USA at Trinidad (WCQ): Oct 10, 2017, Port of Spain

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. MinnesotaScouser

Mar 29, 2005
    St Paul, Minnesota
    Hey there. Not sure if we've all met before. I'm Charlie from Minnesota. I'm traveling to Trinidad solo. Was going to rent my own car when I heard about the stadium move. However, it would be a lot more fun and less expensive to ride down there with other US fans. Happy to share the cost of the car/gas/parking. Any chance you have room in your car for 1 more. Are you staying in Port of Spain Tuesday night?

4. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Driving seems like the best option. I sent an email to public bus agency, PTSC, about options, like special event service....Still awaiting a response. Green band maxi taxis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxi_taxi) will probably serve the stadium. However, if attendance is poor as predicted, the cab operators may skip it, especially after the match.

I looked into staying in Couva, not realistic.

5. gewyglop

gewyglop Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Heading to TNT for the big game. It wasn't supposed to matter, but now it does. Anyway, any fans want to join in a fishing expedition the day after the game?

wixson7 repped this.
  6. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Are there any all inclusive resorts in Trinidad? If so, please list them. Getting married October 6th. Thinking about going there for a honeymoon. Please give me details guys!!!

wixson7 repped this.
  7. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Are there any all inclusive resorts in Trinidad? If so, please list them. Getting married October 6th. Thinking about going there for ahoneymoon. Please give me details guys!!!

8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Game tix onsale now from USSoccer, $39, max of 4. Sale closes next Wed, Sept 27.

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  9. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    The place only hold 12 people. First come, first serve

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Husker12

Husker12 New Member

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Where do you go to buy them?

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    If you are a USSoccer Supporters Club (USSC) member then you received an email this week with the info on it. This is different from AO/Hammers, though they may have their own ticket allotment for T&T.

Either way, USSC link is here: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/ussoccer/EN/promotion/home but you'll need to log in and all that..

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Real Corona

Since the game will be in Couva, can the topic title be changed from Port of Spain to Couva?

14. drupha

drupha Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA
    Hey, with the game being moved, I'm looking to either rent a car or pay into a car share. I got a ticket within the US Soccer block. Let me know if you've got space in your car or would want a spot in another car!

15. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an FYI if you go to pick up your tickets at the Courtyard the hotel has no clue about it. Go to the right and a guy in a USA jacket has them.

16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Sounds like some people heading to Smokey And Bunty on Ariapita Ave around 8:30p tonite. Fyi.

17. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Real Corona is the bomb. That is all.

wixson7 and Real Corona repped this.
  18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Match report

Go find a pile of animal feces. Roll around in it. Bath yourself in it. Eat it.

You will have experienced this game.

UnitedBorn, Father Ted, canchon and 4 others repped this.
  19. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Props to all those who made the trip.
    I hope that you all partied so hard with the locals, that you woke up the next morning hungover and with no memories of the previous evening.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was like 600 people at the stadium. The stadium is in the middle of a field like 25 miles from town. The fans mostly just laughed at us and sarcastically invited us to watch the world cup with them on their couch. Port of Spain was quiet as a typical Tuesday night. I went to the Subway, only thing I saw open around midnight when I got back, had a cold meatball sandwhich and realized the cold meatball sandwhich with unmelted cheese and untoasted bread was a metaphor for what I had just witnessed today.

Bluegoose951 and wixson7 repped this.
  21. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    I’m amazed that you possess any memories at all. I would have found someone to party with, or drank myself into a stupor so deep that I would probably be awaking just about now, to read Bruce’s resignation statement.

22. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There aren't many of us that witnessed live "The Catastrophe in Couva" aka "The Flop Heard 'Round The World." So there's that.

Nice to meet and hang out with some of the few other soccer travelers that take care of their own arrangements.

I hope the next US WCQ at TNT, should it ever occur, returns to Hasely Crawford Stadium.

wixson7 repped this.
  23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Due to PTSD I'm not sure I'll be able to return to Trinidad for a very long time

24. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    wixson7 repped this.
  25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv