PBP: USA v Bolivia Copa America

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Marko72, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He means the guy that managed Salzburg when JM went to Leipzig

2. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I'm framing him as an average player that lil MLS fans came in their pants over. Those same people that claimed Aaronson was our future are spreading more nonsense about players as we speak.

Atta boy...

3. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Enjoy. How do you feel about your theory of starting with MLS players unless alternatives are clearly better? Berhalter did that and your guys didn't show up.

4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    the guys who didn't show up should have been cut. that's the whole point of the theory.

I feel very good. If you look down our bench you will find McKenzie (cb in Belgium league). I would have started Justen Glad ahead of him. Imagine if we had played McKenzie ahead of Zimmerman in Qatar. Zim + Ream + turner was the most successful trio in the back of all 32 teams in group in terms of GA save one team who was tied with USA. Just think about that, Bsky22. If you look hard enough you just might find ONE player who can hang. Bujt you have to actually try to find him. Imagine that. Are you happy with our cb corps? Really?

5. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    So not the guy that brought him to Salzburg like he said?

6. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guy that was playing him as a 10 in the diamond when he gave Bayern fits in the champions league.

Every single person (including you) knew who he was talking about but I don’t remember his name.

7. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    USA v. Panama gonna be good. Can't wait.

kennytt, Mt Stone@ and nfiniti repped this.
  8. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Why set up a bunch of guys who should never be there?

Zimmerman was out of his league at the WC. He has been one of the last mainstays of MLS players that was forced onto the USMNT.

9. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    No idea what you are talking about?

10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So, you want me to totally ignore the results at Qatar? Your vaunted Euros scored 2 goals in group. 2 !!! And they went thru anyway. Wanna know why? Because they only gave up 1 goal in group. 1 !!! Got it? Their defense put them thru, otherwise, Berhalter would have been fired for good. Got that? that doesn't make MLS better than Europe. It makes an MLS cb like Zimmerman worth consideration in spite of playing in MLS. Is this too hard for you?

superdave and An Unpaved Road repped this.
  11. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Of course you don't. That's the whole problem.

12. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Odd take. Berhalter was scared and picked players based on their athletic ability to play defense.

MLS players were all over the goals conceded. Where did they contribute to the goals? Was the problem that they didnt realize how good Marky Delgado was?

13. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    You are the the one that said it was the coach that signed him.

Aaronson ain't it. Just like every MLS clown you act like is a big time player.

14. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Marky Delgado is rated as the 5th best CM/DM out of 64 rated on @americansocceranalysis.com

Kellyn Acosta is rated 61st out of 64. Nagbe is dead last at 64. Edelman who was our U20 dmid is rated 62nd. Carlos Gruezo who started in BL before returning to MLS and playing against us in concacaf is rated 63rd. Will Trapp is 58th

See the problem? Am I the problem for rating Delgado?.I think your sarcastic, rhetorical question doesn't square with the facts. Absolutely, Delgado would have improved the program immensely. The problem is that Delgado is too good for USSF. It's too late now but they had no clue how to use him and that's that. We would not have the impotent attack we have with Delgado intergrated into the program sequentially after a good showing with U20's.

15. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well, maybe he should have picked players who can defend, pass and press and lead the league in distance covered like Marky apart from also understanding positioning which is what makes him a good player. You seem very dismissive of players brought up in the Mexican immigrant system. Check out Delgado and Cerillo playing together and compare how Cerillo plays now with Delgado as opposed to how he played under berhaler's protege at FCD. You might learn something about midfielders that doesn't accord with your Eurocentric approach which constantly has to borrow from Latino soccer culture to survive.

16. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread....why do you all lose your shit every time a NT match kicks off.

Seriously WTF.

It's like every NT match is your first NT match.

NietzscheIsDead and superdave repped this.
  17. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006

like I said in the last game thread...new match new crusade to bsky22 who will badger people until he can chase them away from the site.

no clue why guys like this are allowed to destroy this site.

18. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    bsky22 can't help himself

every match he picks a random topic, picks a fight and then just tries to badger the person that replies until they just can't take it anymore.

19. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GGGG-USMNT plays like a record at the wrong speed

if they could ever sync up with each other, they'd play beautiful music

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Time to put them back in their place after what they did to our "C" team in the Gold Cup last year.
    Hopefully we score early and often in the ATL.

21. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, he’s not allowed to post in N&A.

But in all seriousness, if he bugs you that much, just put him on ignore. That’s what I did. It was the right decision.

22. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    I think we can beat Panama but will lose to Uruguay. I'll be happy with advancing in second place.

23. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Just checking in. I dont have time for you guys but wanted to make sure you didn't think whatever.

Good idea to just rotate through forwards. It has worked well for you and Gregg.

24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #524 OWN(yewu)ED, Jun 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
    in the name of the holy father, after your goalkeeper fiasco you have something to say about forwards now? That Balo euro pixie dust up to the point of the goal enthrall you with his skill?

25. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    That game was played extremely well by the us.

They played Bolivia off the field. Bolivia did not have a single sustained stretch of competitive play while the US created chances out the wazoo.