USA vs. Honduras (CNL Semifinal): June 3, 2021, Denver, CO

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Eddie Stiel, Apr 15, 2021.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder

Silicus meet Eddie, Eddie meet silicus

silicus repped this.
  2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Insiders/Circle members should have received their code and time in an email last nite.

VIP Insider opens at 10am MST today not sure about the other tiers.

AO will send out something first of next week. They have sections/tix blocked off and reserved.

Min order still 2 tix regardless.

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  3. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Organizers are likely counting on pent up demand and restricted capacity to raise prices compared to the original scheduled dates. Of course, these matches feature the most popular national team in the United States, El Tri.

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Fyi. Insiders VIP code didn't yield any different results from the original code.

5. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, like almost always, these presale codes open up the entire ticket inventory. Even without a code, one can see the available tickets by zooming in on the sections.

I got the email about 30 minutes ago. The code worked even though my presale begins at 12 PM MT.

Public health officials have been preaching social distancing for over a year. You can't be more distanced than being alone. Even so, promoters won't sell single tickets to sporting events because it eats into their ticket profits.

6. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Ticketmaster general on sale yields the same results, a two ticket minimum.

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    AO sales coming shortly, will also be 2 tix min.

8. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017
    Does anyone know the actual kickoff times of these games? I’m seeing 4:30pm local time but not sure if that’s confirmed.

9. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waiting on AO....

10. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    According to the venue's website, the semifinal doubleheader starts at 5:30 PM and the 3rd Place/Finals doubleheader starts at 4:30 PM.

Starman* and wixson7 repped this.
  11. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    AO/Sammers/Insiders links are available. Got mine yeah!

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    For AO, the link they sent in their email doesn't work, use the one on their members only page.

Once in, you can select what supporters group you are in but it doesn't give you any sections or anything yet.

13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I found the Organized Supporters Section Promo Code on the open US Soccer website, which defeats the purpose of having a paid membership. I would never have thought to look there without @wixson7's post.

From my US Soccer Account Manager, I must buy a minimum of two tickets using that code. However, when I click on "Standard Availablility," I have the option to buy one AO Member ticket, even though I am not a member. The process is so goofy and disorganized. The prices are high also; $75 for the semis, $85 for the Third Place/Finals vs. $40 and $45 for the cheapest Ticketmaster seats. Of course, TM adds fees.

Still out. Maybe the overseers will expand capacity and free up single tickets later. I doubt that will happen and I sense that ticket sales won't be that great.

14. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same for Sammers. Link isn't working. They are hoping to have email out in next few hours once working.

15. slider4CU

slider4CU Member

Borussia Dortmund
    United States
    Apr 12, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bought Finals tickets. More expensive than I anticipated, but a US Mexico Finals match was too good to turn down.

wixson7 repped this.
  16. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A buddy of mine in Denver is joining me on Sunday for the Final and 3rd Place match but I am still looking for someone to join me for the Semis on Thursday since I got a pair for that match as well. DM me if interested. They are Sec 106, Row 6!!!

17. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh oh. I just realize he is a Quakes fan! I grew up in Silicon Valley but went to LA to go to UCLA 92-96 [golden age of UCLA soccer players like Brad Friedel, Cobi Jones (1991 grad but on campus all the time), Greg Vanney, Kevin Hartman, Frankie Hejduk, Eddie Lewis, Ante Razov, Jorge Salcedo (currently in prison but was good at the soccer), and Sigi Schmid (as coach and past alumni!)]. I stuck around LA until 2016 and returned home to Silicon Valley a Galaxy fan!

But I'll set things aside for the Stars and Stripes! Just DM me if interested in joining me for the Thursday Semi matches (I already have someone for the Sunday matches).

wixson7 repped this.
  18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Game times:

June 3 semifinals
    USA v Honduras, 5:30 pm MT
    Mexico v Costa Rica, 8 MT

June 6
    Third place: 4:30 MT
    Final: 7 MT

19. ukraine76

ukraine76 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi fellow fans.
    I am traveling the semifinals (can't do the final) alone and would like to pair up with someone to get 2 tickets for that game and split the cost. Or perhaps, you already bought 2 and are looking to get rid of 1.
    I am fully vaccinated if that matters. Please pm me of interested.
    Thanks!

silicus and slider4CU repped this.
  20. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    From USSoccer:

Tickets will be transferred between May 27-30 to the email address used to make the purchase

slider4CU repped this.
  21. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    An email from US Soccer about the Costa Rica match in Sandy, UT got me poking around their website.

The Match Hub page for the CNL matches still says, "*Pods of 1 are not available in the Organized Supporters Section." However, now the US Soccer Account Manager page allows you to purchase only one ticket. The regular Ticketmaster pages still have a two ticket minimum.

22. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    AO Night Before Parties at the Celtic!
    Wednesday June 2nd
    Saturday June 5th

Tailgate (great location by the way):
    On both game days, AO Denver will be hosting a big-time tailgate at Tivoli Brewing!

vs. Thursday June 3rd 1:00 - 4:30
    vs. / Sunday June 6th 1:00 - TBA

We will have the indoor taproom, outdoor patio with the grill and the Tivoli Quad ⚽ to enjoy before the march over to Mile High Stadium.

slider4CU and silicus repped this.
  23. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont' want to start a thread about this tho if mods object to this as OT let me know.

I can't travel to this game and it appears that despite having Sling I dont' get any of the channels it's on--Paramount+ (???), TUDN, or Univision.

Any suggestions for how to catch it live online instead? I know sometimes Univision does streams via their website. Thanks for any suggestions, would suck to miss this one.

24. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Paramount Plus has a seven day free trial for new subscribers. Univision and Unimas are available over the air on television in most large media markets.

um_chili repped this.
  25. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I have 2 tix for Thursday if anyone needs. Supporters section, $75/tix. Face.

Can sell just 1 if need be, doesn't have to be both.