USA Roster against Mexico

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by GiallorossiYank, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, this is beginning to sound like bullshit. Chandler called in, Chandler has some random small nick that doesn't prevent him from playing for his club team but precludes national team duty.

Be interesting to see how it develops.

2. manq360

manq360 Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Roster for Mex

That's the problem. Feilhaber is not a true winger...BB tried and tried to slot him into that spot, both on the right and left, because the middle of the field was always occupied by MB and someone else more on the defensive end. I'm not sure where all of this "BB likes Feilhaber" is coming from. He called him in a lot but barely played him.

As for him not making it in other leagues, possibly he is like Donovan, just more comfortable at home. I don't know anything about his personal situation, but he seems to be playing well now. He does seem prone to injuries, which is concerning. Always reminded me a little of JOB.

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    But why would you want a player who doesn't really want to play for you, and may do so only as a last resort?

If he still has doubts, or if his coach wants him to go a certain way and he's considering it, let him solve his issues in his own time!

4. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He didn't make it overseas because he's below average. Donovan is good, he just likes to be the big fish in the pond which only the MLS can offer. He is good enough for the MLS though.

5. dsp2109

dsp2109 New Member

Jul 24, 2006

Maybe so, but that could probably be said for any league, any sport. Mugsy bogues?
    All I'm saying is they should prove their ability to dominate at one level. Then, they can move up. Who knows whether they'll sink or swim at the next level? What should be clear is that they've risen to the top of their current league.

6. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Starting line up predicted

-----------------Howard
    cherundolo--bocanegra--pearce--chandler
    |-----------^----------------^ ----|
    |-----------|-----------------|-----|
    |----------edu-------------jones----|
    V-----------V------^--------V----- V
    --------------------|
    ^-----------------bradley-------------^
    | --------------------|----------------|
    donovan---->---------|--------<----beasley
    |---------------------V---------------|
    |-------------------Buddle -----------|
    V---------------------|---------------V
    ----------------------V

tactically, you will see edu and jones sit tight. bradley gets to go box to box, but JK will most likely try to instill in him better decision making. donovan and beasley are able to transition to wide midfield 4-5-1 type players on defense. Bradley is able to fall back in between edu/jones

USA on defense, high possession

----edu----bradley---jones
    donovan------------------beasley
    -------------buddle

transition on the counter--Beasley, donovan tuck in, dolo, chandler overlapping for wide play.

------------edu-------------jones

cherundolo----------bradley----------chandler

donovan---->--------------------<---beasley

--------------------Buddle

based on his roster, this is the style i think we will see.

and buddle is obviously the only target forward in the list.

I think youll see buddle on for 90. Adu/Agudelo will replace donovan/beasley later in the game. however, if he is blooding new talent with old, he may leave donovan on and only replace beasley. i highly doubt donovan goes 90 though. Torres will replace bradley. clarke will come in for edu/jones. beckerman comes in depending on the situation. if the back four continues to need protection then he stays on the bench. Im not sure shea features in this game tbh, unless he does wholesale changes at halftime. you will see the CB cycle out etc

I believe beasley was brought in to see if he still has it. last chance saloon most likely for him. of course that all hinges on him starting. shea could easily feature on the left starting, but i dont like his ability to track back like beasleys and i think his particular ability on defense will give him the start.

The only thing based on this roster that makes sense is 3 up top. brek shea is the only potential wide midfielder. 4-5-1----4-2-1-2-1. Adu/agudelo, both play attacking positions on the flanks. his midfielders scream defense/possession. no true creator amongst them. speed wise we look a little slow on the counter. all of these indicate a 3 man attack. but i could be wrong.

7. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Here's to hoping we get to see at least a few minutes with a CM that can actually be creative and help in the attack, probably as a deep-lying playmaker given that we really only have Clark/JFT/Beckerman as options off the bench assuming that MB/Jones/Edu start...or that one of those guys shows us some ability to unlock a defense that we have not seen consistently from them as of yet.

8. The Toe

The Toe Member

Mar 30, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So based on your line up and subsO, Klinsi called up all of the Mexican League/latin players to sit on the bench only to employ a Bradley 2.0.

Oooookkkkk.......

9. jbgeach

jbgeach Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Chattanooga, TN

Who is John Gatt?

(see Atlas Shrugged for reference)

10. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean by putting the best line up with the players you have availble, as bradley 2.0. Are any of the Mexican based players getting minutes with their clubs, aside from Beasley? Logically speaking, the game is against the Mexican National team. You are saying we should field a team with bench players from the Mexican domestic league vs. the stars of that league, along with their EUropean players? For me I would do somethig more logical, or as you call it Bradley 2.0, and field our better players.

11. iceberg602

iceberg602 Member

Jul 23, 2010

[​IMG]

12. The Toe

The Toe Member

Mar 30, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All of the Mexican league players are getting "minutes," which is more than Bradley and Jones are getting.

13. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those aren't the best players.

14. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After Klinsy sees for himself Michael Bradley not being able to posses ball, he will be lucky to even be called up in the future. No way he starts.

15. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    It amazes me how many people who are paid to know the game and identify players rate him higher than the far more knowing anonymous posters on Big Soccer.

16. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their season hasn't started yet. Jones has been playing for Schalke in the preseason.

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    You may call me crazy if you wish, but watching games among the better MLS sides (LAG, Red Bulls, FCD, Crew) I don't see them as inferior to mid-table Championship sides. I don't think Watford is any better than The U, actually.

18. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Scottish fellow doing the color for Red Bull v Arsenal sees it differently.:D

19. dsirias

dsirias Member

Oct 26, 2007
    The magazine Kicker in germany just reported that Bradley is not in their plans. Way reduced the chances he starts then. I think JK would want to send a message that you have to be in the top 13 with your club if you want to play for us. Jones is not playing either. Now I'm feeling real good about my prediction of an Edu , Beckerman, Torres, starting midfield--odd as it may sound

20. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since Dos Santos isn't in Tottenham plans, they should start someone from the Mexican Liga over him too. Stop it, the best players will play which is whoever JK feels is the best.

21. dsirias

dsirias Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Edit--I was looking at Kicker........ I guess Jones is playing some. Who knows if he starts. Its all a crapshoot at this juncture

22. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    How did you pick 13?

Even if Bradley weren't one of the US best 11, Klinsmann might want to start him just to show the team that he doesn't pay attention to bigsoccer.

23. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he is

24. fscat

fscat Member

May 2, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    No Zak Whitbread neither. Again, I understand that we'll get a better picture after the CR and Waffle friendlies, but I found that interesting as well.

25. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Besides Howard, no EPL regular (not that we have many left at this point) were called in as the they are on the eve of their season opening.

Most Euros called in have their season begin this weekend.