Post-match: USA vs. Barbados (6/15 1st leg)

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Nutmeg, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    in st pete in 2005, the russian models at the hotel desks lack brains, their sole purpose in life was hooking up with rich business men and having fun...

if you really needed their "hotel" front desk skill, ya wuz outta luck..

2. JoeMax

JoeMax New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Dempsey touch the ball on the kickoff or did two US players score o their first touch?

3. involution

involution New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    san diego
    I feel so lucky to have been able to see this game live. The team looked good. I entered the game after the first three goals...didn't realize I'd be able to see five+ more. Sitting right behind the net second half was amazing!

I enjoyed the line-up. always sweet to see beasley. the man is a rock. he gives every single ounce of his soul to the way he plays - it's truly inspiring.

I was really glad to see adu shine. I thought he did a good job, except as I stated before - he held the ball a step to long - other than that he had great tenacity and some nice through balls, aggressive and he didn't give up - soooo imperative to that position. I like the kids style - I think he'll do great if given the opportunity to shine. He just has to get his balls off sooner :D

Landon always looks great and that goal on the free kick even caught me by surprise and I was sitting right behind the net. I like the way he always waves to the fans when he leaves. I think it's really important and something all the national team should have to do. There was some great triangles made between him and beasley and adu - ching thrown in the mix...that was great ball to watch, exciting.

it's only going to get harder from here on out and I think the fellas know that.

I liked the lineup - hope bradley keeps it. let these guys get used to one another. I really liked adu in the center - he's got great potential, we just need him to be ready NOW and he could possibly be if he fine tunes a few things. He could be an amazing player, someone that everyone can look up to - he's just got to play team ball - he's got to make the right decisions every time and not get too flustered. easier said then done, I know.

Dempsy is a personal favorite but I can't help but think that he's been partying in england...

there's more I could say, but it's all just jumbled words waiting to form sentences so I will stop here.

I had a great time at the game and hope the fellas come back to the depot soon. I don't think I will be able to see that many goals hit the net from so many rockstars anytime soon.

4. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You clearly watched the wrong game. The collective wisdom of BS has said that the US played like crap and we should never play Ching again and Eddie Johnson is God and Edson Buddle is His back-up.

I think the beer and sun got to you, clearly

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't forget that Gooch and 'Dolo aren't worth the air it takes to say their names, either.

Did I miss anything?

:p

5. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Fire Bradley and bench his son.

6. DCDeacon

DCDeacon New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Annandale, VA
    I didn't take away much from the match other than the fact that anyone who gets beat to the ball regularly by someone that plays for Barbados should be ashamed of themselves. I finally had enough in the second half and yelled out "Brian! Stop getting beat to the ball by BARBADOS!" Quite a few folks sitting around me seemed to agree.

There's just no excuse for letting someone that much less talented beat you to a ball you're supposed to be checking to but instead stop and allow the guy marking you to step in front like that. It's just ridiculous.

7. studloans

studloans Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Kingwood, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So tell me what you really think!!!
    I agree with both Bradley comments.

8. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. We also lost the game 5-0. :D

9. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    BB gets fired means peter nowak becomes manager...

10. Mr Martin

Mr Martin Member+

Jun 12, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Threats will get you nowhere... ;)

11. Adam Zebrowski

May 28, 1999
    if BB get ill, nowak heads the list...

post 2010, a continued good run from gullit, i'd make him a favorite to get an interview minimally, although he might be looking for bigger fish to fry