USA vs. Korea DPR 9/11/07

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by Crimson Ace, Sep 10, 2007.

1. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    Classy and dangerous buildup by NK earns a corner

2. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    man I thought that was in...

Lilly is all over the field. I see her playing defense on the left, and suddenly she's putting in crosses from the right.

Foudy's probably right... the US's best hope is to convert a set piece or two. Unless they finally get into an attacking rhythm.

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm not a big fan of the lofty corner kicks beyond the goal. There already is a height advantage. Why not take some of the height off of them?

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it me or is Boxx's recovery step slow.

It is pouring buckets out there.

5. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    Neither am I... not every time at least.

6. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    i have to disagree with JP that a draw would be an "upset"...

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Yellow card to Rampone

8. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're taking too many last minute slides and not able to get up and track the player fast enough. Of course, we're taking the last minute dive b/c ???

Ok, what just happened? Oh, replay. Right, Rampoine w/ the yellow.

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    1 min left of stoppage

10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Halftime. I give the edge in the run of play to North Korea. The US has looked dangerous on set pieces. The US looks slow and NK is showing themselves to be a better technical team with their runs, passes, and dribbling. The US is going to need to make some changes. North Korea is clogging everything and the US is having trouble in the midfield so the forwards are having trouble creating. NK is pressuring everything.

11. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USA looks a bit shaken. The three midfielders are not holding the ball. TOO MANY LONG BALLS. WE work so hard on winning the 50/50 ball, but it's immediately played high and long. I want to see more short passes through the mid. Change to a 343 first of all, play the ball around the wings, and immediately hit it back towards the middle and go for goal. I can't stress it enough, stop the long balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, bad work on the set pieces. I can't believe we haven't converted one of those yet! Mix it up a little bit, play short, or even cross to the near post. It's all been back post to Abby. Come on. North Korea is smarter than that!

12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to see if Ryan is the sort of coach that can make changes at half and get improved results/play. Or if he's not able to adjust tactics/etc as the game progresses.

13. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    I'd like to see better control of the midfield and more possession. They haven't been able to string together too many passes. I really don't want them to be the team that has to resort to hoping for a set piece because they can't create anything during the run of play... but if so, they need to convert some of those corners. Exploit the height advantage.

And I agree with Foudy. NK definitely has the edge.

14. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Anyone think we might see these two teams again in the final? I don't remember ever seeing a women's game played at this fast a pace by both sides. Great stuff.

JP still annoys the hell out of me though.

15. kcguru

kcguru Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Anyone think we're gonna see some line up changes for the 2nd half?

16. Bookthekeeper

Bookthekeeper Member

Jul 15, 2007
    DFW
    I figured NK would come out and play like this. Afterall, team USA is the team to beat. The fact that they are underdogs combined with the political overtones of the 2 countries, its no surprise NK is gunning for the US. Now I expect to see the US's poise and experience win the day. If the US can keep the NK numbers off the scorecard, the possibility that the US will put 1 or 3 up as NK tires out will become a greater possibility as time goes on.

17. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    This match is playing out like a semi-final, not the first match in group play.

18. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt this North Korean team will tire out this game. They know what's on the line. Especially with this home crowd behind them, they'll be up for this game for sure. When you're holding the USA 0-0, sheer adrenaline will keep you from tiring out during the game.

19. drahnier

drahnier Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Sweden
    Good morning America.

Don't worry you're bound to score on a freekick or corner at some point.

20. mathisfan13

mathisfan13 New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Ohio
    Guess we'll see about the final part, but I agree with you about the speed of play. Watched a lot of soccer lately and this is impressive.

21. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. Welcome to the Group of Death.

Re: Midfield. Honestly, I know the US likes to set their game and make people come to them but here, I think 3 in midfield puts us in a disadvantage. I'd like to see either Lilly or O'Rielly pushed back into the middle. It would help w/ posession.

22. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok ill see you guys at fulltime

23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ...and the second half has begun.

24. USArsenalLFC

USArsenalLFC New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I won't be surprised if North Korea win this match, they should be leading US at least 1-0 in this match. The States are just not playing fluently enought and thier counter attacks are too slow. JP saying a draw will be an upset was one of the stupidest comments i've seen on the forum.

25. speedoblobb

speedoblobb New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    CHAPEL HILL
    I agree. After watching the Germany game yesterday again on tape. It was way slower than this game. Second half. GO USA!