USA vs. Venuzuela :Official Pre and Post Match Activities in Seattle

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bandeirante, Dec 24, 2002.

1. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Pike Place Market. There's definitely a Pike Street, but it's the Pike Place Market.

Sorry. I'm being a fussbudget. The rest of Banderiante's post is spot on. Kell's is just north of the Market on Post Alley. Hope to meet all of you there Friday night!

2. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    A slight change in plans means that Kell's is out for me on Friday night. That's alright though, I'll save a bit of cash for more brews for the pre-game on Saturday and my lungs will be fresh for the match.

3. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My on-again, off-again trip is now, and finally, on! I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at Kell's. Andy and Vince, it'll be good to see you folks, as always. DragonFly, you're Colin that I met in Korea, right? Looking forward to seeing you again, too!

FYI, if anyone is still looking for a room, I found a little hotel a couple blocks away from Kell's for $59/night. It's called the Commodore Motor Hotel. The reviews on Yahoo were iffy, but I know I've stayed in worse!

Mark

4. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason I kept thinking Pike Square, but that didn't sound right, so I played it safe... thanks for the clarification. What did you expect, I'm from the other side of the mountains...

5. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be afraid, be very afraid... just kidding, I don't know the place.

6. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    S'OK. I've got family over there. The next time there's a Northwest qualifier, I'm going to buy some tickets for them.

Don't know much about the Commodore. Heck, I'm drawing a blank trying to picture it in my mind, but the address definitely indicates it's within stumbling distance of Kell's.

7. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's probably above that homeless mission across from the Deja Vu... but hey, look at the bright side, the meals downstairs are free.

8. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    No, they're up on Second. I'm trying to picture it, but all I can think of is the motel on Fifth and the one on Sixth that's right by McDonald's and across the street from the Westin.

Bah. I need to get my sleep. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow evening, if I really feel like fighting the traffic.

9. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stumbling distance was the plan!
    However, I found four more one-star reviews at tripadvisor.com, so I think I'll take another look today to see if I can find something a step or two up to average.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...Commodore_Motor_Hotel-Seattle_Washington.html

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You want me to mail the ECG or bring it to you at Kell's?

11. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll pick it up at Kell's; that'll be good airplane reading on Sunday -- thanks!

12. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am preparing to leave in mere hours. Four hour drive and voila, our crew of 8 will be in Seattle... see everyone there and travel safe!!!

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Leaving in a couple hours. wh00p!

14. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    BTW.. I'm staying at a Crown Plaza a mile away from SafeCo. Is SafeCo near Seahawk Stadium, Kells or Pyamid?

15. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Safeco is due east across the street from Pyramid and south like two blocks from Seahawk. You can't help but see them looming above you, so you will have no problem.

16. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SafeCo and Seahawk Stadium are basically next to each other, in the south-of-downtown area where the Kingdome used to be. Pyramid is right across the street from, um, one of them. Kells is somewhat further away, I don't know exactly where.

17. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah and Kells is about a mile north through Pioneer Square and on to Pike Place Market. Its a good stretch of the legs, but littered with many a good pub to break up the trip. Make sure to stop at Fado on the way...

18. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leaving my office in downtown L.A. now!!

My flight is in 4 hours!!

And I'll arrive in Seattle in about 7 hours.

Can't wait!! See ya all at Kell's tonight!!!

Sould be quite a night!!!!!!

19. Guinness Gulper '02

Guinness Gulper '02 New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Coeur d' Alene Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes it was! unforgettable!

20. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Who's the newbie?

21. Guinness Gulper '02

Guinness Gulper '02 New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Coeur d' Alene Idaho
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to the outhouse mavrick it isnt about how many posts but whether or not you have something to say my friend and as a leeds fan you have nothing to say, oh is that your wife calling? go do some dishes or something!

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  23. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Excellent photos Andy, thanks. Had a great time this weekend, looking forward to many more.

24. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a fantastic weekend! Even though there were less fans at the game and at some of the functions, I had much more fun this time than last year with Honduras. Probably because we sat with the supporters, but the pre-game at Pyramid was a definite hit! And the post game at Fado was great as well! I thank all the die hards that made it great for me: Fire Girls, Atouk, Marcel, Jay and the whole DC contingent(I'll forgive you guys for being United fans...), Andy Mead, NNCRed and wife (basically our kin from Idaho, see you this summer), Delta Blues and his son in law with whom I have worked(?!), GalaxyFan from LA(rock on brother) and the rest of Sam's Army and US Supporters whose names I can't remember. Also, who can forget the locals: TC Mahoney, Holland and the rest!! Thank you all and until next time, I raise my pint!

25. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Couldn't make Fado's or Kell's because of family commitments, but I had loads of fun at the game and at Pyramid. It's just a shame that security had to be such a pain at the game.

Spokane boys, we'll see ya at Kell's this summer. I'll be clad in red with perhaps a hoops scarf as accent.