USA Squad vs. Brazil

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Kevin8833, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    Shhh...you'll make people mad.

I love Arnaud's intensity...it's always been there. This season his game is starting to catch up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an impression this week.

2. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    If you don't think Pablo is going to play a big role in qualifying next year, then you aren't paying attention.

There's the main theme here. The USA never gets its full team together until qualifying. I think that really limits direct competition for spots.

But BB can't do much about that.

Josh Wolff has always been one of my favorite players for the nats. He's fast, skilled and an extremely savvy player. He's a hit at 1860, and I knew he would be.

If BB plays a 4-3-3 type system, Josh would be ideal for the wide right player.

3. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Aside from how excited I would have been to see Altidore or Adu, Wolff is actually a player I do look forward to watching. An almost forgotten man after performing well for the US and leaving MLS.

At this point, with all the time spent in Europe he has to be (hopefully) a more technically sound player complementing the speed and quickness he’s always had.

What a nice find (or rather rediscovery) that would be for the US and at an age that should be his prime years.

4. flux82

flux82 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Mississippi
    And I hate that, because he is just not that good anymore. But I suppose he can be useful against lower level opponents.

5. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    i'm calling it

eddie johnson hattrick

6. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, been watching some Wizard's highlights on mlsnet.com and he does seem to have a bit of fire to him.

7. smashthacan

smashthacan New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    CA
    Davy Arnaud is usually my favorite player to watch for the Wizards. He has speed, makes good choices with the ball and like people are saying, he's intense as sh*t.

8. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    give simek a run out at right back and see how he does. him and spector are the two best outside backs at the moment.

9. BillP

BillP Member

Jan 20, 1999
    It might not be, but we might even be underdogs for that game...flame all you want...but we are fools if we think we should win easily...

10. DoTheVillage

DoTheVillage New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Am I the only one here who is getting bored with the USMNT?

The Sweden Game is possibly the first one I didn't bother to watch in at least 6 years. Yeah I'm sure I'll cath the Brazil match,.. But..?

They really aren't that good

11. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ??? WTF? This is a full national team, "A" team, being fielded by the Nats. An "A" squad was fielded against Sweden. I admit that I lost interest during Copa America, with the C squad. Just did not field a competitve team for that tourney. But now we schedule European friendlies in Europe and bring the top team in the world to our soil, I think it is a very exciting time for the Nats.

12. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last time I checked we were better than 191 other countries.

13. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they bring in players like Reina and Puyol then we'll be heavy underdogs. They're best players are better than ours.

14. americanista_76

americanista_76 New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Hawthorne
    Can someone tell me why Adu is not in the mix? Someone give me an explanation please! Oh, What about Rossi, Sztela and the other guy from Hannover 96?

15. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about Rossi he says! Guess it's the time of night when the trolls come out.
    Fixed your post.

16. jpoler1

jpoler1 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bedford, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, I love the USMNT but some of you guys are just plain losers. Who looks up flight times between countries to reference in posts? Wow. Let's please stick to relevant material please. Whoever said it, I get your point. But you just need to get a life. If you looked that up, you need some help.

17. crusader06

crusader06 New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    honolulu
    clearly you didnt catch my sarcasm but whatever.

18. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Look up? Who needs to look it up? It's about 12 hours from LA to Frankfurt. It's gotta be about the same to Sweden. If it's 12 hours from LA to Frankfurt, it's gotta be about 10 (9?) from Germany to Chicago.

I'm guessing you've never flown to Europe before?

19. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty good look at things I'd say. I'll add my take in the afternoon

20. patt

patt New Member

Jul 31, 2003
    Good point

I got to admit though have no idea where he is going with his choices in the Sweden game and here. Hope he has a master plan and just not throwing pasta at the wall.............

Oh well, at least Dempsey is in good form. Hope Benny goes the full 90-these will his first minutes of any match play since Sweden.

The back four are going to positively killed. Speed kills and we are slow, out of postion and play a stupidly high line/offside trap. I getting ill just thinking about it.

They better play 3 defensive mid fielders if a result is the goal.

21. Gints86

Gints86 Thanks Mchead

Nov 15, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    I was really hoping this wasnt one of the similarities that he shared w/Arena...........

Playing it safe with a lineup that is hoping not to get blownout.

22. Yankee_Devil

Yankee_Devil Member

Nov 13, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Two things I can guarantee from this game. Bradley will play not to lose and he will start his son.

Simple as that.

There is no longer a debate in my mind. I think that BB actions have spoken much louder than anything he could say. This man has no shame and he should be terminated as soon as possible.

23. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would bet wrong. The Catalonia match has been called off.

24. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Called Off? Why's that? Where did you hear it?

25. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    relax dude. i don't know what posts you're referring to, but some of us rack up a million miles a year in frequent flyer miles and are pretty damn familiar with international flight times. others of us are paid to pay attention to detail so it's second nature, and looking up flight times is stupid easy.

like it or not, it's possible mundane things like flight schedules work into both ussf $ calcs and bb's fitness calcs for marginal players.