USA v Ghana (Friendly): July 1 - East Hartford, CT

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, May 1, 2017.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  2. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    guys, if youve never been to Hartford then....um....this is a chance to go to Hartford?

3. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow Member

Jul 3, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Hartford for Landon's last game. If I wasn't hitting the 3 Gold Cup group matches already, I would definitely hit this game up.

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    AO tix update:
    https://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/articles/ao-tickets-usmnt-vs.-ghana

The Basics

Opponent: Ghana
    Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017
    Time: 4:45pm ET
    Price: $31 (member) / $34 (non-member)
    Quantity: Four (4) per member
    Sections: 108-113
    General Admission: YES (by section)
    Ticket Type: Physical tickets, printed and mailed by U.S. Soccer. Questions? Contact USSF at tickets@ussoccer.org
    DEADLINE: June 16th. Any tickets purchased after this date will require a pick up at Will Call.

Night Before
    June 30, 2017

The Tavern Downtown
    201 Ann Uccello St.
    Hartford, CT 06103
    7pm ET

5. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    definitely hitting up this match...thinking about bringing my son for his first cap, weather depending

wixson7 repped this.
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in CT so probably bringing my kids to this one.

The Outlaws sections (108-111) are a bit too loud/roudy for my kids, so I was thinking of going to the other end of the field.

Does anyone know if there would be a designated area for Ghana away supporters? I'm assuming not, but I'd rather not trade one raucous group for another. ;)

7. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ghana fans are probably way more chill than AO.

8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, one would hope. But honestly I have no idea how they'd be, if there'd even be a strong contingent. All I know is that they've had some very good players and was our bogey team in a few WC's.

9. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my experience African fans are pretty chill, at least the ones in the USA. Caribbean soccer fans on the other hand...they go wild.

10. nh_ny

nh_ny Member

Jul 12, 2004
    upstate NY
    Excited to be going -- will bring my teenage son and two of his friends.
    Anyone know how parking is at this stadium? Easy to get in and out? Or are there off site places that would be better to walk to?

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went there in Gold Cup 2013 against Costa Rica. You drove into the area and had to park on the grass far away. I think I parked over half a mile away, and possibly over a mile. I don't know if you can park off site and walk. According to Wikipedia, the game I saw was 62.6% full, with 25,432 of a capacity of 40,642. There were seats without backs. It's just south of Interstate 84, and two of the streets a little east of the game that go north and south and cross Interstate 84 were closed, possibly so residents didn't have their street parking taken by people attending the game. I liked Anna's Restaurant & Pizza a little east of the stadium on the same street, Silver Lane (Route 502).

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been to a few soccer games at this venue. Liverpool-Celtic, USA-Czech, etc. Parking as BAD. I remember long delays.

Also I think I saw on some website that parking is $25 per car or something like that. It might pay to get a little creative and park in someone's driveway for less $ and less hassle than that??

13. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    I understand that the AO tickets are being mailed out by USSF instead of AO: have people got theirs?

Mine haven't arrived yet....

14. Potash

Potash Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Ghana squad for the game against Mexico and USA.

Defenders

Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew), Nicholas Opoku (Berekum Chelsea), Lumor Agbenyenu (Munich 1860, Germany), John Boye (Sivasspor, Turkey), Rashid Sumalia (Al Gharafa, Qatar), Jonathan Mensah (Columbus Crew, USA), Jerry Akaminko ( Eskiserhispor, Turkey), Samuel Sarfo (Liberty, Ghana)

Midfielders

Mohammed Abu (Columbus Crew, USA), Isaac Sackey (Alanyaspor, Turkey), Ebenezer Ofori (Stuttgart, Germany), Winful Cobbinah (Hearts of Oak), Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht, Belgium), Thomas Agyepong (NAC Breda, Holland), Gershon Koffie (New England Revolution)

Attackers

Asamoah Gyan (Al Alhi, UAE), Majeed Waris (Lorient FC, France), Raphael Dwamena (FC Zurich, Switzerland), Kwadwo Poku (FC Miami), David Accam (Chicago Fire),

Source: GHANAsoccernet.com

15. Potash

Potash Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    These games can help Ghana move up with FIFA ranking if they win so I don't understand why they left some of their regular players out.

Players not traveling with the team:

Andre Ayew - West Harm England
    Jordan Ayew - Swan city England
    Amartey - Leicester City, England
    Atsu- New castle England
    Kwadwo Asamoah - Juventus
    Partey - Atletico Madrid
    Jeff schlup - Crystal Palace England

And several players based in Italy.

16. alslammerz

alslammerz Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Staten Island, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally got mine Friday afternoon - was freaking out a little since I saw some people on Twitter got them Wed. and Thurs.

swedust repped this.
  17. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    Anyone with extra tickets?

18. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Anyone have 2 extras before I bite the bullet on stubhub?

19. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    I'll tell you. I don't know how many Ghanians are in this stadium but they are loud, energetic and a ton of fun. Can barely hear the US supporters over them, it's awesome!!!

wixson7 repped this.
  20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #20 NorthBank, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    I second that. We were sitting right in the middle of them, it was kind of fun but we decided to move 30 feet away with a few 'muricans

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We always get good crowds in Connecticut. Great to see on Television.

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. The announced crowd was 29K and the stadium holds about 40K. So I'd say that looked exactly accurate. Unlike the Red Bulls announced attendances. :p

23. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Agreed, looked great on TV, pleasantly surprised.

24. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Doubly so considering the attendance was almost entirely people who drove in for the game. I didn't talk to anyone who flew in, which makes sense given that it's a friendly sandwiched between WCQs and the Gold Cup (anyone shelling out for a plane ticket would choose one of those games first).

It's a really good venue--90 minutes from Boston, 3 hours from NYC, a good local fanbase to begin with, lots of other places like Philly, DC, and upstate NY within driving distance, easy to get to and tons of spae for tailgating.

25. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't think it was twice as close to Boston as to NYC, and Google Maps says I'm right. Using Penn Station for NYC and Logan Airport for Boston, it's 2:05 from NYC to Pratt & Whitney Stadium (formerly Rentschler Field) and 1:37 from there to Boston.