USL, Super F League Join Forces

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by HSEUPASSION, Sep 29, 2006.

1. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
  2. jeffconn

jeffconn Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Norfolk, VA, USA
    Club:
    Hampton Roads Piranhas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After reading the SuperF League's website:
    http://www.superfleague.com/index.htm
    the Super F League looks (to me) like just a series of local futsal leagues, youth and adult. NO pro division, and no national leagues, although they do have a national futsal tournament. My guess is it's just another way for USL clubs to offer a TOTAL soccer experience. Now, if we can just get some USL/MLS clubs to sponsor footvolley and sand soccer sides. :D

3. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I doubt it. Right the Super F League looks like an association of 8 city futsal amateur leagues.

4. jimmyco

jimmyco Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Aurora, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the futsal league that was supposedly to start up a few years ago? In Texas I believe?

Just curious.

5. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    No. That league was dead before it started, and I think everybody knew it. I was a state futsal president at the time, and even I had serious doubts about it. It would have probably been on par with USL 2, way too low a profile to start something like that.

6. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they could use it for the Y-League. That would be a good development program. Having spent two weeks in Brazil last year, I've become a big fan of futsal as a development tool. But I doubt it would ever be a viable pro sport here.

7. keem-o-sabi

keem-o-sabi Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the basis of Queen City's youth academy training. Futsal definitely helps.

8. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Agree on both counts.

I've never been to Brazil, alas, but I have seen it vastly improve NAIA Division II players. They didn't become little Ronaldinhos (Ronaldinhoinhos?), but they got a lot better with the ball as a result of a few nights a week over the winter.