USA v Italy in-game [R]

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by nsa, Oct 22, 2003.

1. cfan

cfan New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    UNC vs WNT

I agree with speedoblobb, UNC gets the college kids. My money is on UNC. I'm always disappointed when someone is down on a player just because they go to UNC. They may never have even watched the player. Maybe the best players go to UNC because the challenge will make them an even better player.

Also in regard to the younger players not understanding the representation of the US and just in it for the money. You obviously didn't watch any of the U-19 World Championship in 2002. I'd gather those kids up today to play against the WNT also. Again U-19's get Tarpley and Chalupny

2. speedoblobb

speedoblobb New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    CHAPEL HILL
    It used to amaze me how well I could play when I laid off playing for a few months. It is much more fun when you are deprived of a pleasure for a length of time (sex, alcohol, etc. included). I think that the NATS play too much and thus it would be better to diversify.

3. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Re: Re: Who?

My Bad!

4. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
  5. auger9

auger9 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Ontario
    !!

6. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I'll disagree with that. We had some bad luck with Ms. Rose. Unfortunate was her decision but she still is a great player. Wagner on the other hand should have become a better player by playing in the WUSA.

"Admittedly, Italy played much better than I thought they were capable of. How did this team lose out to ICELAND (and Russia) in World Cup qualifying? Or barely beat Switzerland and fail to beat Finland in Euro 2005 qualifying? This is another feather in the cap for the European women."

Well, Russia can play a strong game on defense. Call it a bunker. Iceland was not good. But I think the thing is that Italy no longer fears us.

7. sexysadie

sexysadie Red Card

Sep 29, 2003
    somewhere on earth
    Some of you here sound like players who were cut from the USWNT roster & try to get even with AH, just kidding.....

8. Elroy

Elroy New Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Hmm...

And...Some here sound like the "Eternals" or yheir family members.

9. Julius

Julius New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    Final score from Wednesday

USA women 2, Italy 2. Crowd at Arrowhead Stadium in KANSAS CITY, Mo. 18,263. Note of interest, Italy stunned the U.S. team and the crowd by scoring just 11 seconds into the match, most likely the quickest goal ever allowed in U.S. Women's National Team history. Right off the opening kickoff, midfielder Katia Serra gathered the ball and pushed through a Shannon Boxx tackle, then squared the ball to the always- dangerous Patrizia "The Scorpion" Panico, who split the U.S. defense with a perfect first-time ball to fellow striker Ilaria Pasqui. The Italian forward then beat U.S. goalkeeper Siri Mullinix to the ball and slipped her shot into the lower left corner. "That was not the start we had in mind," said Julie Foudy. "That might be the understatement of the year."
    More info AP: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...023/ap_on_sp_so_ga_su/soc_italy_united_states , USsoccer.com http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=45413 , ESPN: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=281207&cc=5901 I would suggest that the other posters to please post the final score of any USA women's soccer game and links about the game like I just did.

10. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Time to buy yourself a new pair of suspenders.

Sponsors, TV contracts next on USA's agenda

11. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Disney/ABC was blasted in the story. As well they should. After all, their only Emmy-winning prime-time show is on hiatus.

FIRE MICHAEL EISNER!!!!!

12. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas