USMNT Player Pool for the 2022 Cycle

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by TheFalseNine, Oct 13, 2017.

1. el floppo

el floppo Member

NY RB
    United States
    Dec 7, 2021
    NYC LES Evil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tbh, that Kei kid looks like he went through puberty 10 years ago.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  2. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    I mean, it's now been well over a month since he was cleared to train. Yes, it's probably the case that they limited him at first. But, still, that's a long time to return to training but not to even sit on the bench for a match.

3. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    My USA starting XI for Qatar:
    GK- Zack Steffen (#1 keeper)
    LB- Antonee Robinson
    CB- Walker Zimmerman
    CB- Tyler Adams
    RB- Sergino Dest
    CDM- Gianluca Busio
    CDM- Yunus Musah
    LW- Weston McKennie
    CAM- Giovanni "Gio" Reyna
    RW- Tim Weah
    CF- Christian Pulisic

For me, although Dike is good I just think Pulisic has shown me a bit more. For example, he's started at striker for Chelsea and scored a goal and got an assist in a CL semi-final, while Dike now plays in the Championship. Pulisic also had a nice couple of goals & assist vs. Liverpool. However, the coach thinks guys who score a dozen goals in the MLS are better than some guy who played striker in a Champion's League final, so we have to respect that thinking.

If you don't want Pulisic to play striker b/c he's too short to score with his head, did you watch the US vs. Mexico match?

When Pulisic plays on the wing, he'll get fewer touches on the ball overall and in the penalty area. I tend to think you want your player who is the best on the ball touching it the most in the opponent's 18 yard box. If not then I would pick Gio Reyna. Reyna was selected to play forward in a CL knockout game vs. PSG, and he delivered. I haven't seen that from any other striker candidate.

Weah really proved himself in the last couple of matches. Let's hope he keeps up that form, but if not we have lots of good wingers.

4. el floppo

el floppo Member

NY RB
    United States
    Dec 7, 2021
    NYC LES Evil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting with Adams at CB. I assume the idea is to use him as a 6 in front of the back 3? But then that would end up pinching Dest and Jedi back to the back line, instead of letting one or the other push forward...unless we're keeping Adams as a more traditional CB, in which case I don't think Busio provides the cover/shape that he does at CMF, and Adams doesn't provide the CB skills that Miles does.

It's an interesting proposition though...and I'm interested in digesting it a bit more- but for now (before hearing your comments) seems like it's not optimizing the skillsets of the players available, just to get Busio on the field. I'd almost rather get Aaronson out there I think, but would have to figure out how to make that all work.

eta: and I don't mind CP as the 9/false-9, even though I prefer having more of a target guy and tbh CP hasn't looked his best for Chelsea there with back to goal too much.

5. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 11, 2021
    Neither of these guys has any pace. If you get hit with a counter or a ball over the top, neither of these guys can get back to cover it, just no.

el floppo repped this.
  6. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    They both are fast over long distances. Zimmerman is a fantastic athlete.

7. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Early guess at Qatar:

GK: Steffen, Turner, Guzan
    RB: Dest, Yedlin
    LB: Robinson, Scally
    CB: Robinson, Zimmerman, Richards
    #6: Adams, Acosta
    CM: McKennie, Musah, Sonora
    LW: Pulisic, Aaronson
    RW: Weah, Reyna
    CF: Pepi, Pefok, Morris

Looking at this early…

Current Locks (barring injury):
    1 - McKennie
    2 - Pulisic
    3 - Adams
    4 - Dest
    5 - Reyna
    6 - Musah
    7 - Aaronson
    8 - Weah
    9 - Steffen
    10 - A. Robinson
    11 - Turner

That only leaves 12 spots. Given the size and depth of the pool that the Berhalter regime has developed, there are going to be some really tough omissions. There is a really good likelihood that at least one of the locks will not make it for one reason or another. It always happens, and its always sad.

- Versatility will be key for the guys who get picked behind the obvious starters at RB, LB, CB, and #6. That means that the door is open for someone like Justin Che, James Sands, Scally, Acosta, etc. that may not be open for someone who is more rigidly attached to the position. If I’m Tessman and Acosta, I’m looking for a spin at CB with my club so that I can further justify being on the roster instead of a backup CB.

- Leadership and veteran poise have been meaningful in every stage of the Berhalter tenure. Will that trend continue into the World Cup? Does this now become Adams, Pulisic, and McKennie’s team while the veteran guys give way? There will need to be a couple of veteran sages who have been to a World Cup, hence Guzan over Johnson, Slonina (or similar).

PANDEMONEUM repped this.
  8. PANDEMONEUM

PANDEMONEUM Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Club:
    Asteras Tripolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    currently my rankings/order goes like this :

Left Winger : Pulisic, Aaronson, Morris
    CF : Pepi, Dike, Pefok, Zardes
    RW : Aaronson, Weah
    CM : Weston, Musah, Reyna, Busio
    DM : Adams, Acosta, Busio
    LFB : Antonee, Scally
    CB : Miles, Zimm, Rich, Brooks
    RFB : Dest, Yedlin, Cannon
    GK : Turner, Steffen, Horvath

thats 26
    and i havent even included GGGs favorites,
    Lletget, Roldan and whoever else.

theres probably 5 or so more guys that could be listed, or replacing the ones i listed.

injuries and covid, will still be concerns and could change things up.

Positionally (23)
    3 GK
    2 LFB
    4 CB
    2 RFB
    2 DM
    4 CM
    2 LW
    2 CF
    2 RW

9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have Busio, twice.

10. PANDEMONEUM

PANDEMONEUM Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Club:
    Asteras Tripolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea.
    hes my choice in both spots, over other guys.

i think we should take 2 DM guys and 4 CMs.
    and if Busio is the 4th CM,
    he can be used in the DM spot if needed

11. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still not sure why Scally is considered a better left-back than Dest. I know he's started there 5 times this season but is it his best position?

12. PANDEMONEUM

PANDEMONEUM Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Club:
    Asteras Tripolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont think its just as simple as that.
    Dest is probably the better LFB or player in general but,
    if we are adding 2 LFBs and 2 RFBs,
    who is the second choice LFB behind Antonee?
    Scally or Vines or ?

but, if Scally doesnt get any matches during WCQ, we should all bump him off of our lists.

13. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ll update this to include the whole list, but with there only being three more windows until we select our World Cup roster (if we qualify, hopefully), here’s my shortlist of the player pool.

GOALKEEPERS
    1. Matt Turner
    2. Zack Steffen
    3. Sean Johnson
    Contender:
    -Gabriel Slonina

Door is closing on: Brad Guzan, Ethan Horvath, Bill Hamid

Comments: This position is mostly set. It’ll be more of a question to who wins the starting job: Turner or Steffen? Slonina is on the outside now but I imagine that he’ll be in if something happens to one of the top 3.

FULLBACKS
    1. Sergino Dest (R/L)
    2. Antonee Robinson (L)
    3-4t.
    -Joe Scally (R/L)
    -Reggie Cannon (R)
    -DeAndre Yedlin (R)
    -George Bello (L)
    -Sam Vines (L)

Door is closing on: Kevin Paredes, Jonathan Gomez, Brooks Lennon, Aaron Herrera, Bryan Reynolds, Kyle Duncan, Shaq Moore, John Tolkin, DeJuan Jones

Comments: We know Dest and Jedi will and should be there. We know Joe Scally should be there but Berhalter is ignoring him. If Scally is in, I would say that it’ll be a bit of a crap shoot to who wins the last spot(s).

CENTER BACKS
    1. Walker Zimmerman
    2. Miles Robinson
    3. Chris Richards
    4. TBD
    -John Brooks
    -Mark McKenzie
    -Cameron Carter-Vickers

Door is closing on: Matt Miazga, Henry Kessler, Auston Trusty, Tim Ream, Aaron Long, Erik Palmer-Brown

Comments: Zimmerman, Richards, and Robinson are in. Brooks should be in. And that should be the four that we take. But who knows what’s in Berhalter’s mind. Furthermore, McKenzie seems to be highly rated although he’s not playing much; meanwhile, CCV is the best center back in Scotland right now and should be higher up in the pecking order. At this point, I don’t see anyone else getting in on their own accord.

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS
    1. Tyler Adams
    2. Kelyn Acosta
    Contenders (Door may be closing soon):
    -James Sands
    -Tanner Tessman
    -Johnny Cardoso
    -Jackson Yuiell
    -Gianluca Busio* (also 8/10)

Comments: Acosta is cementing his spot. But we still need depth and that’s where things fall off. We should be watching to see if any of these others guys emerge in the next year and they could sneak in. The most likely would probably be Gianluca Busio - but he might be used for one of the advanced mid positions.

MIDFIELDERS
    1. Weston McKennie
    2. Yunus Musah
    3. Gio Reyna (also as a winger)
    4. TBD
    -Luca de la Torre
    -Gianluca Busio (also at 6)
    -Cristian Roldan
    -Sebastian Lletget
    -Cole Bassett

Door is closing on: Richy Ledezma, Alex Mendez, Paxton Pomykal, Alan Sonora, Djordje Mihailovic, Christian Cappis, Julian Green, Tim Tillman, Malick Tillman, Taylor Booth, Eryk Williamson (injured), Paxten Aaronson

Comments: Musah and McKennie will be there. First question is Reyna a midfielder or a winger? That still needs to be answered. Next, Luca de la Torre is playing like he wants to go to a World Cup. Busio too. Bassett is the most likely to be one who sneaks in. And Roldan and Lletget are Berhalter’s boys.

WINGERS
    1. Tim Weah
    2. Christian Pulisic
    3. Brenden Aaronson
    4. TBD
    -Gio Reyna (he’s a lock but do we play him here?)
    -Jordan Morris (maybe as CF too)
    -Paul Arriola
    -Konrad de la Fuente
    -Matthew Hoppe (also as CF)
    -Josh Sargent (also as CF)
    -Niko Gioacchini (also as CF)

Door is closing on: Caden Clark, Cade Cowell, Samuel Shashoua

Comments: Pulisic, Weah, and Aaronson are in the drivers seat. But does Reyna wrap this up? Or do we plug him in the midfield and let one of the other guys contend for a spot? So that’s just going to come down into who’s in the best form.

FORWARDS
    1. TBD
    2. TBD
    -Ricardo Pepi
    -Jordan Pefok
    -Gyasi Zardes
    -Jesus Ferreira
    -Daryl Dike (injured)
    -Matthew Hoppe (also as winger)
    -Josh Sargent (also as winger)
    -Jordan Morris (also as winger)
    -Niko Gioacchini (also as winger)

Door is closing on: Folarin Balogun, Brian White, Etc.

Comments: Show me you can score and you can go to the World Cup. No one has been able to consistently prove that they can score and be dangerous up top. So, this one is going to come down to the wire. And whoever is in the best form at the moment will go to the World Cup.

In short, by my count, there are 45 players (in bold) left standing with a shot to go to the World Cup. And we have three windows to chop that down to 23 and come up with a Best XI.

14. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Jordan Morris fully recovers from injury he'll be on the plane.

Also, McKennie can play DM in a push. He's only played there twice for Juve but he played there a few times at S04.

15. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Pepi doesn't score for club, I think GB will call Sargent for the final window.

16. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pray that Pepi is a lock regardless. Even if he’s on the bench, he doesn’t need to be excluded from the team at this point.

17. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    #617 mfw13, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    I think that's a pretty solid analysis....I'd note that you only have 20 spots "allocated"....the big question is what Berhalter does with those final three spots. Traditionally, teams have brought 8 defenders, 8 midfielders, and 4 strikers, but given the depth of the US midfield pool, and the fact that Berhalter only plays with 1 pure striker, I could easily see him choosing 9 midfielders and 3 strikers, especially if you include a player like Morris, who can play as both a winger and as a striker. Likewise, a multi-positional player like Roldan might have an advantage in the race for the final spot simply because he is versatile enough to play multiple positions if needed.

The one assertion you make that I would question is that Musah is definitely on the plane. He's been somewhat of a negative when he has played, isn't great positionally, and the attack looked much more fluid with LDLT in the lineup last night instead of Musah. And given that he's very young, not very positionally disciplined, and that we have lots of other contenders for the "attacking midfielder" role, I think there's a reasonable chance he gets left behind.

