USA Fans Afraid to Attend 11/17 at RFK

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by ColdCuts, Oct 2, 2002.

1. ColdCuts

ColdCuts Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Queens, NYC
    According to what I've read ("US v. ES in RFK?" over at USA Men: News and Analysis) it sounds like a great deal of DC based US supporters are gonna watch this one from the safety of their living rooms 'cause they're afraid of what the El Salvador fans might do to 'em if they go to RFK. Is this true? If so, that REALLY blows my mind! Someone, please explain this to me. If it's so bad that you can't take care of yourselves--is it really that bad?! Then what the hell is wrong with the people who run RFK?!

Well, I'm flying down for the match and I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be the only Yank in the house.

To those who are riding the fence about attending: Would you go if you could join up with other US supporters? American citizens should be able to attend a USMNT friendly in their OWN NATION'S CAPITAL without being afraid!

2. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Any pussies that don't go becuase they are afraid in our own damn country aren't real US soccer fans.

3. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    I'll be there holding my big giant Green Card. All 50,000 of 'em will shut up really ***************ing quick when Landon + Beasley hook up to score 3 goals in the first half. Never be afraid, your just acting like a bunch of 12 year old girls.

And for anyone upset by my green card comment, grow up...it's only a joke. Although if u see someone holding one up, that'd be me.

4. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    That's pretty silly if people are afraid to go to RFK. DC can draw Americans if promoted properly.

5. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Don't know if I'll be there, but if I'm not it won't be because I'm scared (lack of money is more like it)...

Alex

6. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex is back on the boards, long time no see. U gotta make it down with the La Norte crew.

7. NorthSide

NorthSide New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    Virginia
    INS Rumor

Is it true??? Is the INS going to be at the match?
    HA HA!!!

Hey, let's just freaking go and see what happens. It is so obvious that the USSF is interested in $$$ than the Nats or the fans.

They want to fill their pockets with "dinero" and "F" everyone else. I believe that the USSF loves to see our boys get shite on at home.

I'll have my "USSF LOVES $$$ AND NOT THE NATS" banner with me.

USSF are a bunch of suits that can blow me I thought bringing Honduras to RFK was bad but this one really hurts like a kick in the balls.

WAY TO GO USSF!!!! SUCK ON SOMETHING!!!!

8. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I've been around, just not much going on recently.

I'll be there if I can afford it, don't worry about it. I'm thinking catch BC-BU hockey at the Walter Brown Arena, take the overnight train down to DC, hang out with the girlfriend on Saturday, then head back up to Boston after the game.

Northside--on top of that, Honduras was a WCQ, which means more interest among non-hardcore Americans.

Alex

9. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there, but I will leave children at home. The problems DCU has had with Salvadoran fans and the potential for heavy-handed security makes me think this one is best kept an all adult affair.

10. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    ************ the sallies. We'll see how loud they get after Landon makes them our second favorite bitch ( after the tri-babies of course)

11. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Am I the only one to notice that there has been no official USSF press release on this game?

Perhaps it might be changing?

12. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Right now, the deal is not yet finalized. Apparently RFK wants more money, the USSF wants more money and the El Salvadorans want more money.

Something has to give. Look for an announcement either way next week.

On another note, if this match does come off, we should unite the USA support behind the goal. We had a great atmosphere in May for the Uruguay match and if we get the same turnout again, we should have another awesome time. I don't know what the Sam's Army folks have planned, but I know La Norte will be behind the goal, and I assume the Yank Army, and all true hardcore fans, will join us.

Sachin

13. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the love of god can everyone or the majority of hardcore fans come with us behind the goal? The majority of the Sallies will be there and we'll need alot of help to drown them out.

14. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like we have the makings of our first, grown-in-the-USA soccer riot beginning to brew.

Simmering local disgust and anger with prior fan behavior at United games, leave-the-kids home atmosphere, US citizens feeling particularly nationalistic and 'ain't-gonna-take-it-anymore', gathering of two rabid fan groups in the same area, no ability of the stadium authority to separate the groups, let alone manage the inevitable confrontations...something for all to look forward to.

Here's one game guaranteed to get the attention of the media. Not, necessarily, the attention that USSF hopes for, however.

But at least they'll rake in the dollars.

Good for them.

15. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    We've finally arrived!!!!

16. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that ought pique interest from testosterone seething young men.

17. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me being one of them. I can definately see something "going off" at that game. Sorry, had to throw in that phrase in...never got to use it before. But, in all seriousness, I think the light-hearted should stay away from that area altogether goes it could turn into a war down there. I'm ready.

18. Goalkeeps7

Goalkeeps7 Member

Apr 1, 1999
    (in Jack Edwards cracking voice.)
    Cue smoke bomb.

19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Great. Why don't you all move to Holland and find some Feyenoord fans to rumble with. You don't give a rats ass about soccer, you're obviously going in looking for a fight. You must not want soccer to succeed in this country.

20. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if I offended you, I'm not going in there looking for a fight. My bad if I made it sound that way, it was sarcastic but if you took it seriously then i understand why you'd be pissed. It's not like I'm some hooly who doesn't give a rats *** about the game, because I do...a whole lot. Call it a overwhelming patriotism, if you will. All I'm saying is that I'm goin to stand up for myself, and I hope others will too.

Seriously though, my above post was just some light-hearted joking. If I didn't convey it properly then I'm sorry. But, like I said before, I'm not taking any crap from some stupid sallie. Sorry, but seein an American flag burnt stirs up an anger that can't really be compared to anything. Once again, I'm not some hooly looking for trouble, I love the game..that's why I go on these boards.

21. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    This is the problem. WE NEED TO GROW SOME BALLS. I'm definitley not condoning hooliganism, but we really need to stop being pushed around in RFK.

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Have you ever been pushed at RFK? I've certainly never been pushed at RFK stadium. Either at US National Team games, or as a lone KC Wizard fan at DCU games.

23. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    What do you mean by that? Exactly how do you "stand up for yourself"? I thought you already stood at the games. What more can you do? Are you euphemistically talking about punching a Salvadoran? Or do you just mean you're going to stand at the game and cheer?

Please explain.

24. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm am going to be jumping and singing along with everyone else behind the goal. Yet, if I'm physically threatened, I will physically threaten back. If I am verbally threatened, I will give the same back. That's what I'm saying. I'm not condoning hooliganism. Hooliganism is when you go out looking for a fight. I am not. But, like I said before, whatever i receive I'm givin right back. Sorry if you don't agree but that's how I feel and if I said anything otherwise I'd be lieing. Don't even worry about it, there will probably be some minor fisticuffs but nothing major.

25. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, keep the pictures rolling. You provide the only decent crowd shots around.