInIA Member

Sporting KC
    United States
    Oct 28, 2021
    Im all for getting the bag, but at what point is it not a good thing to be the headline of why a deal isn’t getting done?

juveeer repped this.
  15. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Contracts work both ways. Wes is taking full advantage. I just hope that Wasserman know what they're doing.

HScoach13 and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  16. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good for wes. let this fall apart if it has to.

just because juve undervalues him (and hes done a lot to keep them competitive) doesnt mean he should accept that. theyll go through as many italian cms as it takes to fill that hole, and villa will do the same with british players.

his "valuation" of himself isnt remotely out of line with what hes shown on the pitch. juve can pay him to sit and villa can see what jonjoe shelvey is up to.

i couldnt support wes more.

jaykoz3 and OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  17. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    At no point. He’s coming off the best season he might ever have, the time is now to swing for the fences and get in a position he’s happy with, not to do what’s most convenient for Juve.

Winoman and gomichigan24 repped this.
  18. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  19. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    There could be an opening at Fullham:
    Report: Fulham begin looking at replacement for Bayern-linked Joao Palhinha (msn.com)

from wiki:
    Palhinha is known for his defensive positioning, stamina and tackling.[51][52][53] Described as an astute ball-winning midfielder, he is especially aggressive in stopping counter-attacks early by lunging into challenges, often preferring slide tackles in order to maximise his radius. He presses aggressively overall and records a high volume of tackles due to his proximity to the player in possession. A physical and tall player, his height helps him dominate aerial duels and his strength allows him to hold off opponents when dribbling. In open play, he oscillates between positions outside of the press and between the lines; when positioned outside of the opposition's press, he plays the role of a field general, directing teammates with his voice and hand gestures, with his vocal leadership being seen as one of his strengths

20. SoccerFanInIA

SoccerFanInIA Member

Sporting KC
    United States
    Oct 28, 2021
    I hear what you’re saying, but respectfully disagree. These type of situations just never seem to work out from my point of view. Player holds out for more money/demands. 2 things happens; 1. Doesn’t get it and is glued to the bench the rest of time OR 2. It does happen and doesn’t live up to making a big scene. Hopefully neither of those happen, but just from what I can remember in these situations in all sports I’ve followed.

juveeer repped this.
  21. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a joke, right? Weston McKennie is most certainly not a defensive midfielder.

Bob Morocco repped this.
  22. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I guess you could say Leeds' midfield was a joke but wasn't Wes a double 6 pivot type deal with Roca at Leeds? I'm never quite sure exactly what his position is tbph

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Looks like Villa is also "undervaluing" him if they don't want to pay what he is asking.

24. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    He is asking for the average salary of a Villa player. That is not very crazy.

Magikfute and TxEx repped this.