News: USA vs. Mexico in Philly. August 10.

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by UnionFreak1, Jul 8, 2011.

1. pwolenter1

pwolenter1 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    So back when this news broke, I asked all my friends and for various reason, nobody wanted in on it.

Once the coaching switch and the young rosters were announced and they thought about it for a few days...everyone decides it's a great idea to go.

(I need new friends)

1) Too late to buy AO supporter tickets I assume, right?

2) Assuming it's too late to buy from AO/Ticketmaster, mind me asking what sections in the Link we're in so I can check on StubHub?

3) At the very least, any clue which sections Mexico supporters are in so we DON'T wind up there somehow?

Muchas gracias

2. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    type support or whatever the supporter code was for the GC Final on ticketmaster. Thats how you can get supporter section tickets.

3. Impele

Impele New Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an extra AO (supporters section) ticket I am looking to sell if anyone needs one. Send me a PM, friend was supposed to come down from NJ for the game but can't now.

4. Penn-Union

Penn-Union New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Swarthmore, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    schedule freed up last minute, and I am now looking for a ticket for tomorrow night. if anyone is looking to unload a ticket, pm me with location and what you want for it. thanks!

5. letschopcats

letschopcats Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    got an extra ticket in 221 for $53 because a friend backed out. PM if interested. i can meet you down there before the game

6. Glhwcu

Glhwcu Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys know if they sell the commemorative type scarves which are sole at the U friendlies? Forgive my ignorance, first USMNT game, price sucked, but still psyched to see the game. Not sure what were doing for tailgating but if people are interested to meet up before for a few drinks pm me.

7. gta95

gta95 Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we end up gravitating toward the Jetro lot like usual but who knows

8. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They sell commemorative pins, but not scarves from what I have seen.

9. elreeso55

elreeso55 Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes I just don't get it. What can possibly make you yell racist things at people you have never met? How can you possibly hate somebody you've never spoken too? I was at the USA v. Mexico and some of the racism at this game was absolutely unacceptable tonight. If I heard one more person start a chant about green card, or call someone a racist slur I won't mention, I was going to go insane. I'm all for yelling and chanting about the other team. Chant Mexico sucks! USA USA USA! all you want. But the racist stuff is not tolerable. I ended up leaving in the 89' minute due to some of the f'ing a'holes who decided to start yelling at my brother and I for hating America, called our friend f*****t, and just trying to create a conflict. We left before anything escalated. Granted, we with our English friend who was just there to see some football and enjoys making jokes that sometime may stir the pot. In the end, he was cheering for the USA as much as anyone else because he was as happy as everyone else when the boys tied it up. I guess some people just can't pick up others are joking. But to the a'holes who called him a f*****t as he was leaving, and were making racist comments and chants all game need to take a hard look at themselves.

Sorry. Just really needed to vent after that conflict.

10. behumble

behumble New Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    [​IMG]

11. local136RiverRat

Oct 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    There were a few douches on both sides, but for the most part it was fun and good spirited.

12. Husher315

Husher315 Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Narberth
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really have to say l was disappointed with the AO tonight. There was barely any chanting. We were right next to them and there was nothing. We started to start some chants ourselves, but it wasn't catching on. Being in the SOB, I expected a lot more fan interaction on the US side. We were totally blown away by the Mexicans

Instead all I saw over there were people throwing beer...in the front row.

13. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to a viewing tonight, & usually you can hear AO loud & clear through the sound on the broadcasts (examples: US vs. Columbia & US vs. Turkey), but tonight, it was piss poor. We didn't hear one chant during the entire viewing. Hell, it sounded like the bar was louder than the stadium. Maybe its time for some people to cut back on drinking. ;) Also, nice to see a 40k show up to this game, compared to 56k for Real Madrid/Union. Club over country?
    I do not represent AOTucson. Its my own opinion

14. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More Integrity on Big Soccer please.

15. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Always club over country.

1 person likes this.
  16. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see... international = not american - check
    Mexican - even though their nationality, can be derrogative - check
    Say anything to get people's tempers going - check.

Stereotypes exist for a reason, because they are easy to spot (sometimes). When you add in the obvious, as well as a country of people who many consider are stealing working class jobs (that no americans want to do tbh) then that adds in the flavor of degrading speech.

Speaking of stereotypes, on very unrelated note.... effing hipsters

17. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just read that only 30K showed up. NICE JOB PHILLY! :cool:

18. McRob

McRob Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eleven games in the US this year. How many do you think had 30k in attendance?

19. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    mistimed, mispriced, etc. + it was only a friendly

Had the game started at 7, or even better on a weekend, a lot more folks would have shown up

20. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well there was the Chile match at Home Depot that drew 27k. Then there was Argentina, which was a sell out. Then there was the match against Paraquay in the dirty south that drew 29k. Then there was the match against Spain that was a sell out. Then the Canada match drew 28k. Then the Panama match drew 27k. Then Guadeloupe had 21k. Jamaica was a sell out. Panama was a sell out. & the Gold Cup Final was a sell out.
    The main reason I have been ripping the Philly attendance is because I am so ********ing frustrated with USSoccer. You are hosting a match where your only goal is to make money. & yet they put it in a place with NO LATINO population. WTF! The golden opportunity for PHX, the Bay Area, or Seattle to have there 1st game in 4 years, & they put it in Philly for the 3rd time in a year. Are YOU SHITTING ME! Plus the topping on the cake is the rumor that the home friendly in October/November will be in Hartford. Im still just in shock that a money making match against Mexico wasn't played in Mexico (AZ).

21. Glhwcu

Glhwcu Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree we were blown away by Mexico, mainly because 90% of the stadium was green. I was in the AO section, atleast from there we were chanting loud all game, heck I have no voice this morning. But then again it could just be because I was in the section I thought it was loud. Sorry?

22. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fail.

23. sccaflagger74

sccaflagger74 Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Media, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or difference of opinion. But it's much easier to simply say "Fail" I suppose.

24. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, no Latinos whatsoever in the Philadelphia metropolitan region, much less the Delaware Valley.

25. unholyunion

unholyunion Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We profusely apologize for your lack of what we would call a club in that the only team you CAN root for is the USMNT :p

I wonder what that 5 block radius of mexican restaurants, delis, and such is near me then.

Philly the 3rd time in a year, with higher prices on a weekday is the problem... but what was the 2nd match in philly? (1st Turkey, 2nd - ?, 3rd Mexico, 4-profit)