USA Squad vs. Brazil

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Kevin8833, Sep 3, 2007.

1. izha

izha Member

May 24, 2002
    OK. At least I'll watch Aatidore and Mathis against Chivas. I bet Jozy will make miraculous recovery and play. Bradley, Arnaud and limping Convey chasing the ball against Brasilians will be ridiculous.

2. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bradley taking the 'Play to not lose' approach to the coaching job. Its sad. How come adaquacy is good enough in the eyes of USSF?

3. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the big question we've been asking, and the USSF has not been answering, since the end of WC 2006 :(

4. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Tell that to Spurs.

5. Spleenman11

Spleenman11 New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I dont understand why everyone is piling on bradley because of the roster he put together. With the possible exception of altidore (who is injured, btw), this is the best roster we can put together. Period. If we put people like Parkhurst and Clark on the field against Brazil, we would get hammered. It is not the time to give people a run-out. we are not playing a CONCACAF minnow or China. We are playing Brazil.

Johnson

Dempsey​

Beasley Donovan​

Mastro/Benny/Bradley (pick two)​

Pearce Onyewu/Demrit/Boca (pick two) Dolo

That is the best lineup we can put together,and thats what gives us the best chance to beat Brazil. If we get blown-out, fine. But honestly, anyone who thinks that something else can get us a better result cannot be serious.​

6. Live in the Now

Live in the Now New Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Bornstein is great. Sure it's not so great that Jozy isn't there, but we don't have to rush. It's just a friendly that we'll lose. There is about a 5% chance of winning this game. I'd rather get Jozy introduced to the setup when we have a chance to win. If Alex plays for Brazil in this match, Jozy wouldn't get a single good chance. Not the best way to introduce him to the NT, IMO.

7. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Bornstein has 2 league fixtures in the next week: Thursday (NY) and Sunday in Tronno.

As far as the other MLS'ers... ditto on the important league matches, except Landon. :mad: Although LA's playoff chances are remote. But still... it would be nice if LA were to win a game. We're actually going to get 6 days rest for the first time in nearly 2 months!! :rolleyes:

8. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA
    I know it sounds trite and predictable, but the automatic inclusion of Michael Bradley on EVERY F***** roster and his STARTING in damn near EVERY F****** game is getting impossible to ignore. No Rico. No Edu. Michael Bradley. Again.

Does anybody doubt he will start?

9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but the variable that Altidore brings its painful not having him in the roster, but he is injured we must move on from it. I think BB is officially over TT at least. Ching and EJ seem to linger :(. But other than that, depth assde we have a solid roster.

BB will put Mastroeni in Bradley in the middle in hopes of unsettling Brazil' midfield. At the expense of us really making a fluid attack. Which i think is unfortunate because i think Feilhaber is the lynchpin that just make this work. He'll be rolled out right if anything, forcing Dempsey and Donovan up front.

---------------------Howard---------------------

---------------Onyewu-----Bocanegra------------
    Cherundolo--------------------------------Spector

---------------Bradley------Mastroeni--------------
    -------Feilhaber----------------------Beasley------

---------------Dempsey-----Donovan--------------

I hope Feilhaber out right isnt a regular thing. Im not a fan of it. But it gets our two best front men up top. Dempsey scored a marvelous header against Tottenham, so i hope he has that same fire for this match. Thats our best attack duo that we have right now plain and simple, out of everything we've seen. Dempsey and Donovan were well....the least embarrassing forward combo we've had.

10. transrapide

transrapide Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Natick, MA
    With this lineup, it's gonna be a workature! Like someone said, enjoy not scoring vs Brazil!

11. HTownSoccerGuy

Mar 29, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Why is everyone bummed about wolff?

12. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off

WOHOOOOOOOO I prayed to God and I got answered!!!!!

USA Roster

Today, I am the happiest USMNT fan with the inclusion of one, Heath Pearce. After leaving Denmark for the south, the man did not get any good deed cards into his pocket until today. Him being called up is a happy moment for myself because it shows that Bob Bradley is comming under pressure and that Capello must of said something during the "talking of tatics" meeting both had.

I am upset of the exclusion of Altidore, Adu (maybe) and Parkhust. But the LB position is now being scrutinized; hopefully Boca's spot will be next.

Seitz is a oh no Mr. Bill!! But ok, MD fans will be excited to see him on TV and girls might rate him hot on the Rate the National Team players poll thing. But him being there is wasted space.

13. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Seitz wont play, he is there for experiance because he is our future(probably 2014) and he is a very good goalie with high potential, he is not ready yet though but will benefit from this camp a lot. He may even be our number 2 or 3 goalie by 2010.

14. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing that bums me about this squad is that Bradley clearly went for "experience" to the detriment of playing to win. I look at this roster and I see a bunch of players who are "experienced" enough to know that Brazil is a much better team than the US and therefore the US shouldn't win, so that's how they'll play. It's not even so much that Bradley will coach them that way. Now, there are some exceptions on that roster, of course. If Clint Dempsey can play with the same kind of heart that he did against Spurs, well, we might have a shot.

15. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone is mad on here for calling in one of the better squads we can produce right now, but when we call in youth to a tournament like the Copa, Bob Bradley is under fire.

make up your minds guys.

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahh i love the eternal pessimism of BS posters...

17. saxman

saxman Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Frederick,Maryland
    Yes, it sounds trite and predictable. Very predictable. I saw it coming a mile away.I do not doubt that he will start. And he is very likely to play all 90 minutes. We could most certainly have included a few more MLS players for a game in the US and let more Euros play in OCT.

And I agree with previous posters that Seitz is there just to train at that level. If he earns a cap against Brazil the n we need to be afraid....VERY afraid.

18. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    Why? I'll tell you.
    Why not? I'll also tell you.

Tim Howard - He's the US #1
    Heath Pearce - He's settled in BL1. He has a week and a half off, time to see if he's improved. Crucial camp for him.
    Carlos Bocanegra - He's the current 1st choice CB. Deal with it.
    Michael Bradley - He's a 20 year old CM starting in the Dutch league. Get used to seeing him
    Benny Feilhaber - Since the EPL is off during the international break, any chance to train at a high level and get match fitness will be welcomed by his manager. The league doesn't start up again until a week after the Brazil game, so there is plenty of time to recover.
    Steve Cherundolo - Our first choice right back.
    DeMarcus Beasley - No explanation needed.
    Clint Dempsey - See DMB
    Eddie Johnson - MLS leading scorer has no club commitment that weekend.
    Landon Donovan - See DMB. Plus, LA is done.
    Frank Simek - BB probably wants a more physical option at right back. Gotta figure he'll eventually move to the EPL, so I'm sure they want to keep taps on him.
    Bobby Convey - See Feilhaber
    Josh Wolff - In great form for 1860. Not as old as you think.
    Jonathon Spector - See Feilhaber
    Chris Seitz - Isn't a starter right now, so won't cripple and MLS team. Plus, BB and staff probably want to let him know what he needs to work on to make it to the next level, and having him train with Tim Howard for a week is going to to him a world of good.
    Davy Arnaud - Has been in great form for KC this year, and has no club game that weekend.
    Oguchi Onyewu - Gooch will now be coming into to fight to keep his job.
    Jay DeMerit - Will be given every chance to win a spot this week.
    Pablo Mastroeni - Veteran midfielder to help with the newbies.

Omissions:

Ricardo Clark - Houston can't afford to part with him right now, as they have some injury issues. Plus, he spent half the summer with the NT.
    Brian Ching - Did not dress this past weekend, assuming he is hurt.
    Jozy Altidore - Day to day with lower leg strain, and will be needed for his club if he can go.
    Michael Parkhurst - Will be needed by his club, and until the US nats go to a 3-man backline, you probably won't be seeing much of him, as he would get exposed as a marking back internationally...yes, I said it.
    Jonathon Bornstein - Needed by his club. Again, he already spent most of the summer with the NT.
    Taylor Twellman - One wonders how many more callups he'll get, but for now, he's certainly needed by his club.
    Jimmy Conrad - This is the only omission that is really puzzling to me. I would think he would be pushing Gooch and DeMerit for a starting spot.

19. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    I think this is going to be an exciting week of camp for the national teamers. Brazil always brings a lot of exposure with them, and I think there are a few positional battles that could be altered going into the next leg of the European tours.

Can any KC fans tell me why Jimmy Conrad isn't on the list?

20. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    he is 50 bigrose!

21. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can someone post a link to Brazil's lineup?
    If they put out a half decent one, we're doomed.
    If we lose by more than two goals, I say we fire Bradley.

22. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Define very good goalie with high potential?

23. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    He's a good goalie who could be great...? Go take English 101 or something.

24. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    I really don't think Parkhurst would be exposed as a marking back he is just that good, but either way how will we ever know if we don't give him a chance he didn;t have any size problems in Gold Cup, I know it is a low level but just saying he has done absoulutely nothing to make us think he couldn't compete with anybody.

25. hairynippleman

Jun 13, 2007
    gold cup...low level... no way!!! hey, i'm sure the gold cup games are a great indicator of how well he'll do against brazil. he can compete with anyone because he didn't look bad against anyone in the gold cup.