USA @ Panama: March 28

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Panama is the main destination for Americans in the region. AARP or somebody named Boquete the number one place to retire recently.

2. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I think 500 is probably an overestimate, but it was a strong showing regardless. I'd say not more than 200-300. One of the embassy guys said they bought 130 tickets, though I'm not totally sure they were all in our section.

It was a similar size to what I remember from Costa Rica and Mexico in 2013, and more than Guatemala in 2016.

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably was more than the supporters section in Colombia. Just me and @doogiemo

4. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    definitely not 500. I'd agree with the 200-300 with my guess on the closer to 200. also a dozen or two people kinda supporting Panama that were various South Americans standing in the section

5. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was estimating from the picture on the website. I looked again and come up with about a full section of 25 seats * 15 rows=375 people when I merge the thin section on the end with the almost full section most of us were in. Whatever the number, an impressive turnout.

6. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Eddie is the man. It was great to meet you. My goal is to get you to a world cup match in 2018!