USA Supporters Section Ticketing for Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by SamPierron, Mar 8, 2011.

1. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that should be when it goes live.

2. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am simply not seeing the event listed. I have logged in with my account number per somebodies suggestion on twitter, and also my email address.

3. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still nothing

4. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I was originally told that non-MC STHs would get access to 4 additional tickets but my rep told me 1 per ticket. Which is it or is it something else? 1 ticket does me no good because that means someone will have to sit by there self.

5. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    go to the third black line that says Ticket & Plans Purchases

click BUY Packages

click BUY Gold Cup link

the rest should be normal

6. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thank you -- very helpful :) I also didn't read Sam's post clearly -- Members stand people can't do this they need to call for extras.

7. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    the odd part about it is that it doesn't list the member stand as an option. lists everywhere else but the members stand. I just called them instead. Got done what needed to be done.

8. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got signed up through ticket manager in the members stand, got 2 additional tickets.. Members stand might need to call if they are doing their 2 allocated in the section and then 2 additional outside the section.

the 2 extra I got were accounted for in a matter of seconds when I sent the email to my friends, this is going to be a hot ticket

also had trouble finding where to sign up, felt like a dumbazz as my account rep walked me through it... now click on the button etc.. :D

9. Soccer7947

Soccer7947 Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Kansas
    glad I could help

I had to call myself, felt pretty stupid, but at least I know I wasn't the only one :D

10. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They would only sell me one ticket ... I took it but I want another

11. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wait what? you are outside the members stand now arent you? I thought you could get 4 tickets per account outside of the members stand ppl.

I have 2 season tickets, did you just get a solo season ticket and then are just going to add when wife can come?

12. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I called. They walked me through it, up until the point of getting the tix. They also said that Sam misspoke and could only get 1 extra ticket to the Members stand since I have a solo season ticket, anyways, I saw that the members stand was not listed so I called them back. They did it manually and I got the 2 extra tix I needed. The downside is that there was a $10 service fee for both. Now I don't want to be all WC price gouging and such but damn that is a hefty service fee for a 3 minute call. A full third of the price of the ticket, sheesh. Guess I should have got them through AO.

13. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No I am in the members stand ... just one season ticket. I thought I could get two extras rather than one.

14. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats a CONCACAF charge, not a ticketmaster or FO charge... urked me too but then I saw my receipt and saw that it just goes Jack Warner to stay in power :).. I wonder if that will be charged for our season ticket ones? hope not...

15. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep reading this thread and seeing all the issues and I keep thinking to myself that I'm glad that no one wants to go with me. Too much trouble to bring someone along. :D

16. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    ahh. That makes way much more, and sad, sense.

17. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you should get the additional, you will have no problem selling it. heck, looks like James would take it.

18. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW if say you have a seated ticket as an STH, and you wan't to purchase one additional to say take the wife along to this one. She won't be sitting with you and it doesn't sound like they are set up to allow you to surrender you STH seat location for that game (thus making it available for others to purchase) to pair yourself up with your guest in another location. Seems like a flaw in process to me at this point.

19. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way to buy them anyways, still waiting on my replacement card from the bank.

20. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was going to buy a single ticket but then I realized that that person would be sitting all alone. Only people that have two or more tickets can really use that feature.

21. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont know how it usually works in these situations if this isnt the norm. how would you select which season ticket holders get move and which dont? and if you just wipe that chart out, and its first come first serve, you shaft the STH out of his or her seat etc..

wierd situation, and i really dont know how its usually handled

22. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me neither and I am not saying the FO isnt wrong in how they are doing it. I just wish we could buy at least 2 tickets per ticket so it wasnt an issue. I have a group from Tennessee wanting to come. Now, I think they are going to join AO and get tickets through there.

23. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only one conclusion can be drawn....AO conspiracy to gain membership! PRINT IT! :cool:

24. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not difficult, tickets are managed through real time system. If you move to be with your guest your seat is available for someone else to purchase. You're not screwing any STH out of anything as any ticket your purchasing is only what is not reserved already (ie the existing STH base). If I'm buying an additional I'm not taking and existing STH seat - thus I affect no one in this - and with regards to buying priority it is first come first serve within the eligible group that can purchase at this point anyway.

25. Diego Pasley

Diego Pasley Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Anyone not intending to use their two extra tickets that are available...Im in the market for them! Would love to go to this game, sit with the usual group of fun-loving-idiots, but as a non STH I need a line on tix!

Scott