USA England, Wembley Stadium, May 28 2008

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Galaxian, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    Put my brother and I down for the U-35s. Wow, I feel young! I was getting concerned about having to register for an Over-30 league in 3 years time...

We should try to coordinate with the other groups as well, see how many people we have all together.

If people want to consider spending a little dough--not that this trip isn't costing everyone enough already--I have a friend that can get us an all-white official adidas kit (top, shorts, socks, numbers) for about $50, so...it's there for the taking.

2. usagunner12

usagunner12 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Norman, OK
    I'd be in if I wasn't trying to cram a bunch of sightseeing into only a few days...and I was in somewhere match fitness, haha. Although if the U-35 team is really hurting for players (I'm 22) I could probably make it.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things starting to look better for my attendance at the match. However, I'm hoping someone would have an extra ticket or be willing to purchase one for me. Because I'm in Dubai US Soccer will not deliver a ticket to addresses outside of the US. So I'm hoping someone would have an extra ticket I could purchase or be willing to purchase one for me. I can have a check sent in the States.

I'll fly in from France the day of the match and leave the following day. Anyone willing to sell me a spot on their hotel rooms floor after the match? If not, no worries, I figured at I'd stay up all night just like in Germany.

Send a pm if things can be done.

4. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow! I really wanted to go, but guys have a great time! Galaxian, cool thing your doing, organizing everything! Too bad im only 16, but I will be at the World Cup, so no worries there. But guys cheer on are yanks with pride, and show them brits how the Americans play football! Take it to em!

5. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    Okay,

i just booked a room at the Green Man Hotel for Wednesday night. Chase, the guy asked me to tell you to let him know what our numbers are going to be like. If you need help with a deposit, I can help there as well. He just wants to know numbers to make sure he is adequately staffed - though being the night of the match, I can't imagine they would not expect big numbers.

I say we make that place the official pre-match venue. It is close to the Tube stops and is just adjacent to the Stadium. Oh yeah - I'm staying there as well so I can be lazy.

6. josey_a

josey_a New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Dallas
    Wow its been forever since i've been on Big Soccer. I guess i'm known as Fcdallasaddiesbrother. Very excited to hear this thing, cant wait!

7. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously there won't be as many Americans in England as there were in Germany for the cup, but I would guess there would be a few hundred at the Green Man the night before ?

In Kaiserslautern and Nurnberg there were a few hundred Americans. What do you guys think ?

8. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    With the proximity of the bar to the stadium (walking/stumbling distance), I can definitely see us packing the place with 200 or 300+, easy....especially if we get the word out now that the Green Man is the official US Party HQ.

9. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you thinking about the night before , or game day? Or both? I was thinking these same numbers as well, but you just never know.

I have also been in contact with US soccer, and they will most likely be able to post the info for the Green Man on ussoccer.com , which would be awesome.

10. 4-4-2

4-4-2 Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm 25, so under 35s for me. I also normally play right back, but can also play right midfield or holding central defense. I think $50 is a bit steep for a kit for a one-time friendly match. I'd rather spend that on a national team shirt. I already own multiple colors in socks and shorts, so maybe we should just organize the tops, with the option to buy shorts and socks if needed?

11. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    Yeah, $50 is a bit of an investment, but maybe t-shirts. Or maybe US Soccer wants to step up and hook some gear up...even if it's not the new anthracite tops. :)

12. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as meeting at the Green Man, I think it'd be cool to get as many of us as possible together the day of the game and go over to Wembley after hanging out for a few hours at the pub.

13. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Who got their tickets today? i did LOLOLOLZ

2nd game home game this year ill be going too, but who do i cheer for?

I hope USA bring their A team for this, would love to see my snobby family and friends faces if England lost.

********ing grinds my gears when these small minded euro snobs still believe US are like China.

14. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright so I'm gonna try and call The Green Man when I wake up tomorrow, so like 2 PM England time, and hopefully get all the details on booking it for the night before the match, and the day of the match ( if possible ).

I'm guessing the night before the game we could see anywhere from 100-300 US fans, and the day of the game, there will be a bunch of fans stopping by before heading to the match, so hopefully we can march to the stadium together like we did back in Germany.

Chase

15. cisco39

cisco39 Member

May 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    We're staying at the Green Man that night. See you all there before and after the game.

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called the Green Man this morning, but the owner wasnt there, so I talked to the manager, and I'll most likely have to call back either tomorrow or Friday.

I talked to the events coordinator at US soccer, and they have sold right around 1,000 tickets so far for the England game. Let's hope we can fill our allocation...

Chase

17. hollistonrevsfan

Oct 13, 2002
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in for the U35s, as I said I play keeper, unless a few other people want to then I'd gladly take a shift on the field instead, I just want to get to experience this supporter's game, don't care where/how much I play.

18. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    I concur. I think it'll be great to gather 'round at the GM, drink and discuss for a while, and then head over to the stadium together, as there is strength in numbers.

Many thanks to Galaxian for heading up the Green Man effort!

19. Stella FC

Stella FC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Boone, NC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll (me + 1) will meet up at the Green Man for sure. We're staying at Wembley Plaza, so it should be nice and close. I'll throw my boots in my bag as well, but can't commit to playing for sure as we may be trying to cram some sights into the short trip. If I play, i can play U35 for sure and, if they'll bend a little, the 35+ team since i've only got 6 months til I'm 35 and i'm definitely in 35+ shape :(

20. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Are you guys all meeting at the Green Man?

Is it a traditional US fighting pub?

I'll put the word out.

;)

21. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

Not even sure what this means, but yes, we will be there. Holler!

22. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's watched Green Street Hooligans one too many times. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I expedited my passport renewal and got it back in less than 2 weeks.

23. Sir Fabio

Sir Fabio New Member

Mar 16, 2008
    You're an embarresment mate. Be quiet.

24. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England