USA vs Germany 2002 in ESPN CLASSIC...?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by whip, Oct 19, 2009.

1. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    What do we need to do to push for this particular game to be presented in ESPN with a panel of professional soccer Analist to dispell the rumor that USA was fook by FIFA referees...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXQvQLUj6No"]YouTube - USA vs. Germany 2002 World Cup Highlights[/ame]

2. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Preferably nothing. I could go the rest of my life without seeing that game again. To this day this is the only sporting event that I've cried over at end of it.

3. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

In my perception someway somehow FIFA referees have been screwing us not only in 2002 but 4 years later in 2006

In this game I see a Ghanian player kick Claudio Reina take the ball and score while the referee look the other way... And if that was a penalty my granny is a NASCAR RACER

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCLXoSyqPU"]YouTube - Round 3. Ghana vs USA 2-1 (Fifa Highlights)[/ame]

4. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that the US are an easy patsy.

The US press puts no pressure on FIFA. The US' opposition is almost always more educated as a footie nation.

As another point, I have no faith in FIFA. They arent to be trusted. With so much money moving from nation to nation, who knows what lies beneath the surface of that racket.

All I know is that every time the US team plays international football, it looks like they are playing against the officials. The officials do not protect them in CONCACAF when the other nations try to rough them up. They call the games differently for the US and whatever Euro or South American team they happen to be playing as well. The refs protect the other teams from US fouls and neglect to do the same for the Americans.

I hate ref bias, and it just so happens that ref bias against the US soccer team is the worst out of any of our domestic American sports. Its worse than NBA superstar bias.

5. withoutthee88

withoutthee88 Red Card

Aug 23, 2008
    Chicago/USA
    The World Cup that made me a fan of the sport.

6. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone is interested in a DVD copy of the match with UK commentary (as seen on TSN and SBS), let me know and well discuss. My complete collection can be found on the link in my signature.

7. andorj78

andorj78 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Getzville, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about USA 3 Portugal 2 instead?

8. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have that with UK commentary as well.

Check out my collection at the link in my signature.

9. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i remember very good at this game..
    USA played actually very well...but as in mostly cases: Germans won..
    we won and played in the finale of the world cup 2002...with Rudi Völler as coach..
    it was good time for us...despite we had not that so good team that time as we have now..
    but we played in finale..

USA was good..actually this game made me a fan of Landon Donovan and USMNT..
    i also liked USA-Portugal game..when I had forecasted that USA will win and earned some money with my bet...

before world cup 2002 I had no idea about USMNT, I was not interested in US soccer..
    now I like to have a look at news about US soccer...knows many of your players..
    some of them played or play in Germany...and if i know they are from USA, I like to watch them..

USA had good world cup that time...i hope you will have good time in next world cup as well..

good luck, my friends:)

maybe we will meet in world cup again...
    but remember: Germans will win again:)

10. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    we will have to bet. :)

11. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    o.k we can bet..

i bet that if USA plays against Germany in the world cup, Germany will win

i guess you have opposite bet

12. ChelseaMatt

ChelseaMatt Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Memphis
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are clearly insane. It should have been a handball.

13. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    The Reyna thing was NOT a foul. You can see Reyna's damn slow ass try to take the ball the other way, the Ghanaian gets his foot on the ball (and Reyna's knee, but at the same time as the ball). Its a 50-50 and Reyna, who never should have played on this WC team, lost out.

The penalty however, well, your granny is no Nascar racer. That was the worst call Ive ever seen.

14. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Not sure what youre trying to say, but this game was almost 8 years ago, get over it. Nothings going to be done.

Karma however, always seems to come around in this game so we are up for some good luck or some good calls soon. Thats the way I look at it :D

15. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Karma doesnt exist. Under the premise of Karma, explain abortion from the childs perspective to me.

2) The US havent gotten calls since 1994, and they didnt get that many then. FIFA and CONCACAF are political organizations. The US wont have any reciprocal "karma" until they have some political pull.

16. MSUDuo

MSUDuo Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Missouri
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did we really need to pull that back out? I can't believe I just watched that. Now I'm upset again. Thanks a lot

17. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They become angels

18. convergecrew

convergecrew New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I said, IN THIS GAME. Did you read my post?

The rest of your comment doesnt deserve a response. Unless I missed the part where abortion and the World Cup are related.

19. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    The U.S. performance in the 1998 World Cup was an abortion. :D

20. andorj78

andorj78 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Getzville, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game never bothered me as much as the majority of USA fans.

I mean, yeah what if they DO call the penalty and we get a penalty and the man advantage?

Kahn was unreal that game. Do we even score? Even then it's only 1-1 with Extra Time & penalties looming with Kahn still in net.

I'm also a Buffalo sports fan so I kind of compare it to Brett Hull's Game 6 Cup winning goal. So what if it is waved off? Dallas may have still won that night later in OT. And even if the Sabres take Game 6 are they really going down to Dallas and pulling out Game 7?

Too many what ifs to really get overly upset about.

21. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    The Ghanian Player hit Reina knee with his knee and goes down that is a foul all over the planet about the penalty that was the way the referee warrantee that usa was going out and Ghana move to the next stage...

People... This is only the tip of the iceberg whenever we talk about USA get screw by bias referees on World soccer Tournament and what I am trying to accomplish is to raise the awareness of USA fans and our meaguer soccer media so this call are expose