USA-Mexico In and Post-Game

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by dcajedi, Sep 7, 2003.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Do you mean Natalie Neaton? She hasn't played since 1998. Scored a goal against Iceland and Ukraine in 98. And before that she played in 1995 and scored a goal against Finland and Canada.

2. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Yeah, that's it. I saw that she played in 98 so I wondered about the 99 World Cup. Seemd odd that she dropped out of site from the team.

3. YOMITTS

YOMITTS New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    All I can say is way to go Ape . Bivens please. You know Mitts will be on the sidelines maybe April will notice her then. Bevins please.

4. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
  5. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Well, that's not too good but there are a few players there who could still be good on the National team. Maybe a "B" National team.

6. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I love this poll about the new Women's Soccer league:

4) Assuming a league were to open play with 10 franchises (as MLS did in 1996) which 10 cities should host a team?

City Votes
    Chicago 1099
    Los Angeles 1023
    Washington D.C. 1022
    New York 1014
    Boston 917
    Portland 828
    Seattle 663
    Atlanta 649
    Columbus 648
    Raleigh 640
    San Jose 618
    Dallas 598
    San Diego 584
    Denver 487
    Miami 455
    Rochester 442
    Orlando 415
    Philadelphia 398
    Houston 344
    Kansas City 262
    Tampa 233

7. grendel

grendel New Member

Nov 15, 2002
    Neaton was actually part of the WNT player pool before the '99 Women's World Cup, but was more a practice player than a serious roster contender. She played for the W-League Denver Diamonds (Coach: Tom Stone) in 1999 and was named to the league first team. Haven't heard anything about her recently.

For the record, Neaton was NSCAA Player of the Year in 1995 when she played at William and Mary.

8. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Yes. I had heard of her. She was a Tribewoman. I remembered that. They had a couple of solid players after my Brother left in 92 or so. Then they had Ann Cook.

9. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Re: Re: was not impress at all

Y'all miss the point.

Telemundo ACTUALLY HAD A WOMEN'S MATCH ON.

Andres Cantor knows more about our WNT than most of our game announcers except, I think, JP (look at his GOOOL! book and he has a section on Our Women).

He didn't give a big GOOOL call on Shannon Boxx's goal, but gave a big one for Wambach's side-netter. He called it a golazo, and said it was "impeccable."

He also called Brandi Chastain the crowd favorite, and Mia Hamm "formidable," mentioning her caps and goals total.

And no "ay-yi-yi" from the color man.

Hey, I wonder if they'll get Maribel Dominquez for color woman on Telefutura/Galavision?

10. WNTfan

WNTfan New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Maribel

Does anyone know why Dominguez didn't play against the US last weekend?

11. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    I was wondering the same thing.

Andres Cantor did a pretty good job calling the USWNT games during the 2000 Olympics, and not just because his pronunciation of "Siri Mullinix" was legendary.

12. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Maribel

I'm guessing it's a combination of the game being meaningless for Mexico (not preparing for the WWC) and Maribel needing a break from the long WUSA season and its effect on the tendinitis on her knees. If you hadn't noticed, she hasn't been a 90 minute player for Atlanta for quite a while.