USA fan confidence poll

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by aarond23, Oct 9, 2015.

?

Confidence going into the US-Mex game

1. High - easy win

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Medium high - will be extremely disapointed if we dont win

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Average - complete toss up

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Below average - team will look as bad as they did vs Jamaica, Panama and Brazil

21 vote(s)
    41.2%
  5. Low - team has no shot and will get embarrassed

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA fan confidence poll

2. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Total toss up for me. On the one hand JK hasn't lost to Mexico, we get up for Mexico, and we're full of vets. On the other, we've looked like crap lately. I also have hopes for Texas beating OU tomorrow.

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  3. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont know which way to go either, Big Soccer 'conventional wisdom' is always turned on its head at some point, I think this team might surprise BUT at the same time, like the Miami Dolphins football team, sometimes there are spirals that you start going down that you can't recover from.

Just know it will be interesting to watch, if a little painful if it goes completely south

Master O and HomietheClown repped this.
  4. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. And Mexico has had a mix of results as of late. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

5. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    But what about my Longhorns?

6. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Charlie Strong will be free to take over for Jurgen? :)

7. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    average. id feel better if williams started over beckerman. if alvarado and beckerman both start my confidence is about 30%

TKyle repped this.
  8. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I give us a 6o% chance. I do not have confidence in our ability to win the game, but rather in Mexico's ability to lose it. Regardless of our level of play, never underestimate Mexico's ability to completely lay an egg when playing us. I will put some money on us if I can get at least even odds.

9. SaltyCatter

SaltyCatter Member

Feb 16, 2009
    The West
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went with medium high----trying to be confident here. I will be extremely disappointed if we don't win....but I have no idea if we will win. I'm feeling very uncomfortable about this whole thing & I don't particularly like this feeling :cautious:

10. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    One Variable we cannot control the officiating. With the pro mexican crowd and El Chapo being at-large, I don't feel great that the official cannot be bought and that we could be undone by a soft pen. If we get %&&*ed by a weak pen I am going to lose it. I can take a close loss or a bad loss but I want to see a fair game. The matches at Golf Cup were NOT called fairly. I wish we had a North Korean officiating crew for this one. They seem to call matches very fairly. I can't put a number on our chances but I don't feel great about them. I feel much better about our U-23 squad's chances to clean up their qualifying event undefeated than for the senior team to win this match tomorrow. One thing is for sure. I know we will score at least one goal and Mexico will score at least one as well. We have not been shut out since Germany match in the world cup almost a year and a half ago. That is not by accident.

Master O and TheLostUniversity repped this.
  11. brewcity77

brewcity77 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Complete toss-up. We may end up looking as bad as we did in the Gold Cup, but let's be honest, Mexico didn't look that good in the GC either. It isn't so much that I think we're good enough to beat them, but more that I think they're bad enough that we can beat them.

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bet365 has 2.62/1 for USA, 3.10/1 for a draw, and 2.60/1 for Mexico, so that's pretty even.

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And if we are comparing teams from that aforementioned Gold Cup...
    ....we have Altidore and Jones available in this game.
    They don't have Dos Santos, and they have a new coach with new tactics and a new way of doing things.

So those factors have me a little bit more confident. But I agree it is a toss-up.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went below average even tho I don't feel the same as the description. I'd change it to a toss up depending on who is and isn't starting. But from what I expect to see I wouldn't hold my breath. The US is in a bad way and we need to start improving. Part of that is a tactical change to how JK is approaching the game and I just don't think we will see that shift.

15. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is going to be interesting. New manager, players trying to prove themselves and no Dos Santos vs who-knows-what from JK and players on the wane but perhaps with a "this is it" attitude.
    It will be a battle. Could go either way.
    But as a Crew fan, I'd like to see that old familiar scoreline...:cool:

16. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can they even have a line for a draw? Is that for the result after 90 min?
    Because there can be no draw in this game--it would go to stoppage time then penalties, right?

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Statistically if a match goes to penalties it is a draw.
    I am not sure if it applies to gambling but it should.

TKyle repped this.
  18. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Below average. Just can't get how bad the Gold Cup was out of my mind, and the away atmosphere in the Rose Bowl won't be helping very much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

19. brewcity77

brewcity77 Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may be wrong, but I think even if it goes to extra time it's considered a draw. The betting line is usually an "after 90 minutes" result.

HomietheClown repped this.
  20. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict Jones v Bradley fisticuffs and a giant smile on Klinsi's face.

21. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I chose "toss-up". I really have no conviction for how this one particular game will go.
    On one hand this is a veteran group of players who really really care about not losing to Mexico, and who have a track record of being gritty even when struggling. They also know it is expected that they defeat Mexico at home, and take pride in living up to that expectation.
    On the other hand, excepting a couple of friendlies, Jurgen teams have consistently played poorly for too long a time. It's hard to gauge what is now the ineptitude of the management vs the consequences of lack of confidence amongst the players. But anyone who saw the whole run of the Gold Cup, or the matches since then, can have little trust in how the team will play through a complete match.....

In any case. May the USA win! ...... [and may the USSF have the cojones to wake up to the reality that there is no good future for the USMNT with Klinsmann as its active head].

22. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.... for ConCaCaf's good, let the result be free of Concacafing......

23. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like both teams are playing very poorly... It's a toss up.

What scares me about the US is the team is in complete disarray, and have zero momentum to come into this match. After being murdered by Brazil and humiliating ourselves in the Gold Cup, I fear Klinsmann is just a sinking ship, and we have to watch the ship go down.

Master O and TheLostUniversity repped this.
  24. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I fear the issue is that we should never have a second cycle coach... They all make the same fatal mistakes of being stagnant and over reliant on old players.

What new coach would seriously ever call up a 32 year old, Chris Wondolowski? Or damn, a 33 year old Alan Gordon? That just makes for a firing offense right there. The ONLY field players who I would have brought in after the World Cup, would have been Dempsey and Jones... And Jones, I would have parted with after the Gold Cup/match against Mexico.

25. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Las Vegas is all over the place on
    You would drop Bradley and Altidore? Bedoya? Cameron? Besler?