USL related podcasts

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by ButlerBob, May 20, 2015.

1. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, found a new podcast for this year that is all about the USL aka the former USL Pro. It's a weekly podcast from two Canadians. It's called USL Radio. Here's a link to their web site and you can down load and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. You can also play it from their web site.

I think they do a pretty good job. But I think they lack some of history of the teams. But then in turn they aren't jaded from any past items.

http://uslradio.com/

If you know of any other podcasts that are either team centric or have USL related content feel free to post them on this thread.

2. Smash Simmons

Smash Simmons New Member

May 27, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Howdy, I was just doing some research on this very subject and stumbled across your post. I happen to be a co-host on a soccer talk show called the The Throw-in that airs on 104.9 The Horn FM, live every Sunday at 9am, here in beautiful (currently very wet) Austin, Texas. We talk about a decent variety of leagues, tournaments, and general soccer news.

I think you would be more interested in the fact that we have a whole segment set aside for our Austin Aztex. We have had Head Coach, Paul Daglish on the show, as well as our local superstar Kris Tyrpak amongst others. Admittedly we are a newer show, but so is life for the Aztex in USL. We are also close to Eberly's Army, the supporters for the Aztex. We tend to have a good insight on not just the team on the field, but with the fans as well. Also, one of my co-host happens to be a broadcaster for both the Aztex and San Antonio Scorpions, so we will mention our NASL rivals from down I-35 (playing them in US Open Cup today!) from time to time.

While we are a live show that encourages call-ins, tweets, and texts, we do record every show to be uploaded for podcasting. I posted a link to our Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/the-throw-in but we can be found on iTunes as well.

We also have a Facebook (www.facebook.com/thethrowin) and a Twitter (@TheThrowinATX). I hope you do not mind me posting those links, but honestly if y'all end up listening to the show and want to ask a question you can tweet us and we will answer it on the live show Sunday.

Cheers!

ButlerBob and davideinstein repped this.
  3. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013