News: USA Youngins - Group Hug

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by appoo, Oct 10, 2008.

1. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=580285&sec=us&cc=5901

"All the young guys, we're out there for the first time," Altidore said. "It's a bit of a change for us, so of course you know we all keep in touch, to see how each other is doing, whether it's Scotland, Sweden, France -- just to touch base with each other. Texting, e-mailing, IM-ing. We're all big on the Macs and I-chat, stuff like that."

And, Altidore said, staying close helps the togetherness whenever the youngster reconvene for national team duty.

"We have a bit of each other in every one of us," Altidore said, "and we all work hard for each other because we know that we can do it. We've played in tough games together, we've been through a lot of tough games, a lot of hostile environments."

2. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Encouraging for the future of the MNT... Solidarity can go a long way...

3. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    "Scotland, Sweden, France". What about Germany, Jozy? Nobody texting to Germany? That's a shame.:)

4. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    The greatest american left back (and he is right now) is too cool for texting. Oh... you meant Lord Suboticmort!

5. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Of course no Germany. Who would they be talking to, Bradley?

Pearce isn't part of that U-20/U-23 group. Subotic isn't part of any US group at this point.

6. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    Actually Bradley is their age. I was just taking the opportunity to quote Pearce and make a nerdy joke about Subotic

7. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I know Bradley is their age. It, too, was a joke.

I didn't catch the Pearce joke the first time though. Now I remember something of that quote.

8. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Sal zizzo plays in Germany

9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit, if I was one of these youngsters I sure as hell would be keeping up with Adu 'cause during an off weekend (if there's such) I'd be hoping over to his place and soaking up the Monte-Carlo nightlife. :D

all these youngsters have been around each other at Bradenton or the youth national team for many years and it is wonderful they all have a bond on and off the pitch. It makes work so much more enjoyable when you are surrounded by people you get along with. Eases the stress but also breads competition because you are vying for the same spots.

10. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    FYP