USA Italy

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by NYCONEONTA, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    I am a first generation american . My parents were both born in italy and i can't wait for the usa italy game. The only thing is unlike many people in my boat I hope the USA wins. Growing up playing soccer all the way to college I support USA soccer all the way through cuz i know that usa soccer is a team full of players who want to play and represent the usa through and through. Italy is a team who although is very talented is all about how they look and the amount of money that they make (kinda like our USA basketball teams). Its all about themselves and the individual. Even my father who supports ACMilan and even travels to italy just to watch a game supports the USA. Don't get me wrong I hope they both qualify from the group but when it comes down to June 17 2006 myself my brothers and my father ( all Italian americans) are all rooting for the USA..

2. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a question you are posing? Because you just said that our players are rich, greedy bastards, and the US players are good souls.

3. NYCONEONTA

NYCONEONTA New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    New York
    Just wanted to say a few things that i noticed about many italian americans. Perfect example is I own a restaurant and during the 2002 world cup we would all get up early to go watch games at my restaurant but i was ashamed at how many people (who never watch soccer except for the world cup) would come to the restaurant would come to watch the italian games but when i would invite them over for the USA game the crowd was always half of the italy game . and these people were all born in the USA. Don't get me wrong I love italy ( as i said before my parents were both born in italy ) but that just shows how people don't respect the united states soccer team. why not support both teams as I do??

4. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read the post about italian american fans. We went over this.

5. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hmmm....this thread has all the potential to turn into the American Italian fans part 2, so I'm closing it. Sorry.