Here's where I am now (starters in caps):

GK: STEFFEN, Turner, tbd
    RB: DEST, Yedlin
    LB: A.ROBINSON, tbd
    CB: ZIMMERMAN, M. ROBINSON, Richards, Brooks
    DM: ADAMS, MCKENNIE, Acosta, Roldan
    AM: WEAH, PULISIC, MORRIS, Aaronson, Reyna
    ST: PEPI, tbd, tbd

Assuming that everyone is healthy (which they won't be), the battle for the last spot is between Roldan, Musah, and LDLT, with Roldan getting my nod because of his experience and versatility. If McKennie gets hurt/suspended for a match, Roldan is the best option to replace his box-to-box range. Brooks is the #4 central defender and Yedlin the backup RB because they both were on the roster at WC 14.

Eleven Bravo repped this.
  18. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arguably the attack looked more fluid because the opposition was poor. In any event, I'm in the camp that Musah is a lock at this stage.

19. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Why?

What has he done so much better than the other candidates for the CAM role that he should be a lock at this point?

I think people are giving too much credit to the "he plays for a decent club in a Big Five league" narrative, without actually analyzing what he has done on the pitch.

20. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing to do with his club. He'd be in my 23 (and I like the McKennie, Adams, Musah trio), but I'm not analyzing his play myself when I say he looks like a lock. I'm looking at Berhalter's actions.

Practically speaking, what Musah has done that other candidates haven't done is get selected to start by Berhalter in 7 of the last 8 WCQs. It's hard not to be a lock for the 23 when your manager sees you as a near-lock for the XI. I'm not saying he can't be pipped for a starting job (though he'd start for me against almost any opponent if we had a game next week). I'm just saying there isn't much time (1 WCQ window and 2 Nations League windows) left before the World Cup and I see no signs that he doesn't figure very prominently in Berhalter's plans for 2022.

21. mfw13

mfw13 Member+

Jul 19, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Fair enough.

The flip side is that while he's started a lot of matches, he hasn't finished any of them. Likewise, the fact that he neither started, nor was used as a sub, in last night's must-win match may be an indication that Berhalter is dissatisfied with his play and starting to look in other directions.

The fact that LDLT had a strong match certainly doesn't help Musah....

22. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. It could also be he was looking for something different from that position because he had to start Acosta for Adams.

Anyway, Musah is just 19 and I love the way he plays. He's in for me, but I definitely think he's in for Berhalter.

23. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None of the starting 11 lost their place, but maybe Pepi. If Sargent knocks a couple of more goals, I wouldn't be surprised if GK goes with Sarg

Chesco United repped this.
  24. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USMNT - Player Pool - February 5, 2022

GOALKEEPERS
    Favorites:
    1. Matt Turner, 1994(27), Arsenal FC > New England Revolution
    2. Zack Steffen, 1995(27), Manchester City FC
    3. Sean Johnson, 1989(33), New York City FC
    Contenders:
    1. Gabriel Slonina, 2004*(18) Chicago Fire
    Pretenders:
    1. Brad Guzan, 1984(37), Atlanta United
    2. Ethan Horvath, 1995(26) Nottingham Forest
    3. Bill Hamid, 1990(31) DC United
    Prospects:
    1. John Pulskamp, 2001*(21) Sporting Kansas City
    2. Alex Rando, 2001*(21) Las Vegas Lights
    3. Jeff Dewsnup, 2004*(18) Real Monarchs
    4. Alex Borto, 2003*(18) Fulham
    5. Chris Brady, 2004*(18) Chicago Fire
    Outsiders:
    • JT Marcinkowski, 1997(25) San Jose Earthquakes
    • Tyler Miller, 1993(29) Minnesota United
    • Josh Cohen, 1992(29) Maccabi Haifa
    • Brad Stuver, 1991(31) Austin FC
    • William Yarbrough, 1989(33) Colorado Rapids
    • Joe Willis, 1988(33) Nashville SC
    • Tim Melia, 1986(36) Sporting Kansas City
    ~ Tomas Romero, 2000(21) Los Angeles FC [El Salvador dual]

Abyss:
    • Carlos dos Santos, 2000(21) Benfica
    • Matt Freese, 1998(23) Philadelphia Union
    • Jonathan Klinsmann, 1997(25) LA Galaxy
    • Mason Stajduhar, 1997(24) Orlando City
    • Alex Bono, 1994(28) Toronto FC
    • Stefan Cleveland, 1994(28) Seattle Sounders
    • Jimmy Maurer, 1988(33) FC Dallas
    • Bobby Shuttleworth, 1987(34) Chicago Fire
    Dreamers:
    • Antonio Carrera, 2004*(18) North Texas SC
    • Jonathan Mennell, 2003*(18) DC United
    • Hunter Sulte, 2002*(20) Portland Timbers
    • Damian Las, 2002*(20) Austin FC
    • Chituru Odunze, 2002*(19) Leicester City
    • Rocco Rios Novos, 2002*(19) Atlanta United [Argentina, needs to file switch]
    Outlook:
    • Gavin Beavers, 2005*(17) Real Monarchs
    • KyMani Dade, 2004*(18) LA Galaxy
    • Carver Miller, 2004*(18) Arminia Bielefeld
    • Beckham Sunderland, 2003*(18) FC Cincinnati
    • Vicente Reyes, 2003*(18) Atlanta United
    • Gavin Krenecki, 2003*(19) Sporting Kansas City
    • Anthony Ramos, 2003*(19) LA Galaxy
    • Aaron Cervantes, 2002*(20) Rangers FC
    • Abraham Rodriguez, 2002*(19) Colorado Rapids
    • Brooks Thompson, 2002*(20) Sporting Kansas City
    • Luca Lewis, 2001*(21) New York Red Bulls

RIGHT BACKS
    Favorites:
    1. Sergino Dest, 2000(21) FC Barcelona
    2. DeAndre Yedlin, 1993(28) Inter Miami CF
    Note: Scally moved to Left Back

Contenders:
    1. Reggie Cannon, 1998(23) Boavista FC
    2. Brooks Lennon, 1997(24), Atlanta United
    3. Bryan Reynolds, 2001*(20) AS Roma > KV Kortrijk
    Pretenders:
    1. Kyle Duncan, 1997(24) KV Oostende
    2. Aaron Herrera, 1997(24) Real Salt Lake
    3. Shaq Moore, 1996(26) Tenerife
    4. Tim Chandler, 1990(32) Eintracht Frankfurt
    Prospects:
    • Michael Halliday, 2003*(19) Orlando City SC
    • Cameron Duke, 2001*(21) Sporting Kansas City
    • Kayden Pierre, 2003*(19) Sporting Kansas City
    Outsiders:
    • Henry Wingo, 1995(26) Ferencvaros
    • Brandon Bye, 1995(26) New England Revolution
    • Nick Lima, 1994(27) Austin FC
    • Keegan Rosenberry, 1993(28) Colorado Rapids
    ~ Julian Gressel, 1993(28) DC United [USMNT declared, eligibility 2022]

Abyss:
    • Jaylin Lindsey, 2000(22) Charlotte FC
    • Griffin Dorsey, 1999(23) Houston Dynamo
    • Dylan Nealis, 1998(23) New York Red Bulls
    • Matthew Olosunde, 1998(24), Preston North End
    • Eddie Munjoma, 1998(23) FC Dallas
    • Tristan Blackmon, 1996(25) Los Angeles FC
    • Tommy Thompson, 1995(26) San Jose Earthquakes
    • Eric Miller, 1993(29) Nashville SC
    • Joe Gyau, 1992(29) FC Cincinnati
    Dreamers:
    • Cody Baker, 2004*(18) Tacoma Defiance
    • Mauricio Cuevas, 2003*(19) Club Brugge
    • Collin Smith, 2003*(18) FC Dallas
    • Ethan Dobbelaere, 2002*(19) Seattle Sounders
    • Nathan Harriel, 2001*(21) Philadelphia Union
    ~Erik Duenas, 2004*(17) Los Angeles FC {Prefers Mexico}

Outlook:
    • Jace Clark, 2005*(16) DC United
    • Justin Reynolds, 2004*(17) Chicago Fire
    • Ian Mai, 2004*(17)San Diego Loyal
    • Noah Hall, 2003*(19) Columbus Crew
    • Sebastian Anderson, 2002*(19) Colorado Rapids
    • Julian Gaines, 2002*(19) Las Vegas Lights
    • Quincy Butler, 2001*(20) Hoffenheim
    • Jacob Akanyirige, 2001*(20) unattached

CENTER BACKS
    Favorites:
    1. Miles Robinson, 1997(25), Atlanta United
    2. Walker Zimmermann, 1993(29), Nashville SC
    3. Chris Richards, 2000(22) Bayern Munich > TSG Hoffenheim [INJURED]
    4. John Brooks, 1993(29), VfL Wolfsburg
    Contenders:
    1. Mark McKenzie, 1999(23) KRC Genk
    2. Cameron Carter-Vickers, 1997(24) Tottenham Hotspur > Celtic
    3. Tim Ream, 1987(34), Fulham
    4. Aaron Long, 1992(29), New York Red Bulls
    5. Henry Kessler, 1998(23) New England Revolution
    6. Matt Miazga, 1995(26), Chelsea > Deportivo Alaves
    Pretenders:
    1. Erik Palmer-Brown, 1997(25), Manchester City > Troyes
    2. Auston Trusty, 1998(23) Arsenal FC > Colorado Rapids
    3. Justen Glad, 1997(25), Real Salt Lake
    ~ Philip Sandler, 1997(25) Manchester City > Feyenoord [Netherlands dual]

Prospects:
    1. Justin Che, 2003*(18) FC Dallas > TSG Hoffenheim
    2. Kobi Henry, 2004*(18) Orange County SC
    3. Tayvon Gray, 2002*(19) New York City FC
    4. George Campbell, 2001*(20) Atlanta United
    5. Jonathan Tomkinson, 2002*(20) Norwich City
    6. Jalen Neal, 2003*(18) LA Galaxy
    7. Casey Walls, 2003*(18) San Jose Earthquakes
    8. Brandan Craig, 2004*(18) Philadelphia Union
    ~Bryan Okoh, 2003*(19) Red Bull Salzburg {Prefers Switzerland}

Outsiders:
    • Jack Maher, 1999(22) Nashville SC
    • Lennard Maloney, 1999(22) Borussia Dortmund
    • Donovan Pines, 1998(24) DC United
    • Mauricio Pineda 1997(24) Chicago Fire
    • Sean Nealis, 1997(25) New York Red Bulls
    ~ Kik Pierie, 2000(21) Ajax Amsterdam > FC Twente [Prefers Netherlands] [INJURED]

Abyss:
    • Aboubacar Keita, 2000(22) Colorado Rapids
    • Jonathan Bell, 1997(24) New England Revolution
    • Nkosi Tafari, 1997(25) FC Dallas
    • Brenden Hines-Ike, 1994(27) DC United
    • Tim Parker, 1993(29) Houston Dynamo
    • Dave Romney, 1993(28) Nashville SC
    • Ventura Alvarado, 1992(29) FC Juarez
    Dreamers:
    • Noah Cobb, 2005*(16) Atlanta United
    • Thomas Williams, 2004*(17) Orlando City SC
    • Marcus Ferkranus, 2003*(19) LA Galaxy
    • Kaveh Rad, 2001*(20) Sporting Kansas City
    ~Antonio Leone, 2004*(18) Los Angeles FC {Mexico dual}

Outlook:
    • Diego Rosales, 2005*, (16) Las Vegas Lights
    • Joshua Wynder, 2005*(17) Louisville City
    • Efrain Morales, 2004*(18) Atlanta United
    • Samuel Jones, 2004*(18) Philadelphia Union
    • Dante Huckaby, 2003*(19) Philadelphia Union
    • Eric Kinzner, 2003*(19) Tacoma Defiance
    • Ethan Hardin, 2003*(19) Fort Lauderdale CF
    • Bobby Pierre, 2002*(19) Racing Strasbourg
    • Ian Fray, 2002*(19) Inter Miami
    • Nathan Sepulveda, 2002*(19) Las Vegas Lights
    • Mason Judge, 2002*(20) 1860 Munich
    ~Jaziel Orozco, 2004*(17) Real Monarchs {Prefers Mexico}

LEFT BACKS
    Favorites:
    1. Antonee Robinson, 1997(24) Fulham
    2. Joseph Scally, 2002*(19) Borussia Moenchengladbach
    Note: Scally converted from Right Back

