USA vs. Jamaica veiwing party in Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by socrne1, Nov 17, 2004.

1. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know of another bar on the Northside (besides Gingers) that would be showing this game. Sick of Gingers not opening up their back room for the US games and the piss poor quality of their tv's just suck. Is that new soccer bar open that Gingers owners are making into their soccer specific bar? What's it called - The Globe, or possibly another place.

Also tired of having being put into the middle room of Gingers in place of some foreign based game that is a couple hours old, anyone else think they give foreign based games better treatment? Oh yeah bah-humbug while I'm at it.

2. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Go to the fundraiser! :)

But yes, go to the globe usually if you are in the area. Will have a localised bar/pub/restaurant listing on section8chicago.com before long.

3. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    SmallBar Wicker Park - on Division near Damen - Viewing party, fundraiser, raffle, big choice of beers

4. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    If SmallBar isn't too inconvenient for you, give it a shot.

The Globe (owned by one of the former principals at Ginger's) has four giant digital projection tvs in the back room plus lots of regular ones in the bar area. They've been very accomodating to Fire fans and are, in fact, the official bar of the Fire. Near Damen and Irving Park, they may be more convenient for you if you're up north a bit.

5. socrne1

socrne1 Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 12, 2003
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks everyone I appreciate it. Not to knock Gingers really, it just seems that they treat the USA games as a hassle for them, and turning on the sound is like pulling teeth. Sounds like the globe is the first choice, but I do want to get down to the smallbar at some point.