USA-Mexico -- When will tickets go on sale??

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by PhillyQuakesFan, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't believe everything you read in the papers. They basically ruled out Texas for a Mexico game unless the Mex game is in Monterey. Anyway here's the audio from the press conference which is what this article was describing.

A relevant quote.
    Columbus would be a possibility but ...

2. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last time we played in Cleveland was in our tour before we left for Germany in 2006. We played Venezuela in Cleveland and drew 29,745.

3. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone received any emails from ussoccerfan.com since the draw. I can't remember the last time I got anything except for the shop.

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the US-Sweden info.

5. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    +1

I'm hope we see something soon for HEX match #1...

6. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another + 1

I'm not interested in a cross country trip to see USA C - Sverige C

when I need to save money and vacation to see the WCQ games.

7. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm Mexico's wikipedia site says they have a friendly in Vegas, if so I'll probably check it out. I'm guessing that would be at Boyd Stadium.

8. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to tell the USSF that playing in Texas guarantees a Pro-Mexico crowd. In fact, playing anywhere in the Southwestern US guarantees it.

... and yea, I'd be curious to know what country the US played against in Cleveland where we had "great turnout."

9. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Venezuela.

10. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would explain the high turnout. Venezuela's baseball mad. They care about soccer about as much as the US cares about snooker. :p

11. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah. Better tell them that because I bet they had no idea that those Mexico friendlies played in Texas had big pro-Mexico crowds.

12. Don't worry, there is no way they will choose to play Mexico in Texas for a WCQ.

Friendlies make sense since it generates more revenue. But for WCQs, there's a lot more to it than revenue.

IF IF IF IF IF ... and that's a pretty damn big IF ... IF they play a WCQ in Texas (but I don't think they will), it would be Trinidad or El Salvador. Trinidad because no M-A influence; El Salvador because that should be the "easiest" match and any M-A influence would mean the least.

Hey Nancy, hope all is well!

13. hitit345

hitit345 New Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope to god that Houston gets to host a qualifier. Obiviously not against Mexico, but T&T in April, ElSa in Sept., or Ticos in October. Joburg should be booked by the time Ticos visit in October.

Gulati, Ticos at USA in Houston, October 09. Make it happen.

14. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Gulati there is a way ...

...but I suspect the likelihood is small.

15. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Only two months away from the showdown with the Mexican'ts. Would be nice to be able to get some flights and hotels booked sooner than later. Hopefully before Christmas.

16. Sparky98

Sparky98 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    I agree, I'm looking at flight for less that $170 and hotels as little as $60.

17. Portland Ale Patrol

Jul 1, 2008
    Portland OR
    We are hoping that the game will be played in Columbus, and for that reason we are looking to get an room @ Doubletree Guest Suites Columbus for a cost will be less if we can get 4 people to share the room, and more $ for beer/liquer.

Cheers

18. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I emailed USSoccer, they sent a reply back that they are in negotiations and there is no time table for an announcement.

19. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the update.

20. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can these negotiations possibly take 3 weeks?

21. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're probably trying to lowball Cowlumbus OR Cbus has raised the rent and they're considering other locations!

22. 3.2's

3.2's Member

Oct 22, 2007
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    negotiations for columbus wouldnt take 3 weeks, it would be open and shut, wham bang thank you maam. i am sure they are looking at other, better locations

23. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe this sounds crazy but with the economy the way it is - maybe they want to pick a larger venue and put it in a city where people would not have to travel as far to get to -

Also - if DC - NE and maybe RB arena are rumored to all host qualifiers - maybe they want to put this one more to the west

Just a thought! I would love it in cbus - more manageable for me to go but if its west of the old miss - i probably will be watching it at the pub

24. 3.2's

3.2's Member

Oct 22, 2007
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the economy doesnt matter. if people are going to travel they will travel anywhere. a bigger stadium just gives an opportunity for more people to travel if they desire. with CCS and Rio Tinto only holding just over 20000 they each could easily fill them for a US-Mexico game from the local area without anyone needing to travel. the bigger the stadium in a poor economy the higher the likelihood it might not sell out and opens the door for more mexican fans to get tix.

25. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very true - i dont know - i was just thinking that its taken them a long time to decide! If its not in CBUS i think SLC is the next best option as it offers the same type of weather - is there any confirmation other than someone saying they heard Garber say that?