USA vs Jamaica 11/17/04 - First hand accounts from Cbus

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by nyrmetros, Nov 18, 2004.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

i can understand not picking it up

but if that's the case... move in and once you get what's going on... move back out

because it takes 15 minutes to get... tops

because everything was very simple... i was doing the lo-lo-lo-lo's, even though they weren't being done... because it was the same cheer... just different sound (same beat, same cheer... just different filler... so it worked... hell, the fire fans with me all did the same as i)

2. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i still can't believe the "red and black, just like the nazis" is being overlooked entirely

that was disturbingly in horrible taste

i mean really, really bad

and the sadder part is that crew fans are saying that is done all the time at crew games... wtf is wrong with them????

yeah, swearing is bad... but it is 100% equal opportunity and is simply not the best thing... but that!!?!?! that's completely over the top and should never be done

people say chicago does bad things because of the ultras... but from everything i've seen in the four years i've been doing games with section 8... that chant in columbus takes the cake for easily the worst thing ever uttered

and i recall a fire game where we chanted "fukc you ref" for virtually the entire second half in a 1-1 tie with san jose in naperville (blown pk call in favor of san jose, thus the 1-1 tie)

i tried to start something different the two times it happened... but no one would follow me... i was ********ing sick to my stomach...and the people who came with me couldn't belive it was done either... that was ********ing stupid as all hell

3. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not that i have a problem with swearing in general. I'm all about telling people they suck. But I just can't bring myself to call someone an @$$hole just because he's on the other team. Now if he does something to warrant being called an @$$hole, then that's a different story.

And i agree that the nazi reference is in poor taste.

4. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed on the nazi chant...VERY poor taste.

"Ricketts is an illness", OTOH...

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Totally agree, I don't even know who started the chant and who was saying it but I sure as hell didn't partake nor did anyone around me in the front row of the Northend.
    I attended every Crew game the past few years and I have never heard this chat before. Of course I don't sit in the Northend but to be honest I have never heard it and hope to never hear it again...

6. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard it once or twice this year. It's not an every game occurence, but it really shouldn't have any occurences.

7. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I just left out the a**hole portion. YOU SUCK is good enough.

8. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that it seems that most people have put in their 2-cents on the YSA chant after a goal kick, how about coming up with something that won't offend, but is still funny (or the like) so that maybe next time we're on national TV and the sound in SA is turned up, maybe Rob Stone or Balboa will comment on how we've got our act together or comment on our creativity. Even if it's different from game-to-game, I think that a cheer/chant following a goal-kick would be easy to organize and can be fun(ny).

9. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I barely heard it. I did hear the word Nazi once, and immediately decided that I wanted no part in this cheer.