USA - England

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Adam Zebrowski, Feb 2, 2005.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Why doesn't the FA just rent out the Queen Mary II (or whatever the huge new ship is named) and send a floatilla of Anglo-Saxons over? Could make for a fun week here in the colonies, especially here in New Amsterdam :)

2. keller

keller New Member

May 20, 2003
    On The Galactica
    What i was trying to say was that, no disrespect intended, England fans wouldn't see the americans as any kind of threat so the chance of "havin it", would be almost nil. The only way i can see any trouble would be if the U.S. suddenly had a major hooligan problem appear over the next few months, with the D.C. United Capital City Firm or the New York Business Crew arranging "an off" outside the ground :):):) lol!!!!

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I like where this is going :)

4. Steve_England

Steve_England New Member

Feb 21, 2005
  5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Beleive me... I hope the game is at Giants Stadium as well.....

6. Steve_England

Steve_England New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Hi NYR Metros

I went to Foxboro in 93, Boston was a bit of a nightmare. I'm not going into the Ireland problem (North and South protestant and catholic) but you probably know what I mean.

Believe me, those of us coming, or 99.9% won't want any hassle, but the prospect of Boston and a ruck with some of the many Irish Americans there may sadly bring some of our undesireables across.

So let's hope it is the Giants Stadium.

7. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Giants Stadium is a lot shorter of a trip than Foxboro (from Philly). So I hope it's there.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Another issue is Foxboro is 40 miles outside of Boston. Giants Stadium is a mere 10 miles from Manhattan.
    Where I say mere, I mean an hour and a half ;)

Plus Giants Stadium holds 80, 000
    I think Gillete Stadium holds 68, 000

9. Steve_England

Steve_England New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    For NYR Metros & everyone eles in the USA

This is off our official Fans site, we've got the Giants Stadium, so NO Boston Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're off to the USA!
    Friday, 11 March 2005.

After months of speculation we can today confirm that England will play two games in the USA in late May!

The two matches are:

v. USA, Saturday May 28, Soldier Field, Chicago, kick-off 2.06pm (8.06pm UK time)

v. COLOMBIA*, Tuesday May 31, The Giants Stadium, New Jersey, kick-off 4pm (9pm UK time)

*Immediately following the match against Colombia the New York MetroStars will play a home Major League Soccer match which you are invited to stay and watch completely free of charge.

We’re currently awaiting confirmation of the size of our ticket allocation and prices for both matches. As soon as we have this information, details will be available here.

It is possible that our tickets will be at two different prices. If this is the case tickets will be available on a first-come-first-served basis to members who are advised their ticket applications have been successful.

Head Coach Sven-Goran Eriksson said: “I am very happy that our plans have been finalised. It is a very good opportunity for me to look at some of the newer members of the squad in a different environment, both on and off the pitch.

“Playing the USA in their own country is a big test. They are an excellent team who have made enormous progress over the last ten years or so, and were very unlucky not to make the semi-finals at the last World Cup. Colombia have always produced talented individuals and offer a totally different style of football to most other teams.

“The trip will be an excellent learning experience for our young players, as well as the chance to build interest in English football among the American public.”

The whole trip gives Sven and his team a great opportunity to work together before they enter the final phase of what we all hope will be a successful conclusion to our World Cup 2006 qualifying campaign. It also gives englandfans+ members the chance to boost your chances of being in Germany with a total of four caps (two per match) being available to fans who make this trip.

So make sure you make the Transatlantic hop to not only watch England, but also to visit two of the world’s most iconic stadia in two of the world’s greatest cities – Chicago and New York. And, show them what a fantastic crowd englandfans+ are.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I guess this thread should be moved from the Philadelphia forum ehh ?