USA-BRAZIL, Sept 9. Soldier Field, Chicago

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by MakingNews, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    Anybody want to join me at Fogo de Chao Brazillian Restaurant on Saturday night? They are a little pricey at $48.00 @ person, but it fun with the guys walking around with beef on swords and serving you and it is all you can eat; and very excellent BBQ food.

661 N Lasalle St
    Chicago, IL 60610-3722
    Phone: (312) 932-9330

They are close to the El train. I all ways like to go there when I am in Chicago.

Fogo de Chao is real busy, so let me know if you want to come so I can make reservations at:
    rodneyd44@yahoo.com

2. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Section 124, row 15, seats 3-7.

This will be my 5th cap, and third of the year. Bringing 4 first timers with me.

3. stealth71

stealth71 Member

Oct 11, 1999
    It's more like $65-$75 per person when you add drinks. A less expensive option is lunch which is about half the above price I just listed, although the last time I did lunch there I went into Food Coma and rendered even more useless than I normal - lol.

Fonsos

4. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be up to catching Euro qualifiers if i come in Friday Night instead of Saturday Afternoon

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    My seats are in 121, Row 1.

the day before (saturday) we have a FIRE trip to Columbus and many of us are returning in the morning and coming to this game. Can anyone tell me how we can get our bass drum in? Do we have to go in early with it (as we used to) or can we just bring it in any time we want?

7. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Honestly, I thought the number would be a lot higher after the first few days. They have not even opened up the 400 level for sale on ticketmaster yet. It looks like the 100 level is close to sold out, but I don't know if we will see a sell out for this one.

8. stealth71

stealth71 Member

Oct 11, 1999
    I think they've sold more than 20K for this match based on my searches into various price categories. The majority of seats on the main level are behind the goals and not many left in those areas. The $85 seats are sold out. On field seats are sold out - $250. Club level seats seemed to be limited to either a few seats on the East side at midfield or in a near corner on the east side. Seats in the 300 level are available but again not in prime territory. Not sure about the 400 level but I doubt they're holding back on those seats. Keep in mind that a number of seats were pulled before the sale thanks to the sponsors helping make this happen.

I think we'll see a sell out similar to the Gold Cup Final, i.e. a week or two before the match is scheduled to kick off. A number of people still wanna here that Brazil's A team will make the trip and they'll be part of the unlucky crowd or paying a whole hell of alot more for tickets than they should have group.

Fonsos

9. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think some Brazil fans (and American) may be waiting to see if Dunga picks Ronaldinho or Kaka are benched or not. I read that they are for the Algeria friendly.

10. Toon16

Toon16 Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. CHSsoccer08

CHSsoccer08 Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. noeldeahno

noeldeahno New Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Slept on tix. Anyone have 3-4 for sale, face value? If no reply by Sat. morning, I'll take what ticketmaster giveth me. PM or email noel.elissa@gmail.com

Thx.

—Noel

13. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's still some good seats in the $65-$40 range. A guy previously said there's not really a bad seat at Soldier. And the 400 level seats aren't being sold so you may be ok!

14. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Think this will be far from a sellout. I just tried to pull 300 level tix on the north and south end and they weren't available and I don't think those have sold out, I don't think they opened that up for the game. I'd very much like to see a sell out atmosphere, but since it's a friendly..I don't think it'll happen.

15. korey

korey New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Lincoln, NE
    hey guys,

we've rented a charter and are bringing over 50 people from Nebraska. None of us will have cars in Chicago. Is anyone interested in setting up a large tailgate around noon? The 50 plus would be willing to pay $5 or so each, so you'd definitely make your money back...

Send me an email if you're interested (I cant check BS at work!)
    koreydonahoo@hotmail.com

Thanks

16. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    They limit where you can tailgate at SF, organize anything for the top of the Waldron deck on the south side of Soldier Field.

17. LUVTOMIXITUP

LUVTOMIXITUP New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Does anyone know if there will be an open practice for either team U.S.A. or Brazil.

Thanks

18. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see that scheduled the day before is 'Chicago Football Classic'. Do you think they will take the American Football lines off for the US game?
    I hope so, especially becuase it's on ESPN2 and we're hosting the #1 soccer team in the world. It'll look tacky if the NFL lines are on it!!

The Bears don't play there until the week after so they have a full week to re-line!

19. feef

feef New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey Everyone,

I'm flying in form LA on friday morning I was wondering

1) Has anyone set up a get together for sat night?

2) Is there anyone who has set-up a tailgate so that we can be together and march in to our section as ONE!

Go US

20. feef

feef New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey Everyone,

I'm flying in form LA on friday morning I was wondering

1) Has anyone set up a get together for sat night? My B-day is sat night---woo hoo!!

2) Is there anyone who has set-up a tailgate so that we can be together and march in to our section as ONE!

Go US

21. El Steve

El Steve Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is there anything for sure planned on sunday anywhere with anyone? i'm with four, we'd love somewhere to go before the game so i can get belligerent

22. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I'm more concerned about the longer cut of the grass than the lines that might be on it.

23. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Where should I park if I coming down from Wisconsin?? We have 2 cars and are driving down that day.

We need to get out quickly as well. What are your recommendations?

PM me please.

24. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA