USMNT at HDC

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Delle Alpi, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just announce a friendly between the USMNT and Sweden at the Home Depot Center on January 19th. A couple of us want to make a roadie for the match and were wondering if any other 1906ers would like to make a 1906 event out of it. Just trying to get a feeler if we would have enough people to make an 06 presence at the game. We could get tickets in Sam's Army section but bring our banner.

2. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we can carpool, hit the I-5 and then come back afterwards I'd be up for it--haven't been to LA for anything in a long while. Just a thought.

3. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats what we were planning.

4. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    It would be interesting.
    January is a long time ahead, so I can't plan anything definitely just yet...

5. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have until tickets go on sale to think about it. I am sure we have at least a month or more.

6. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In. Definitely. But you already knew that.

7. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As soon as US soccer releases details we can start putting a plan together for the trip. It would be cool to tailgate at the HDC before the game but we can figure that out later.

8. RoundBallNewbie

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keeping in mind that "tailgating is forbidden" at the Toolbox. I don't know how that normally goes and I assume Sam's Army has a plan in place for their Nazi parking lot regulations, but just as a reminder. I think we'd definitely have to link with a larger group and not just roll down on our own with some grills and booze.

9. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't allow tailgating, what kind of bullshite is that. Only in the scumbag south would they have a rule like that at a soccer stadium. We will find away to tailgate believe me. :D

10. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm sure it's a school issue, but man, what a crappy school it must be.

11. RoundBallNewbie

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it does have a "State" and a dash in its name, so yeah, not a good sign.

12. FCSF

FCSF Member

Apr 27, 2006
    SF, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This could be a cool trip. We'll have to discuss it more as the time to buy tics nears.

13. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will. US soccer has not officially announced this game on the website yet so I have no idea when tickets will be available but as soon as they do we will start putting this together.

14. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK so tickets go on sale Thursday morning at 10am. So we need to get a head count about who is interested in this game so we can get our tickets. The affordable seats range from 33 for the sideline, 25 for the corners, and 18 for the end line. Let move on this so we can make this road trip happen. Who's interested?

Here is the link to US soccers info http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_3047426.html

Here is the Sams Army info http://www.sams-army.com/index.php?Mlist=event&Mid=114

20 people required for group tickets

15. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I am in!
    +1 at least.

16. RoundBallNewbie

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same for me. Chris will be making this trip and I think I can pull someone else in as well.

17. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we can carpool I'm in...

18. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah we can set that up. We still need a few more people to get the group tickets but we will try and go down in as few cars a possible.

19. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK so its time to set this thing up so I need a head count of who actually wants to go. PM me or send an email so I can get a head count and we can buy the tickets.

20. Loop Revil

Loop Revil New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Hey. SFSU alumnus here!

21. Paynal

Paynal New Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Camp Casey SK
    I would totally be down to go, but I'm going to be in stupid Korea! ... freezing my ass off... still it's better than the alternative. Hopefully I can catch a K League game or two.

22. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm interested. Which section are we looking at and how many people are on board so far?

23. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are looking at sitting with Sam's Army. The count as of now is at 15. I need to start collecting the money from people I haven't gotten it from so I can order the tickets.

24. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To everyone who is interested in going to this game I will need to collect the money as soon as possible. I checked today and there are still tickets in the Sams Army section. The total cost per ticket with service charge is $30. We really need to to get going on this, so PM or email me ASAP so I can order the tickets.

25. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    This is going to be a quite historical game for the US!

According to US Soccer official website:

MATCH #499: The Nelson Mandela Challenge Cup will mark the 499th official match for the U.S. Men’s National Team dating back to 1916. The U.S. holds a lifetime record of 192-194-112. Coincidentally, the U.S. will hit the mark 500 game mark against the team that it played in game number one – Sweden. On Aug. 20, 1916, the United States Football Association’s Men’s National Team played its first-ever official match under the banner of FIFA after gaining full membership just over two years earlier. In Stockholm, the U.S. earned a 3-2 win against Sweden on goals by Charles Ellis, C.H. Spalding and Harry Cooper. Just over 91 years later, the teams will meet on Jan. 19 at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. The match will be broadcast live on Fox Soccer Channel.