Contenders:
    1. George Bello, 2002*(20), Arminia Bielefeld
    2. Sam Vines, 1999(23) Royal Antwerp
    3. Kevin Paredes, 2003*(19) VfL Wolfsburg
    4. DeJuan Jones, 1997(24) New England Revolution
    5. Jonathan Gomez, 2003*(18) Real Sociedad
    Pretenders:
    1. John Tolkin, 2002*(19) New York Red Bulls
    Prospects:
    1. Caleb Wiley, 2004*(17) Atlanta United
    2. Jacob Greene, 2003*(19) DC United
    Outsiders:
    • Chase Gasper, 1996(26) Minnesota United
    • Andrew Gutman, 1996(25) Atlanta United
    Abyss:
    • Chris Gloster, 2000(21) New York City FC
    • Matthew Real, 1999(22) Philadelphia Union
    • Aedan Stanley, 1999(22) unattached
    • Marco Farfan, 1998(23) Los Angeles
    • John Nelson, 1998(23) unattached
    • Sam Junqua, 1996(25) Houston Dynamo
    • Taylor Washington, 1993(28) Nashville SC
    • Daniel Lovitz, 1991(30) Nashville SC
    • Ryan Hollingshead, 1991(31) FC Dallas
    Dreamers:
    • Curtis Ofori, 2005*(16) New York Red Bulls
    • Noah Allen, 2004*(18) Inter Miami
    • Anthony Sorenson, 2003*(19) Philadelphia Union
    • Adam Armour, 2002*(19) Charlotte FC
    • Isaiah LeFlore, 2002*(19) SC Braga
    Outlook:
    • Armando Avila, 2004*(18) Las Vegas Lights
    • Coby Jones, 2003*(18) Sporting Kansas City
    • Zack Farnsworth, 2002*(19) Real Salt Lake
    • Kobe Hernandez-Foster, 2002*(19) HamKam
    • Alex Villanueva, 2002*(19) Seattle Sounders
    • Travian Sousa, 2001*(20) Sporting Kansas City
    • Andre Reynolds, 2001*(21) Chicago Fire
    • Leonardo Sepulveda, 2001*(20) Recreativo Granada

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS
    Favorites:
    1. Tyler Adams, 1999(23) Red Bull Leipzig [INJURED]
    2. Kellyn Acosta, 1995(26) Los Angeles FC
    Contenders:
    1. Tanner Tessman, 2001*(20) Venezia FC
    2. James Sands, 2000(21) New York City FC > Rangers FC
    3. Johnny Cardoso, 2001*(20) Internacional
    Pretenders:
    1. Jackson Yuiell, 1997(25) San Jose Earthquakes
    Prospects:
    1. Jack McGlynn, 2003*(18) Philadelphia Union
    2. Leon Flach, 2001*(20) Philadelphia Union
    3. Josh Atencio, 2002*(20) Seattle Sounders
    4. Moses Nyeman, 2003*(18) DC United
    5. Daniel Edelman, 2003*(19) New York Red Bulls
    6. Jeremy Garay, 2003*(19) DC United Loudon United
    Outsiders:
    • Chris Durkin, 2000(22) Sint Truiden
    • Russell Canouse, 1995(26) DC United
    • Matt Polster, 1993(28) New England Revolution
    • Alfredo Morales, 1990(32) New York City FC
    Abyss:
    • Andres Perea, 2000(21) Orlando City
    • Dante Polvara, 2000(21) Aberdeen FC
    • Derrick Jones, 1997(25) Houston Dynamo
    • Marky Delgado, 1995(27) Toronto FC
    • Wil Trapp, 1993(29) Minnesota United
    Dreamers:
    • Jayvin Van Deventer, 2004*(18) Sporting Kansas City
    • Bryang Kayo, 2002*(19) Wolfsburg > Viktoria Berlin
    • Sebastian Berhalter, 2001*(21) Columbus Crew > Austin FC
    Outlook:
    • Francis Jacobs, 2005*(17) Orange County SC
    • Zach Booth, 2004*(18) Leicester City
    • Justin Haak, 2001*(20) Hartford Athletic
    • Ian Hoffman, 2001*(20) Houston Dynamo
    • Owen Otasowie, 2001*(21) Club Brugge

CENTER MIDFIELDERS
    Favorites:
    1. Weston McKennie, 1998(23) Juventus
    2. Yunus Musah, 2002*(19) Valencia
    3. Luca de la Torre, 1998(24) Heracles
    4. Gianluca Busio, 2002*(20), Venezia FC
    Note: Moved Busio from the 6 to the 8 to be included in the favorites group.

Contenders:
    1. Cristian Roldan, 1995(26) Seattle Sounders
    2. Cole Bassett, 2001*(20) Colorado Rapids > Feyenoord
    3. Sebastian Lletget, 1992(29) New England Revolution
    Pretenders:
    1. Richard Ledezma, 2000(21) PSV Eindhoven
    2. Djordje Mihailovic, 1998(23) CF Montreal
    3. Alex Mendez, 2000(21) FC Vizela
    4. Taylor Booth, 2001*(21) FC Utrecht < Bayern Munich
    5. Paxton Pomykal, 1999(22), FC Dallas
    6. Christian Cappis, 1999(22) Brondby
    7. Alan Sonora, 1998(24) Independiente
    8. Timothy Tillman, 1999(23) Greuther Firth
    9. Julian Green, 1995(26) Greuther Firth
    10. Eryk Williamson, 1997(25) Portland Timbers [INJURED]
    ~ Malik Tillman, 2002*(20) Bayern Munich {Germany dual}

Prospects:
    1. Paxten Aaronson, 2003*(18) Philadelphia Union
    2. Reed Baker-Whiting, 2005*(18) Seattle Sounders
    3. Brian Gutierrez, 2003*(18) Chicago Fire
    4. Danny Leyva, 2003*(19) Seattle Sounders
    5. Rokas Puktsas, 2004*(17) Hajduk Split
    ~ Amir Richardson, 2002*(20) Le Havre {Prefers Morocco}

Outsiders:
    • Joel Sonora, 1996(25) Velez Sarsfield
    • Keaton Parks, 1997(24) New York City FC
    • Edwin Cerrillo, 2000(21) FC Dallas
    • Frankie Amaya, 2000(21) New York Red Bulls
    Abyss:
    • Jorge Hernandez, 2000(21) FC Chornomerets Odessa
    • Anthony Fontana, 1999(22) Philadelphia Union
    • Jacob Montes, 1998(23) Crystal Palace
    • Hassani Dotson, 1997(24) Minnesota United
    • Sean Davis, 1993(29) Nashville SC
    • Nick Besler, 1993(29) Real Salt Lake
    ~ Brandon Servania, 1999*(23) FC Dallas {Puerto Rico}
    ~ Darlington Nagbe, 1990(31) Columbus Crew [Declines call-ups]

