USA Women to play South Korea on June 14th

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Canadian_Supporter, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. grendel

grendel New Member

Nov 15, 2002
    US - S. Korea in SLC

U.S. Soccer announced today that the U.S. Women's National Team will face South Korea on Saturday, June 14, 2003, in Salt Lake City, Utah at Rice-Eccles Stadium on the campus of the University of Utah. The match, presented by the Utah Sports Commission, will kick off at 7 p.m. MT / 9 p.m. ET and be broadcast live on ESPN2.

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    That's a pretty big honking stadium considering the lack of folks the USWNT has brought in attendancewise in 2002 (excluding the Safeco matches).

I was down in that neck of the woods for the Winter Olys and discovered this kickass pizza place on the edge of the UofU campus..."The Pie (but it's the PI symbol)". Very cheesy pizzas so take the Lactaid if you can't handle dairy products.

I certainly hope soccer organizations in the region (including southeastern Idaho) really help pimp this match.

4. Wade Bills

Wade Bills New Member

Oct 15, 2000
    West Jordan, UT
    Excited the women's team is coming here to Utah. Hopefully we can get a good showing. The stadium holds about 45000 (was 50000 for the Olympics with some temporary bleachers) and when the Utah Blitzz team plays home games there in front of 3000-4000, the place looks empty.

Women's sports is a tough draw here. The WBNA team moved to San Antonio a few months ago and about the college women's team that draws around here is the Univ. of Utah women's gymnastics team (which is sort of a different crowd anyway) which consistently gets 10000 fans a match.

"The Pie" definitely is the place to go for pizza here in Salt Lake. They had a small fire there a few months ago, but the place survived and is still open for business.

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike