USA-Mexico Feb 7,2007 Glendale Arizona

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Galaxian, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My tickets came today for the match.

less than a month away...:)

2. Rikardo

Rikardo New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Durango/Phoenix
    I cant's wait for February 7, I bought my tickets the day they came out for sell. It's going to be a great game with great teams, players, and new coaches.

3. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    I got my 4 seats in one of the corner sections. Gonna introduce my 10-year daughter to international soccer. Salty language and all.

I was barely able to withold my anger at the TicketBastard service charge of nearly $8 per ticket. I can live with the other tax, which is a state tax that funded the stadium.

Anyway, it would seem as if the upper decks are nearly sold out, I couldn't find 4 together in any of the 3 or 4 lower ticket price brackets.

I called the stadium to see if they could give me an estimate of the number of tickets sold (for no other reason than I'm interested), but they couldn't and either could TicketBastard for some reason.

4. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a caravan leaving from SoCal to the game? If so, what day is it leaving? What route? What city would it leave from?

5. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought 15 for this one so I'd expect we have a Sooner Schooner coming from San Diego ;)

6. buckeye5

buckeye5 New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a YardHouse and a Gordon Biersch at the Westgate Center (just north of the stadium, maybe a five minute walk from the Red lot.

7. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [C. Montgomery Burns]Exxx-cellent.[/C. Montgomery Burns]

8. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright we should start making plans on where to meet before the match and at what time , etc..

Any suggestions ?

9. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets own the parking lot. KO is 7pm, get there around 1, but we need to come prepared with goods!

10. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've two tickets for the Supporters Section. Hate to spend money on ticketbastard, and love the Supporters Section - poor view and all. Still not sure if my wife, brother, or nephew will take the other ticket. It's hell not shaing my life with non-soccer fans. ;)

11. Roundball

Roundball What?

Jan 20, 2006
    Glendale, AZ
    They open the parking lots 4 hrs. early for the Cardinals games. I'll call on Monday to find out what their policy will be.

12. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome.

I'm going to call USSF and see if they can get in touch with the stadium to ask them about the BAF for this game , and I also want to ask the UofP stadium about my drum.

13. HattrickStriker

Feb 19, 2006
    Area 51 & 52
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gosh, I just realized that I have to schedule a business trip to Glendale, AZ during the first full week of February...and there's a convention of some kind...something like a multi-national cross-border events composium. Or, something like that.

:)

If any of you are considering attending, hope to see you there!

I love my job!

14. Roundball

Roundball What?

Jan 20, 2006
    Glendale, AZ
    I called the switchboard receptionist and she said the parking is open all day. I then talked to the secretary for the director of maketing and sales and she said probably 5pm. I'll investigate further and keep you updated.

15. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be heading out from Columbus. It takes a lot for me to visit my parents (who spend their winters in AZ). Even a US-MEX match was a stretch. Still, it'll be fun. You you guys at the tailgate.

16. eviltwin

eviltwin New Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Arizona
    Can someone please tell me what sections the US fans will be sitting in? I realize tickets are going fast but i still dont want to get tickets in the wrong section. Thanks a lot.

17. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    119. USSF sent me an email today and said there are still tickets available, and I received a PM from somebody else that said they were told the same thing, and that we have 40 rows in that section reserved, and we are halfway there.

18. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news that they are going fast.

I still need to call the stadium regarding the drum. Ill do it on friday and post what they say.

19. dkrboys

dkrboys New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Simi Valley, CA
    Palermo.....thanks for your response yesterday. I may have missed it somewhere, but is there a thread already going that tells where we'll be tailgating/meeting up? We're driving from LA on Wed. morning & we'll have all afternoon to "have fun". Any ideas?

Also.....what hotels are people staying at?

20. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sounds like we may go to one of those breweries for lunch (depending on when you get in) and then pwning the parking lot in the hours leading up to KO.

My group isn't staying in town, some of us have classes on Thursday at 9am :)

21. dkrboys

dkrboys New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Simi Valley, CA
    You guys are crazy! But young......so that explains it!

22. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    Will any bars in the area be running a shuttle to stadium? I'm renting a car, but I really don't want to deal with driving to the game if at all possible.

23. westsidepunk

westsidepunk Member

May 31, 2003
    Tucson, AZ
    Can someone from phoenix confirm if any bars have opened in the westgate complex? If that is the case there should be some that are walkable distance.

24. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    I was hoping some bar near the Arrowhead Towne Center (W. Bell Rd. and Hwy 101) would run a shuttle so I can walk over there from our hotel take the shuttle to/from the game. Probably wishful thinking though unless a local sets something up. I bet they could charge $20 a head for a shuttle- I'd definitely be willing to pay for the privilege of drinking.

25. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anybody needs Sams Army tickets for this game, let me know. I bought 15 but some friends are backing out...