Dreamers:
    • Matthew Corcoran, 2006*(16) FC Dallas
    • Noel Buck, 2005*(17) New England Revolution
    • Esmir Bajraktarevic, 2005*(17) New England Revolution
    • Obed Vargas, 2005*(16) Seattle Sounders
    • Juan Castilla, 2004*(17) Houston Dynamo
    • Ozzie Cisneros, 2004*(18) Sporting Kansas City
    • Evan Rotundo, 2004*(17) Schalke
    • Leandro Soria, 2004*(17) Godoy Cruz
    • Tyler Wolff, 2003*(19) Atlanta United
    • Jacob Davis, 2002*(20) Sporting Kansas City
    • Alejandro Alvarado, 2003*(18) FC Vizela
    • Theodore Ku-DiPietro, 2002*(20) DC United
    • Aiden Morris, 2001*(20) Columbus Crew
    • Jose Gallegos, 2001*(20) Sonderjyske
    • Matko Miljevic, 2001*(21) CF Montreal
    ~Benito Estrella, 2006*(16) New York Red Bulls {Portugal, dual}

Outlook:
    • Sam Williams, 2005*(17) New York Red Bulls
    • Julio Benitez, 2005*(16) Real Monarchs
    • Drew Hardin, 2004*(17) Inter Miami
    • Christopher Jaime, 2004*(18) Las Vegas Lights
    • Allan Rodriguez, 2004*(18) Chicago Fire
    • Kenan Hot, 2004*(18) Hartford Athletic
    • Brenden Lambe, 2004*(18) Atlanta United
    • Javier Casas, 2003*(19) Chicago Fire
    • Adam Saldana, 2002*(20) LA Galaxy
    • Cameron Dunbar, 2002*(19) LA Galaxy
    • Damien Rivera, 2002*(19) New England Revolution
    • Cole Turner, 2001*(20) Philadelphia Union
    • Oliver Larraz, 2001*(20) Colorado Rapids

WINGERS
    Favorites:
    1. Timothy Weah, 2000(22), Lille OSC
    2. Christian Pulisic, 1998(23) Chelsea FC
    3. Brenden Aaronson, 2000(21) Red Bull Salzburg
    4. Giovanni Reyna, 2002*(20) Borussia Dortmund
    Note: Moved Reyna to winger for now.

Contenders:
    1. Jordan Morris, 1994(26), Seattle Sounders
    2. Paul Arriola, 1995(27) FC Dallas
    3. Josh Sargent, 2000(22) Norwich City
    4. Matthew Hoppe, 2001*(21) RCD Mallorca
    5. Konrad De La Fuente, 2001*(20), Olympique Marseilles [INJURED]
    6. Niko Gioacchini, 2000(21) SM Caen > Montpellier
    Pretenders:
    1. Cade Cowell, 2003*(18) San Jose Earthquakes
    2. Caden Clark, 2003*(19) RB Leipzig > New York Red Bulls
    3. Samuel Shashoua, 1999(23) Tenerife
    4. Alex Mighten, 2002*(20) Nottingham Forest
    5. Chris Mueller, 1996(25) Hibernian FC
    6. Jonathan Lewis, 1997(24) Colorado Rapids
    Prospects:
    1. Quinn Sullivan, 2004*(18) Philadelphia Union
    2. Dante Sealy, 2003*(19) FC Dallas > PSV Eindhoven
    3. Diego Luna, 2003*(18) El Paso Locomotive
    4. Indiana Vassilev, 2001*(21) Inter Miami
    Outsiders:
    • Emmanuel Sabbi, 1997(24) OB Odense
    • Tyler Boyd, 1994(27) Besiktas > Caykur Rizespor
    • Duane Holmes, 1994(27) Huddersfield Town
    • Fafa Picault, 1991(31) Houston Dynamo
    Abyss:
    • Benji Michel, 1997(24) Orlando City SC
    • Sebastian Saucedo, 1997(25) UNAM Pumas
    • Luke Haakenson, 1997(24) Nashville SC
    • Joe Efford, 1996(25) Motherwell FC
    • Alex Muyl, 1995(26) Nashville SC
    • Ian Harkes, 1995(27) Dundee United
    • Memo Rodriguez, 1995(26) Houston Dynamo
    • Lynden Gooch, 1995(26) Sunderland
    ~ Latif Blessing, 1996(26) Los Angeles FC {Declared for USMNT, not yet eligible}

Dreamers:
    • Leo Torres, 2004*(18) Real Monarchs
    • Griffin Yow, 2002*(19) DC United
    • Andres Jasson, 2002*(20) New York City FC
    • Mario Penagos, 2002*(20) Sacramento Republic
    • Ulysses Llanez, 2001*(21) St. Polten
    ~Edison Azcona, 2003*(18) Inter Miami [Dominican Republic]

Outlook:
    • Brooklyn Raines, 2005*(17) El Paso Locomotive
    • Felipe Valencia, 2005*(17) Fort Lauderdale CF
    • Gage Akalu, 2005*(15) Sporting Kansas City
    • Dantouma Toure, 2004*(17) Colorado Rapids
    • Jackson Hopkins, 2004*(18) DC United
    • Juan Alvarez, 2004*(17) Tacoma Defiance
    • Xavier O’Neil, 2004*(17) DC United
    • Chris Garcia, 2003*(19) Real Salt Lake
    • Raymond Drai, 2003*(18) Orange County SC
    • Bode Davis, 2002*(20) Real Salt Lake

FORWARDS
    Favorites:
    1. Ricardo Pepi, 2003*(19) FC Augsburg
    2. Jesus Ferreira, 2000(21), FC Dallas
    Contenders:
    1. Jordan Pefok, 1996(26) BSC Young Boys
    2. Gyasi Zardes, 1991(30), Columbus Crew
    3. Daryl Dike, 2000(21) West Bromwich Albion [INJURED]
    Pretenders:
    1. Haji Wright, 1998(24), Antalyaspor
    2. Brian White, 1996(26) Vancouver Whitecaps
    Prospects:
    1. Malick Sanogo, 2004*(18) Union Berlin
    2. Federico Oliva, 2004*(17) Atletico Madrid
    3. Missael Rodriguez, 2003*(19) Chicago Fire
    ~Folarin Balogun, 2001*(20) Arsenal > Middlesborough FC {England dual}
    ~Santiago Munoz, 2002*(19) Santos Laguna {Prefers Mexico}

