USL/NASL attendance comparisons

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by ManuSooner, Mar 28, 2016.

1. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was taken at OKC as the game ball was being parachuted into the stadium before the game.
    Apparently the "announced attendance was 5646?!?
    The stadium holds ~7000. Does it really look like 5646?
    game.jpg

FootySkeptic repped this.
  2. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Sure? I've never found pregame pomp and circumstance to be a good indicator of crowd levels. The photo they posted during the game looks much fuller.

3. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is another shot from later in the game
    overhead shot.jpg

I drove by the stadium and I could read the O-K-C in the green seats. There were NOT 5,000 people there.

4. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is the picture the Energy posted Dr'd?

5. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course not. The first photo of this thread is before the game started and the second and third show opposite sides of the stadium.

Brother Badgerjohn repped this.
  6. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, a Rayo OKC fan already posting multiple photos trying to call into question OKC Energy's attendance figures... it's going to be a fun rivalry.

greenroom and ManuSooner repped this.
  7. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the (2) pics I posted doctored?

8. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS, USL and NASL no difference, all pad attendance and all supporters of the leagues think it only happens in the other leagues. right?

The One X, Blando13 and The Irish Rover repped this.
  9. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9 ManuSooner, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    If it happens at Rayo OKC games, I'll say so.
    To say "...all pad attendance.." doesn't make it right, does it? I will ESPECIALLY point it out, though, for nrg games. Just one more under-handed, smarmy thing their FO does IMHO.
    Ooops...I guess my opinion slipped out!. Sorry :)
    And, yes, I DO have a "vendetta" against their ownership group. And, yes, I HAVE made it personal.
    But in the same vein I want to be honest, too. If they ACTUALLY sell out I'll say so. IMO they are padding their opening night numbers in front of Rayo OKC's first game, saying there were 5600, when in reality there were MAYBE 3500. So...if Rayo ACTUALLY pulls in 3500 for their first game this weekend (I think it will be much more) then they can say they had more people at THEIR game. "What's wrong with Rayo?...Blah blah blah..."
    Come to think of it, that would actually be one of the LEAST under-handed things they have done, to be honest

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much anger.

Sooooooo much anger.

11. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look I am rooting for both OKC teams. But having been in the NASL camp for the last few years, I know they pad the attendance. I know the Scorpions were announcing 6k+ when there was not 6k plus there. And lets not talk about ATL or the Strikers.

12. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RaYukon won't pad attendance, they'll paper the house like Lund did with the Blazers

13. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, the first one you posted was 15 minutes before kickoff and the second was just after kickoff. You can tell because sunset was at 7:47 that night (or, about the 17th minute) and the sun was still on the horizon in the second shot.

14. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So when exactly did the crowd arrive? If the 2nd pic was taken in the 17th minute then there were MAYBE 2700-3000 people there. So 3000 people came in after that? And if so, where did they go when I drove by later?

15. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No clue, I'm not making claims about the attendance from driving by a stadium or using pictures. I'm also a bit less biased than you. Maybe since you finally have your own team and you obviously don't bring anything positive to the Energy/USL forums, you could stick to the ones you want to see succeed (I know that is a silly request that won't happen, just a thought and throwing it out there).

16. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's capacity 7500 correct? These pics I scraped from a Facebook poster show at least a couple sections looking about 85%-90%+/- full. So just for argument sake (I honestly don't give a crap about this argument -but I'm bored) to hit the 5600 # they would have to be at 75% capacity. From these pictures -I'm obviously not showing the "OKC" side, it seems possible that is about the the # they had. But I love your passion - it will make the game great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever the actual numbers were in OKC it's pretty damn impressive that two separate teams could draw 5k+.

18. C. B.

C. B. Member

Sep 6, 2013
    OKC
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually those pictures are from the preseason friendly vs. FC Dallas. We played the Switchbacks in the home opener.