Use Of The F.C. Dallas Name

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by BurnFanToo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. BurnFanToo

BurnFanToo New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Grapevine, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has F.C. Dallas officially gotten permission from the F.C. Dallas select soccer club out of Richardson to use the name? My son plays on a select soccer team with a boy whose dad is a coach for F.C. Dallas and he said they are still negotiating.

2. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should play for it... Should be a close match!

Lee

3. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's how the Clash became the Quakes...

5. BurnFanToo

BurnFanToo New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Grapevine, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess the select club never bothered to copyright or protect the name with the Fed, hence, no negotiations are necessary. Wonder if the two organizations will peacefully co-exist sharing the name or somehow affiliate or duke it out in the courts?!

6. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all can live in perfect harmony. I doubt that FC Dallas of MLS would want to get into litigation w/ a youth soccer organization or that the select team would want to challenge Lamar Hunt and his money bags. As long as the youth soccer team does not infringe or detract on HSG's attempt to make as much money as possible in every sporting endeavor available then everything will be ok. As for the association between clubs a lot has been speculated. Take a look as some threads in this forum or in particular Buzz @ http://www.3rddegree.net/. He's much more familiar w/ the goings on. The Herald for FC Dallas ! (He'll bad rep. me for that)

7. BurnFanToo

BurnFanToo New Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Grapevine, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's always about duh money! lol

QUOTE=Balonpie]We all can live in perfect harmony. I doubt that FC Dallas of MLS would want to get into litigation w/ a youth soccer organization or that the selct team would want to challenge Lamar Hunt and his money bags. As long as the youth soccer team does not infringe or detract on HSG's attempt to make as much money as possible in every sporting endeavor available then everything will be ok. As for the association between clubs a lot has been speculated. Take a look as some threads in particular Buzz @ http://www.3rddegree.net/. He's much more familiar w/ the goings on. The Herald of FC Dallas ! (He'll bad rep. me for that)[/QUOTE]

8. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    Really, why fight that (as long as there is no interference with FCD's ability to make money off their new name). Heck, invite the team to a game or two for free. Let me play on the field a few times, etc. Give em some t-shirts. They are probably as good a place as any to start to build up the fan base.

9. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Even better if both can create a FCD 96 reserve or youth squad much like what the fahr and cRpaids did for their PDL squad.

10. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    I wish they would get fcdallas.com

11. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
  12. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its been 9 years and we have never had the chance to buy a Dallas Burn Beer Mug or calendar yet they're out there planning cuff links.

13. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're going after the Neiman Marcus demographic.

14. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    I thought it was for all the suits I wear to games

15. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Great gimmick! Everybody in the Inferno should wear a suit to the home opener next year. We still chant, sing and drum as usual, but we do it looking sharp. :)

16. theodore

theodore Member

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, according to the website you can order spirit wear by emailing angie@fcdallas.com. The website brags of a great developmental program. I guess FC Dallas wished to take advantage of FC Dallas' reputation. I am just not sure that FC Dallas will appreciate the fact that FC Dallas stole their name. I am not real sure wht happens in the case of such controversy since FC Dallas had first claim to to the name and FC Dallas is apparently claim jumping. Quite clearly FC Dallas knew that FC Dallas existed as a soccer entity long before FC Dallas decided to use the name: "FC Dallas". What a mess for FC Dallas, and for FC Dallas as well. I think that their is pretty good case law to back FC Dallas. In any case, I'm sure that FC Dallas will prevail. It would be terrible for FC Dallas to have to change their name. That would just be way too confusing for the soccer community.

17. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    this is a great idea!! just one problem, really - i don't own nore plan on purchasing a suit. can you rent a plain old suit for fairly cheap? like way cheaper than a tux? i mean WAY cheaper?

18. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    that acutally made me laugh ....

19. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can borrow ElJefe's cheap ass suit.

[​IMG]

Red really looks good on you Zen.

20. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to K&G Men's Mart. They've got GREAT prices on good men's wear. You can get yourself halfway decent name-brand suit there for under $100.

Besides, there comes a time in every man's life when he needs a suit, even if you're a professional geek.

21. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    LMAO

duly noted, good sir. is that where you got yours?

22. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Every girl is crazy about a sharp dressed man"?

23. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why would that be worthy of bad rep? unless there is an insult in there that I missed. The only Herald I know is sthe Boston Herald and that's a pretty solid paper. It's no Boston Globe but what the heck.

24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Miami Herald....and believe me, you do NOT want to be compared to that piece of fish wrap.

25. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Miami Herald = Dan Lebatard = Total Crap.