Outsiders:
    • Sebastian Soto, 2000(22) Livingston FC
    • Benjamin Kikanovic, 2000(22) San Jose Earthquakes
    • Mason Toye, 1998(23) CF Montreal
    • Brandon Vazquez, 1998(23) FC Cincinnati
    • Jeremy Ebobisse, 1997(25) San Jose Earthquakes
    • Miguel Berry, 1997(24) Columbus Crew
    • Andrija Novakovich, 1996(25) Frosinone
    • Rubio Rubin, 1996(26) Real Salt Lake
    • Bobby Wood, 1992(29) Real Salt Lake
    • Jozy Altidore, 1989(32), New England Revolution
    Abyss:
    • Preston Judd, 1999(23) LA Galaxy
    • Corey Baird, 1996(26) Houston Dynamo
    • Khiry Shelton, 1993(28) Sporting Kansas City
    • Aron Johannsson, 1990(31) Lech Poznań
    • CJ Sapong, 1988(33) Nashville SC
    ~Maurice Malone, 2000(21) Augsburg [Germany dual]

Dreamers:
    • Jackson Conway, 2001*(20) Atlanta United
    • Charlie Kelman, 2001*(20) Queens Park Rangers > Gillingham FC
    • Cameron Harper, 2001*(20) New York Red Bulls
    • Jordan Adebayo-Smith, 2001*(21) Tampa Bay Rowdies
    • Jake LaCava, 2001*(21) New York Red Bulls
    Outlook:
    • Axel Kei, 2007*(13) Real Monarchs
    • Kristian Fletcher, 2005*(17) unattached
    • Luke Brennan, 2005*(17) Atlanta United
    • Daniel Sebathu, 2005*(17) Atlanta United
    • Mataeo Bunbury, 2005*(17) Sporting Kansas City
    • Darren Yapi, 2004*(17) Colorado Rapids
    • CJ Fodrey, 2004*(18) San Diego Loyal
    • Yekeson Subah, 2004*(18) Real Monarchs
    • Abraham Lincon, 2004*(18) San Antonio FC
    • Austin Brummett, 2004*(18) New York Red Bull’s
    • Arquimedes Ordonez, 2003*(18) FC Cincinnati
    • Patrick Weah, 2003*, (18) Sacramento Republic [INJURED]
    • Patrick Bohui, 2003*(18) Vejle BK
    • Tyler Freeman, 2003*(19) Sporting Kansas City
    • Alex Monis, 2003*(19) Chicago Fire
    • Selmir Miscic, 2003*(19) North Carolina FC
    • Zion Long, 2003*(18) Sporting Kansas City
    • Alfonso Ocampo-Cavez, 2002*(20) Pinzgau Saalfelden
    • Ray Serrano, 2002*(20) Seattle Sounders
    • Jack de Vries, 2002*(20), Venezia FC
    • Alfonso Vasquez, 2002*(19) Hartford Athletic
    • Johan Gomez, 2001*(20) FSV Zwickau
    • Justin Butler, 2001*(21) FC Ingolstadt
    • Jalen Hawkins, 2001*(21) FC Ingolstadt
    • Patrick Koffi, 2001*(20) Paris FC > Creteil
    ~Christian Torres, 2004*(18) Los Angeles FC {Prefers Mexico}

Chesco United repped this.
  25. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS East - Preview 2022
    Predictions:
    1. New England Revolution
    2. New York City FC
    3. Atlanta United
    4. Philadelphia Union
    5. DC United
    6. Chicago Fire
    7. New York Red Bulls
    8. Orlando City SC
    9. CF Montreal
    10. Columbus Crew
    11. FC Cincinnati
    12. Charlotte FC
    13. Inter Miami
    14. Toronto FC

ATLANTA UNITED

+ USMNT: Miles Robinson (CB), Brooks Lennon (RB), Brad Guzan (GK)

+ Fringe: Andrew Gutman (LB), Emo Hyndman (CM) - Injured,

+ Must Watch Youngsters: None

+ Maybe Their Year: Caleb Wiley (LB); George Campbell (CB); Tyler Wolff (AT),

+ Prospects: Jackson Conway (FW)

Best XI

———————J. Martinez——————

Almada———————————-Araujo

————————Moreno———————

————Ibarra———————Sosa———

Gutman*———————————-Lennon*

————-M. Robinson*—Franco————

———————Guzan*————————

CHARLOTTE FC

+ USMNT: None

+ Fringe: Jaylin Lindsey (LB)

+ Maybe Their Year: None

+ Prospects: Adam Armour (LB)

Best XI:

———————-Swiderski———————

Reyna——————————————Rios

————————Franco————————-

————Alcivar————-Ruiz——————

Mora————————————Lindsey*

————Makoun————Walkes————-

————————Kahlina————————-

CHICAGO FIRE

+ USMNT: Gaga Slonina (GK)

+ Fringe: Mauricio Pineda (CB), Jonathan Bornstein (LB)

+ Must Watch Youngsters: Brian Gutierrez (AT)

+ Maybe Their Year: Andre Reynolds (LB)

+ Prospects: Chris Brady (GK), Javier Casas (CM), Allan Rodriguez (CM), Alex Monis (FW), Missael Rodriguez (FW)

Best XI

——————-Przybylko——————-

Ivanov————————————Shaqiri

———————Gutierrez*——————-

———Navarro—————Gimenez——-

Bornstein*—-—————————-Sekulic

————-Pineda*———Czichos————

————————Slonina*———————-

FC CINCINNATI

+ Fringe: Alex Kann (GK), Nick Hagglund (CB), Raymon Gaddis (RB), Geoff Cameron (CB)

+ Maybe Their Year: Zico Bailey (RB), Ben Mines (WF), Brandon Vasquez (FW), John Nelson (LB)

