USA England, Wembley Stadium, May 28 2008

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Galaxian, Mar 20, 2008.

1. korey

korey New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Lincoln, NE
    I know of at least 5 AO guys from Nebraska going. We should start working on songs... I should start a thread

2. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear. Are you gonna make it out there korey?

Chase

3. FineYoungCasual

FineYoungCasual New Member

Feb 9, 2008
    London, UK
    Another ex-pat living in London... if anybody has any tips on ticket(s) that will have me sitting with my fellow Americans I'd be greatly appreciative of any information. Thanks.

4. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright roll call time you guys :

Chase + 10 SCB

copy and add your name plus how many are coming with you to the list

5. VA Beach Brigade

Feb 22, 2006
    VA Beach
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright roll call time you guys :

Chase + 10 SCB

John + 1 (at least)

copy and add your name plus how many are coming with you to the list

6. VA Beach Brigade

Feb 22, 2006
    VA Beach
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also FYI ticket sales in England start April 4th, hope US Soccer gets some info out this week!!

7. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I talked to the event coordinator , and he said everything is being finalized, and full info will be out within 6-8 days.

Chase

8. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many tickets do you think they will get any idea?

Chase one other question:

Is there going to be a coordinated effort to do something with England and Spain? They're in the same neighborhood and the games are only a week apart.

9. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2 months? not likely, not nowadays. even before 9/11 2 months would have been relatively quick.

10. usagunner12

usagunner12 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Norman, OK
    What's the area around Wembley like? I'm staying about a mile or two south of the stadium and was wondering if it's worth it to take the tube or just walk there. This will be my first national team game outside of the US, actually outside of Chicago, so it'd be nice to know what to expect in terms of gameday logistics.

11. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also asked how many tickets we got in the allocation, and he said we will know for sure within the next few days, so possibly the USSF is still getting all the final details as well.

As for the Spain game, I haven't heard anything about tickets for the match, as that might depend upon whether or not the USSF got an allocation from the Spanish FA.

If any Americans living in london, or who are familiar with the area around Wembley , could help us find a good pub, we could pick a location for all US fans to meet before the match, so we can all go in together. We could email yanks-abroad.com , and notify US soccer to post the meeting spot on their websites, so US fans not on bigsoccer know where to meet.

Chase

12. The Wisdom Cube

The Wisdom Cube New Member

Oct 7, 2005
    Clemson, SC
  13. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    You can get a passport in two days if you pay a little extra.

14. NJgotlove

NJgotlove Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Monmouth County,NJ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually just got my passport about 4 months ago....they tell you 10 weeks...i think it was pretty much 10 weeks

15. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got a return email from somebody at Wembley. I had emailed them asking if the BAF ( 20x30 US flag ) would be allowed in the stadium, and if a drum would be allowed in by US supporters.

he said no to both questions, saying it could cause a '' health and safety risk '' . I always hear drums at England matches...?

16. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't being an English supporter constitute a health & safety risk? :D

17. vineyarddawg

vineyarddawg New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Athens, GA
    Man, this is one of those once-in-a-lifetime type chances... USA, playing in Wembley? (Ok, well, maybe not once in a lifetime, but definitely once every 2 decades or so!) I'm so wanting to be in for this one.

I feel so MNT-starved... I live near Atlanta, so I don't get many quality opportunities to see the MNT in my backyard! Went to Germany for the WC, and saw the team in Birmingham during '06 WC qualifiers against Guatemala. Other than that, though, the closest they get is Nashville! (Or Tampa... but that's even further away.)

Not sure I can get anyone to go with me from here, though (and the wife sure as heck isn't interested)... so I'd be interested in where everyone else will be meeting up over there before the game.

I really hope I get to go... what a great experience to see the Yanks playing in Wembley!

18. BaltimoreYankFan

BaltimoreYankFan New Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Towson, MD
    I want every US supporter to sing " MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE"... :D

19. EastCampusAllStar

EastCampusAllStar New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Escazú, Costa Rica
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be there with a friend, coming up from Brussels. Depends on cost of game ticket, train ticket and lodging. Exchange rate is a bitch.

20. Lefty1984

Lefty1984 New Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Ft. Bragg, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The exchange rate is DEFINITELY a bitch.....all ye be warned!

21. Lefty1984

Lefty1984 New Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Ft. Bragg, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, for those who rarely/never travel outside the US: Certain banks will let you withdraw from foreign ATM's for free. Also, I believe it is cheaper to exchange at the Airport, from what I saw. Check with your banks to see what they can do for you about exchanges/ATM fees, etc.

22. 4-4-2

4-4-2 Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    Correct. Bank of America has partnerships with these banks, but only in their home countries:

Barclays (United Kingdom)
    BNP Paribas (France)
    China Construction Bank (China)
    Deutsche Bank (Germany)
    Satander Serfin (Mexico)
    Scotiabank (Canada)
    Westpac (Australia and New Zealand)

Also check out Air Canada for tickets. I booked return flights to London (coming the other way) for $500. I'm living in Berlin now and will be sure to come to the match!.

23. hollistonrevsfan

Oct 13, 2002
    Harrisonburg, VA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just going to post this. I've been able to get returns from Logan to Heathrow twice this year for like $520, so its a good option if you don't mind transferring in Canada. I'm currently studying in England for the semester, so this timing could not be more perfect. Please let us know on here when they figure out what the ticket situation is for US supporters, I want to be sure not to miss this.

By the way, if anyone's going to pay all that money to come down to London for the game, it might be worth checking out a playoff final at Wembley that week as well if you were going to come for a few days and make a small vacation out of it, they have the Championship final on the 24th, League One on the 25th, and League Two on the 26th.

24. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can pay extra to get it extradited. I have to renew my passport, so I will find out this week.

25. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just booked my flight on Air Canada, $519 R/T. Not bad, connects in Halifax, NS on the way out from Boston, and in Montreal on the way back from London. Found a decent hotel too, so I am all set. All I need is a ticket!

I am definitely interested in going to a promotion playoff. Any idea how to get tickets for this? Also, sometimes other countries play friendlies in England (Jamaica comes to mind). Are there any other friendlies scheduled that week?