Post-match: USA Ghana general post match discussion

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by bungadiri, Jun 26, 2010.

1. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continue the post game discussion here.

2. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ricardo Clark.

3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    f you ricardo clark.....

and F you bob bradley....

4. toddk15

toddk15 Guest

I think its a real tough break because the chance was really there to grow the game. And ultimately this was the worst possible outcome as Americans:

1) saw their team lose
    2) saw everything they hate about soccer with the fake injuries in the latter stages.

5. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I never imagined I would find myself saying, "If only Landon had played as well as Bornstein..."

6. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ricky and our shaky backline both goats. Not surprising really. Still a great run for the USA! Still proud of them!

7. rickinva

rickinva Member

Feb 8, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks for the run boys. Our poor defense caught up to us today.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

Apr 14, 2008
    SoCal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What upsets me is that this Ghana side was very beatable. Our propensity for giving up early goals (both in the game and in stoppage time), and Bob Bradley's inspired decision to start Rico Clark, cost us dearly.

9. Drippingmilk

Drippingmilk Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Deserved elimination, our defense had a mental deficiency and kept giving up goals in the first 5 minutes.

Almost every time.

A team can't do that and stay in the world cup.

10. dsnipes1

dsnipes1 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    didn't deserve to go through. wasted chances when we had ghana on the ropes, poor decision making in extra time, horrible lineup by bradley. just didn't deserve the win.

11. drenasu

drenasu New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Chicago, IL

Especially agree with number 2. Ghana has just made to my list of soccer teams that I hate. That time wasting was ridiculous.

12. Willito

Willito Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Thank you USMNT, you did your best, but it wasn't enough, thanks for the effort and thanks for leaving your skin and your heart in the pitch, you deserve our respect, and hopefuly, you earned the respect of the last minute bandwagon jumpers who never saw you play before, who never suffered with you before, who never celebrated with you before, but who probably were looking with suspicious eyes to see if this team was worth their fcuking time.

I just hope Uruguay crushes these Ghanians in the quarterfinals.

13. The Toe

The Toe Member

Mar 30, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true. All the injuries we had to key players finally caught up to us. We don't have the depth to fill key injuries. An inform Gooch and Davis would have given us a better chance. I am down but we lost but a realist to know that we really took it as far as we could with what we had.

14. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably the single biggest point of criticism that could be levelled at him. I wasn't enamoured of Findlay, but Clark was really bad every time he played. I just don't understand Bob's love affair with him.

15. gfranc79

gfranc79 Member

Dec 10, 2005
    NYC
    Our boys simply had no gas in the tank. Our weakness, the central defense again exposed. Jozy was gassed since the 1st half. Buddle should have gotten a chance. Feilhaber, should be a starter. Please team USA, dont give up the quick goals after kickoff...you chase the game that way and it will wear u down. Im proud of the team ...but this was a good bracket for us to get through to the semis. It's a shame. Question will Bradley be the coach after this WC? And for the new fans...I hope you embrace the game and not go back to your bandwagon jumping days.

16. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took more energy than they had to chase the game - twice.

I thought Buddle would have been subbed in instead of Gomez to win some of the aerial balls. But, ehh...

17. seeds

seeds Member

Apr 23, 2002
    NYC
    i know its hopeless to even ask, but can we not do this shit please.

good cup boys. tons of fun and lots of new converts. good things were accomplished. thank you to bob and the entire team.

18. Dancy

Dancy Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Can we please drop the whole the coach needs to understand the US palyer and/or MLS and get one that understands the sport?

19. scooter kleger

scooter kleger New Member

Apr 13, 2006
    We looked tired as I expected. Pushing for a goal for most of the previous games took a lot out of our guys. Altidor especially didn't have much and probably should have been benched for this game. I cannot imagine why Bradley decided to start Clark given that Edu has looked consistently better throughout the WC.

20. Artesian

Artesian New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    The Evergreen State
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref allowed it, be mad at him. Ghana did what smart teams do.

21. lagalaxysoccerfan

lagalaxysoccerfan New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Riverside
    Screw Clark, Bob, and the whole fnnn team. Its all your fault for keep on saying "semi-final here we come", yea screw u Alexi Lalas and all the other overconfident US fans. I hate the world and im going to go burn my car.

22. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope Bob is gone by the end of the week. We need to start fresh. I'm gonna be watching the Uruguay vs Ghana game. I'm so sad. :(

23. Hubcity11

Hubcity11 New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Hatttiesburg MS
    No excuses, Ghana simply won.

24. FnordUnitedFC

FnordUnitedFC Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember Gomez touching the ball in 30 minutes.

25. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F*ck me!!!

******** everything, soccer sucks.