+ Prospects: None

————————Brenner——————-

Matarrita———————————Atanga

————————Acosta——————-

—————Moreno———Cruz————-

Blackett———————————-Powell

————Cameron*——Hagglund*—-

————————Vermeer——————-

COLUMBUS CREW

+ USMNT: Gyasi Zardes (FW),

+ Fringe: Miguel Berry (FW), Marlon Hairston (CM)

+ Must Watch Youngster: Aiden Morris (CM),

+ Maybe Their Year: Brady Scott (GK), Jake Morris (LB)

Best XI

————————Zardes*————————

Santos—————————————Berry*

———————-Zelarayan———————-

————Nagbe*———-Artur—————

???—————————————-Moreira

————Degenek———Mensah————-

———————Room——————————

DC UNITED

+ USMNT: Bill Hamid (GK), Donovan Pines (CB)

+ Fringe: Steve Birnbaum (CB), Russell Canouse (DM), Brendan Hines-Ike (CB)

+ Maybe Their Year: None

+ Must Watch Youngsters: Jacob Greene (LB), Theo Ku-DiPietro (AT), Moses Nyeman (DM), Griffin Yow (WF),

+ Prospects: Jeremy Garay (DM),

Best XI

—————Kamara———Robertha——-

Flores—————————————Gressel

—————Nyeman*——Canouse*——-

Smith—————————————Najar

————-Birnbaum*——-Pines*———

—————————-Hamid*——————-

INTER MIAMI

+ USMNT: DeAndre Yedlin (RB)

+ Fringe: Brek Shea (LW), Robbie Robinson (W/F), Victor Ulloa (CM)

+ Maybe Their Year: Carlos Dos Santos (GK), George Acosta (AT),

+ Must Watch Youngsters: Felipe Valencia (FW), Edison Azcona (AT) - Dominican Republic,

+ Prospects: Ian Fray (CB) - injured,

Best XI

—————Higuain—Campana——-

Robinson*—————————-Rodriguez

————-Gregore—-Mota————-

Gibbs————————————-Yedlin*

———-Lowe—————Quinteros——-

———————Marsman——————-

CF MONRTREAL

+ USMNT: Djordje Mihailovic (AT)

+ Fringe: None

+ Maybe Their Year: Mason Toye (FW), Matko Miljevic (AT)

Best XI

————————-Quioto——————

Mihailovic*——————————-Torres

——————Kone——-Wanyama——-

Lappalainen—————————Choiniere

———Camacho—Miller—-Waterman—-

————————Breza—————————

NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION

+ USMNT: Matt Turner (GK), Henry Kessler (CB), DeJuan Jones (LB), Sebastian Lletget (AT), Jozy Altidore (FW)

+ Fringe: Jon Bell (CB), Brandon Bye (RB), Omar Gonzalez (CB), Andrew Farrell (CB), Matt Polster (DM), Justin Rennicks (FW)

+ Maybe Their Year: Goalkeeper in second half of season?

+ Must Watch Youngster: Damian Rivera (AT), Noel Buck (CM)

Best XI

————Altidore*——Buksa————-

Gil——————————————-Bou

————-Polster*——Lletget*———-

Jones*—————————————Farrell*

————Kessler*——Gonzalez*————

———————-Turner*———————-

NEW YORK CITY FC

+ USMNT: Sean Johnson (GK), Fredo Morales (DM),

+ Fringe/Maybe Their Year: Keaton Parks (CM), Chris Gloster (LB)

+ Must Watch Youngster: Tayvon Gray (CB/RB)

+ Prospects: Christian McFarlane (LB), Andres Jasson (LW)

Best XI:

———————Castellanos————

Talles————————————-Andrade

————————Maxi————————

—————-Parks*—Morales*————

Amundsen———————————Gray*

————Chanot———Martins—————

———————Johnson*————————

NEW YORK RED BULLS

+ USMNT: Caden Clark (AT), Frankie Amaya (CM), John Tolkin (LB)

+ Fringe: Omir Fernandez (AT), Sean Nealis (CB),

+ Maybe Their Year: Cameron Harper (AT), Tom Barlow (FW), Dylan Nealis (RB)

+ Must Watch Youngster: Daniel Edelman (DM), Benito Estrella (CM)

Best XI:

————————Klimala———————-

Clark*—————————————-Morgan

—————Amaya*——-Luqinhas———-

————————Casseres——————

Tolkin*————————————Edwards

————Long*————S. Nealis*———-

———————-Coronel————————

ORLANDO CITY SC

+ USMNT: Andres Perea (DM)

+ Fringe: Benji Michel (WF)

+ Maybe Their Year: Mason Stajduhar (GK)

+ Prospects: Alex Freeman (RB), Michael Halliday (RB), Thomas Williams (CB)

————————Kara———————-

Torres——————————————Pato

————Urso—-Perea*—Mendez———-

Jansson————————————Ruan

———Schlegel———-Antonio Carlos——

——————-Gallese—————————

PHILADELPHIA UNION

+ USMNT: Paxten Aaronson (AT), Leon Flach (DM/LB)

+ Fringe: Alejandro Bedoya (CM)

+ Maybe Their Year: Matt Freese (GK) - If he transfers, New England? When Turner leaves?, or Joe Bendik (GK)

+ Must Watch Youngsters: Jack McGlynn (DM), Quinn Sullivan (AT), Nathan Harriel (RB)

+ Prospects: Brandon Craig (DM), Anton Sorenson (LB), Cole Turner (CM),

Best XI

——————Santos———Carranza——-

————————P.Aaronson*—————

—————Flach*————-Bedoya*——

————————McGlynn*——————-1

Wagner—————————————Harriel*

————-Glesnes———-Elliott—————

————————-Blake————————

Season Opener XI

——————Burke——Carranza————-

————————-Gazdag———————-

—————Flach*—————Bedoya*———

———————Martinez———————

Wagner———————————-Mbaizo

—————-Glesnes———-Elliott————-

————————Blake———————-

TORONTO FC

+ Fringe: Alex Bono (GK), Quentin Westberg (GK), Michael Bradley (DM)

+ Maybe Their Year: Shane O’Neill (CB)

+ Must Watch Youngster: None

+ Prospect: None

Best XI

————————-Akinola———————

Shaffelburg—————————-Jimenez

————————-Pozuelo——————-

————-Bradley*——-Osorio————

Lawrence————————————O’Neill*

————Mavinga———Salcedo————-

————————-Bono*————————

Paul Berry and el floppo repped this.